Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.98 - 109votes)

Shin Sekai Yori

Alt Names: alt From the New Worldalt Shinsekai Yorialt 新世界より
Author: Kishi Yuusuke
Artist: Oikawa Tooru
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy TragedyYuri Yuri
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is set in Japan a millennium from now. Five children — the protagonist Saki, Satoru, Maria, Mamoru, and Shun — have been born and raised in a tranquil town that can be described as a utopia, overflowing with water and green foilage. The world is ruled by people who have the "cursed power" or the "gods' power" of telekinesis.

After a certain incident, Saki and the others come to realize the true nature of their world. Before long, they learn everything, including the bloody history that brought humanity to this state. The five throw themselves into life-threatening adventure and fighting to protect friends and a world on the brink of collapse.
Go to Shin Sekai Yori Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic I need help from readers who understand Shin Sekai Yori well. New Window nes370
  • 0 Replies
Topic (Fiends) Argh! I hate finding stupidly easily fixes to major plot points. New Window kishind
  • 4 Replies

136 Comments

Didnt like the start, but it got much better once they go into the forbidden area. Got me really hooked actually. And the ecchi scenes which pop up randomly here and there make it even better. Gonna follow this one!
The anime is a lot more subtle than the manga, and is one of the best show of the year.
If anybody is confused, the anime follows the novels and not this manga. I still love the anime way more though.
@d4z3d: 'Queer' means 'odd' in this case. There's so much new terminology in the story, explanations and literal translations would kill the flow. So some of the translators got creative. The original Japanese, 'bakenezumi', is more like 'monster rat'.
Right, fuck all the interesting world-building and fuck all the thought the author put into the story. Everything but the Bonobos falls under miscellaneous.
Well I have nothing against homosexually, but this is just too much. I mean there's creatures named "QUEER"rats... are you kidding me? lol. Wish there was a plot I would enjoy to accompanied such great artwork. What a shame.
From what i could see

Spoiler
The anime sucks. This manga is better.
and @Sou -- my above comment about the Bonobos rings true for your particular love hexagon.
Spoiler
Personally, I could not get into the anime. The anime, while explaining some helpful backstory stuff doesn't really hold true to the content of the world in which they live their lives. Switching to spoilers...

Spoiler

I couldnt watch the anime after the 5th episode, cause I got bored. Everything seemed forced. This is much better and much truer to the apocalyptic scenario that the author has created. As to why there is a big plot jump,
Spoiler
I don't even know but if i want to follow this.

Stressing as hell.

BUT WHATEVER
its been a while from the last time i had a confused boner like this.
@Sou the only source I can think of is the original novel. Which translation is hard to find. So yeah, it sounds like it, but dunno how extreme they'll display it in the manga and anime.
Someone answer me
is this fucking real???

Spoiler
i so glad that the boys were NOT having fun...
The author does not matter for it to be some thing akin to a spiritual successor.
except the author is different...
The manga give there powers the same hands as elfen lied powers so may be this is a distant future where most of the people now have psychic powers.
D: wtf is this!? my image of the anime is ruined lol oh well... /tugs into the ecchi stuff ^_^
Art sort of reminds me of Kentaro Yabuki. Not as refined, not nearly as good, but very surely it's inspired by. Story's pretty interesting so far, was not expecting Yuri at all. Is the anime for this any good? Actually, is the novel being translated anywhere?
For the people confused at Chapter 2. It's clear some sort of brainwashing occurs with the killing of students without a canthus.

It seems to me as though the teacher was controlling the faze cat and has some way of memory manipulation. Which is why they referred to their group as having only "5 people" instead of six the very next day.

The series implies more information than directly saying it.
came here cause tits. only on the first chapter atm but I have to ask: why is Saki wearing crotchless pants? o.o
I`m so confused. Chapter 1 and 2 doesn`t make sense. Why`s there`s a sudden jump plot like that?

No explanation, none whatsoever. It`s like telling us to figure out ourselves.

The art is definitely wonderfull and eyecandy. As for the story, perhaps you shouldn`t take it seriously. Just enjoy the art and the sexy girl.
i can sort of guess why people are going on about this being yuri and all, but, even in the anime the library thing does explain that when the current cantus users find themselves in a situation of extreem stress they releave themselves with sexual acts with either gender. that being said you can tell the artist really wanted to show the releaving of stress amoungst the girls hahaha
Why is the drawing so sexy? O_O

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics