Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.46 - 167votes)

Kuzu no Honkai

Alt Names: alt 人渣的本愿alt クズの本懐alt Scum's Desirealt Scum's Wish
Author: Yokoyari Mengo
Artist: Yokoyari Mengo
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: 17-year-old Awaya Mugi and Yasuraoka Hanabi appear to be the ideal couple. They are both pretty popular, and they seem to suit each other well. However, outsiders don't know of the secret they share. Both Mugi and Hanabi have hopeless crushes on someone else, and they are only dating each other to soothe their loneliness. Mugi is in love with Minagawa Akane, a young teacher who used to be his home tutor. Hanabi is also in love with a teacher, a young man who has been a family friend since she was little. In each other, they find a place where they can grieve for the ones they cannot have, and they share a loneliness-driven physical intimacy. Will things stay like this for them forever?
Go to Kuzu no Honkai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Can we talk about those spoilers? (Spoilers, obviously) New Window pistolcream
  • 6 Replies
Topic Kuzu no Honkai discussion tread New Window Baltringue29
  • 0 Replies

237 Comments

@PROzess

Really? [referring to your spoiler] I didn't get that at all.

And actually, I don't think I've ever referred to a sibling by their title except in Asian languages like Cantonese and Vietnamese. Don't we just call our brother by their name in modern English?

When I think of using "brother" when directly speaking to them, I think of:
"Tarry not, brother!" and "Get thee hence, sister!" kind of stuff.
@Dacza

Drama, comfort, drama, comfort, all involving the main characters in their unrequited, one-sided love. Confessions by each main character to both teachers. Rejections by said teachers. Both characters comfort each other and realize they need to grow up and move on and realize, "Hey, we have both been there for each other. This feels kind of nice. I don't think I want this to end. I don't think I could be with anyone else." The End.
I dunno about that translation issues PROzess has.
Oni-chan has different meanings, while normaly no western person would use "brother" out of it's family-context. Not while adressing the person.

Also this doesn't deserve a NTR tag, I don't even know how would get to this idea. Except by having no clue what it means.
Hm... Hope that girl end up with his "brother" and the dude with his "sister" :/
people keep talking about "I can see the ending" stuff and all but IMO, I'm more interested how the author would go about in reaching that so-called ending you guys keep predicting.

good art and narration so far.
This like like a ToraDora except more subtle, real and less comedy.
@PROzess

didn't see your spoiler tag. That's also a possibility. I personally didn't get that vibe when he was over at their house, but I could be wrong.
I get the same feeling as Nugester. I was trying to figure out their relationship, and the only thing that makes sense is that she's not her "brother" onii chan, but more like an "older guy friend" onii chan.

Also, in conversational English, people don't normally refer to their brother as "brother" when addressing them. I think that's why it sounds weird to call your brother "brother."
@PROzess

Based on the translation of chapter 2, looks like they are not related. Hanabi's father is dead while Nazumi has a father. I didn't get the feeling that Nazumi's father and Hanabi's mother married then divorced.
Sweet. Thanks!
its not really ntr, i think its under a completely different genre, not netorare or vanilla but in between, they both are having different feelings for other people but they use each other without being netorare
I want to see how they came up with that deal (licking each other's wounds) in the first place.
I wonder if Yokoyari Mengo (the artist) is related to Harumi Chihiro in some way? Like previous assistance or the likes.
The drawings kind of giving a same vibe (expression, style, etc). Hopefully it's not just me who feel the same way.

I tried searching goggles bu no hit in whether they are related or not.
Haha, I couldn't agree more. Looking forward to it.

V
V
I think they´ll fuck up a lot of the teachers life
oh hoh this is interesting
ntr tag ?
@孤独satellite
Why is it weird to call your brother brother?

Spoiler
There's gonna be a hell lotta of drama here. Like it anyway.
Feezy: different philosophies towards translations/translating. I, for example, strongly dislike seeing Japanese words in English text unless it's proper nouns, concepts that are particular to Japan (samurai, ninja, daimyo, bushido, etc.), or otherwise can't be translated without using very awkward phrasing--the term "baka" does not fall under any of these categories, especially when you could simply use "moron" or "idiot" in its place.
A lot of drama in the future, but we all know they will end up together. Will still follow to see how far they go to "comfort" each other haha.
fuck the pain away~
Oh hell, you can tell there is going to be so much drama in this series...
I only read 17 pages of this release.....and I know where this is going, not Interested.
how is her saying "baka" weird? who doesn't know what that means? We ARE reading manga...and some common words being left in japanese has more effect/impact when reading...

any-ways, the ending is prob. going to be the 2 MCs ending up with each other after some self-realization crap...but followed nonetheless

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics