Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 378votes)

Ore Monogatari!!

Alt Names: alt 俺物語!!alt Benim Hikayem!!alt Mi historia!!alt My Love Story!!
Author: Kawahara Kazune
Artist: Aruko
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Takeo Gouda is a freshman in high school. (Both estimates) Weight: 120kg, Height: 2 meters. He spends his days peacefully with his super-popular-with-girls, yet insensitive childhood friend, Makoto Sunakawa. One morning, on the train to school, Takeo saves a girl, Rinko Yamato, from being molested by a pervert. Could this be the beginning of spring for Takeo?

From Viz Media:
Takeo Gouda is a giant guy with a giant heart. Too bad the girls don't want him! (They want his good-looking best friend, Sunakawa.) Used to being on the sidelines, Takeo simply stands tall and accepts his fate. But one day when he saves a girl named Yamato from a harasser on the train, his (love) life suddenly takes an incredible turn!
Go to Ore Monogatari!! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

453 Comments

Even though there's only one chapter out right now, I can't help rereading it over and over again. This manga totally deserves the 37th Kodansha Awards for Shoujo Manga!! WOOO CONGRATS!!

Spoiler

This is the BEST Male non-MC I have ever seen, BEST friend ever of any MC in a story (not just manga), and better than 99.99 of males in Manga. Of ANY genre. (Btw, the 0.01% is Sakamoto.)

Disagree. Go on, I dare you.

I really thought i would t like Suna but man he's really a bro. The MC is also a refreshing change. No drama love triangle bullshit. Just 2 best friends who always got each others back and a cute girl. This really set's the standard for Shoujo now.
Didn't like Suna at the start.

He's the blue demon bro now though.
This is... a lot of fun, and I really like the characters, too.
ah man, this is good for a laugh
Why... why is this only tagged as Shoujo? Takeo and Suna is another example of men among men!
There you go, without all the useless melodrama shoujo is just as good as seinen or shounen.
Maybe someone'll come along that Suna actually gets interested in.
So...is volume two going to involve new characters with a new love story or will Takeo stay as the MC?
And now lets start volume 2 ..yes this manga is still going in Japan :D
I am sure I speak on behalf of everyone who was in the same situation as the MC when I say
Spoiler

It's nice for the MC to get the girl that easily once in awhile without the twisting complications or not having rivals appearing like crazy.
WTF? This isn't finished yet?
This is an excellent mix of comedy and heartwarming. Definitely not standard shoujo.
Also, for a similar tale involving friendship of the ultimate level, check outTomodachi no Hanashi by the same author.
Dammit, I have tears in my eyes. Suna is such a cool guy. I was actually thinking that Suna never dated those girls because they would badmouth his friend, and I was right!

My God, never before in manga that I've seen a friendship with such depth.

I...

I am placing Suna at the top of the ultimate bro, alongside the one and only Kamina. I see no other place for him.
Takeo's such an interesting MC, and he's so striking he takes over the page. You almost don't notice that actually, the girl is very cute.
Man, this manga could end here and I'd be satisfied (thankfully it doesn't).

Also, Suna confirmed for broest of bros.
Interesting and finally something different in a longtime.
it is a sort of ultimate male fantasy.
Good I want more ..also that morone is dense as hell~~
This is good i´ll follow it, but if it turns in a triangle it'll be unfollow
Oh noes...seems the updates has stopped :(
Having finished volume 1, I can say this shoujo has PROGRESS. Main couple is refreshingly sweet.
Wow...another shoujo I'm actually following!? This is the third! What witchcraft is this!?

Anyway, I agree with Lowlightt on this. What we got here is NOT a dense MC but a self-deprecating one. The difference is that a dense MC is usually too stupid to realize the girl's signals just because he's...well...too stupid. This kind of MC has been hurt so many times, as had every girl he's liked fall for his friend instead (and get rejected too) that he no longer realizes that it is actually possible for a girl to like him and not his friend.

My guess for the future is that the MC's friend will end up falling for her...which will further complicate things.
That was a cute read. ^_^ +100 for having a good main character.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics