Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 110votes)

Pastel

Alt Names: alt 纯爱涂鸦alt Pastellalt Pasuteru
Author: Kobayashi Toshihiko
Artist: Kobayashi Toshihiko
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Poor Mugi Tadano! Heartbroken after his girlfriend moves away, he takes a summer job at his friend Kazuki's beachside snack bar/hotel on a tropical island. It seems like the perfect plan - until he meets Yuu, who might just be the cutest person that Mugi has ever seen.
Go to Pastel Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Any Chance of New Chapters? New Window Juan Gutierrez
  • 4 Replies
Topic Chapter 103!?!? (spoiler) New Window Daktyl
  • 0 Replies

164 Comments

It's not the mangkaa's fault in this case. The cleaner must have been on speed or something, and leveled way too much. I buy the japanese volumes as I use them for practise for learning japanese, so I can compare. Try finding the raws yourself and see the difference!

One thing I am wondering now about is why the art quality changed at some point so drastically, the new chapter gave me the feeling of an amateur drawing the manga if you consider how good the art was at some point.

I have completely forgotten about this manga until the new chapter came out. Barely can remember anything of what happened in it. One thing I am wondering now about is why the art quality changed at some point so drastically, the new chapter gave me the feeling of an amateur drawing the manga if you consider how good the art was at some point.

The most offputting part about reading it now is though that I'd have to reread it and can't really get myself to do that. At some point I might reread it once a lot of new chapters are released since I still remembered that I at least enjoyed the manga called "Pastel". (even though I have really no idea what happened in the earlier chapters xD)

I haven´t read this in so long that I no longer remember who is who, and what are the relationships between the characters...which kinda sucks because it means I´ll have to re-read it again 

AN UPDATE!!!! Thank you Jesus!.

To me that is the beauty of Pastel it is like a well used blanket always there but not fancy

I could read hundreds of more chapters and be satisfied with every one

i respect all opinions, and of course i will be in the minorities because usually people write in the manga sections they like, but this stopped being a story a long ago.

First off, if you write something, be sure you have something to say. Pastel stopped having anything to say a loooong ago, or, to give a little credit, what it says is sooo thin and soft and light that fails to many eyes. I kind of perceive it but it tires my eyes to search this hard.

In order to have a story you need a plot. A whatsoever plot. Pastel has no plot, it only has a sequence of cute faces. Sure the artist can draw cute faces, i love his cute girl faces, but this is no illustrarion book, this is a manga.

I am 38, i read manga by a looong time, and to be honest this "nothing happens from a chapter to another but people read on anyways so why bother thinking of a story" is something i have found only recently. 

I also have a slice of life kind of life. Today i woke up, my wife made me coffee, i walked my son to kindergarten, then i bought eggs milk and some meat for dinner; now while im pausing from working im arguing on the internets. Wow, this is just slice of life, now i just need to learn how to draw cute faces and im game to be a mangaka. 

I am sad because i totally like his art, all hed need is a writer that puts up some meat onto these naked bones. Or else, he might just surrender to evidence and call quits on this particular no plot story, and move along with his cute faces onto some other project. 

To me, and many others, Pastel is the paragon of the "manga that had to stop long ago because of a lack of plot" which we measure up other mangas with.

oh wow its still not finished xD started reading this @ onemanga and stopped a few chapters after mugi confessed. til now it still hasnt ended lol

Translation and QC could be better though...

Joji = George

mansjon = appartment building

harunoke = haruno family

Some sentences are completely changed, Tsukasa and Pepper don't go to school, so how could they skip classes?

and so on...

Am I dreaming? really an update?

YES!! THANK YOU SOUL SCANS

chap 129 is vol. 27 (2011.12) so now in japan vol. 39 is out. pleeeeeeeeease someone pick it up !

Can someone please, PLEASE, pickup where NS Scans left off. PLEASE!!??

please update, i really like this ^^

for all those who wan read this from chapter one dont coz its jump from chapter 40 to 93 and make like wtf happened?

@Tio Alexander yeah lucky to be a wimp >.>, äh I mean lucky for having that much self-control.
Noobiesnack we miss you !!

Delrey Manga (Ballantine books) published Pastel until vol.14, but then they stop due to low sales.
where are chapters 40+?
it worries me that I understood all the Japanese words, even though I am not one....
Mugi is luckiest main character in harem & slice of life manga.

Why? Because he have :
  • Good personality
  • Peaceful life
  • Cool retro house
  • Neighborhood with beautiful scene
  • Cool dad (his dad like kamen rider)
  • Excellent skill of cooking & household
  • Kawaii kanojo (and No.1 idol at school)
  • Funny Best Friend
  • Busty step-mother (at home) or busty teacher (at school)
  • Kawaii osananajimi
  • Sexy idol onee-chan
  • Pettanko onee-chan
  • Tensai imouto (or imouto-in-law)
  • Dojikko moto-kanojo
  • Kuudere ojou-sama (and No.2 idol at school)
  • Nisemono imouto (and idol)
  • Ero-kawaii classmate
  • Kawaii co-workers (at Hana restaurant)
  • Meganeko Otaku Kouhai
  • Bishoujo Senpai (moto-setokaicho)
  • etc..
This manga is recommended by me! It's very good manga!
Has anyone else had enough of the stupid "penalty games" B.S.? I want to see more relationship development between Mugi and Yuu!
Mugi's facial expressions are the best ever. They're all hilarious.
You monster. Why would deprive a young man so?
i get the feeling that the day when yuu and mugi finally do it will be the day that this manga ends. though if that was the case, id prefer it for mugi to stay a virgin forever ;P
Thank you Rand, you convinced me to give this a try.
this is the best shonen romance anyone will ever make
yes, it stopped any form of progression years ago. no, it doesn't matter. it is the chillest manga because it knew where to put itself in relationship stasis to best extend the adorable fluffy wonderful snugglefest forever and ever and ever

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics