Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.87 - 105votes)

Okujouhime

Alt Names: alt 屋上姫alt 屋上姬alt Okujou Himealt Okujou-Himealt Rooftop Princess
Author: Tobi
Artist: Tobi
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: On his first day of high school, Mayuzumi has a fateful encounter with the President of the Student Council - nicknamed "The Rooftop Princess," a girl who manages to spark his interest the second he sees her. This meeting leads to a series of events which turn Mayu's life completely upside down.
Go to Okujouhime Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

120 Comments

This manga is shounen because the romance described isn't supposed to be mature or realistic. It has a "perfect beauty" readily engaging in a relationship with a completely unremarkable guy. The classic shounen scenario, topped with an osananajimi love triangle.
The characters seem to have "complex" personalities, but no realistic aspect of a relationship has been described after 9 chapters. It's easy to mistake it for some borderline seinen, but a shoujo manga would never describe the male protagonist as someone plain and unremarkable. It's either "cool and antisocial" or "cute/nice and popular".
TheRater, I think people really exaggerate the difference between art in the genres (well, not really genres, more marketing categories, but you know what I mean), except maybe josei which tends to have a more small-eyed, realistic look. Maybe I'm just not an art connoisseur.
I find it hard to think of schoolkid romances as being like seinen. Is not seinen the guy equivalent of josei, in theory? Sure, it tends not to be as obviously adult-pitched, but still, I don't expect seinen to centre around having lunch on the school rooftop etc.
But compared to most shounen, this manga strikes me as more involved in the romantic feelings and, frankly, a lot less in the comic/sexy mishaps with panty shots, nosebleeds, accidental gropings, misunderstandings that make the guy seem like a total hentai and so on. The developing triangle (square if you count older brother) is not operating like a shounen harem, but more like the kind of romantic tension you see all the time in shoujo romance. People are much less in denial about their feelings than is typical in shounen. Shounen, even shounen centring around romance, tend to keep the feelings talk to a minimum.
To me the way the romance is being done is much more typical in tone for a shoujo. A good shoujo. I'm not saying you're one of them, but there are some people with a chip on their shoulder about shoujo, who think any reference to it means something is fluffy and pointless; those people are going to miss my point because they don't know what shoujo is actually like. I think it's actually a good thing to be bringing some positive elements from shoujo into stuff marketed for boys rather than always assuming boys won't read anything that doesn't treat them like emotional cripples.
Well i dont care if its shoujo or shounen. If its good then its good, or otherwise. Why cant shoujo and shounen blend in one in the first place?
Thanks Ayreos now i know not to read this cus im sure it will annoy me :P
i dunno what ur talking about purple, its not stylized like a shoujo at all. The art is more akin to Seinen manga, the storyline is from the overall male perspective, though reserved. the romance factor is not rooted as emotionally a in most shoujo, it is more from a well thought out romance type. i have to say this feels a lot more like a seinen than a shoujo.
It's really styled like a shoujo that for some reason happens to have a male protagonist. Not that there's anything wrong with that--I read plenty of shoujo.
this are the kind of mangas that ends with just 20 - 30 chapters...it's so dramatic...haha
It's a classic manga situation (thought usually seen in shoujo). She's misunderstanding the admiration for her brother for romantic love and the pressure from being "perfect" in everyone's eyes (lack of normal relationships) doesn't let her realize it. The protagonist's pure feelings will probably make her figure it out eventually...

It's still true she either dated him to figure out whether she could love someone else other than her brother or because she wanted to do something "normal" for her age, which means she's using his pure feelings for her selfish purposes.
@waffle
I dont think like that. I think Kasugami senpai try to be "normal", in short try to overcome her love for her brother.

Okujyouhime isn't wincest manga and the author seems not swing that way either, Kasugami knows very well about her secret forbidden love, that's why she date Mayu in hope to became normal and found new love.

This may sound offensive, but this often happen with someone with unusual sexual desire (gay or lesbian). They knew its not normal and they tried to press that desire with marrying someone and built a normal family. Sometimes it works and sometimes its not.
so shes just using him as an outlet for her frustration because she can't do her brother? disgusting. Go die.
It's not bad, but dependant on how the plot goes it could either be great or absolutely crap, well i'll be happy as long as it doesn't stray too far into the realms of NTR.
Hi ya'll (especially you Congo), feel free to upload the latest chapter when it's out, I don't always have the time, but I'll try to do so when I can (I'm proofreading the next few chapters) since I don't have to follow the upload rules ^_^
We at Extras have our hands full at the moment, but fret not, more is coming soon!
Here it comes, the development of chapter 5, now everything is clear~
Chapter 5 isnt loading for me for some reason
is chapter 4 complete? It looks as it's missing a page or two to me.
@KidCongo: It's ok, you should idle on our IRC since I think you're one of our main uploaders @ Batoto. :)

To our readers: Chapter 4 isn't far away :)
I can't really say anything until i see the first proper development, but the author is definitely trying an original way to introduce the plot.
Usually manga make the setting clear from chapter 1 and focus on developments, while here we don't really even knows what's up with the female protagonist after three chapters.
It's a pretty engrossing effect, but i really wonder if the author will be able to keep that up for the whole series.
this series is seriously has a deep plot.. :mellow:
To TheGodfather and Zyki : forgive KidCongo because he made my day with his upload.
Anyway, this series gives different vibe than usual romance shounen I've read. I like and really curious with the end, something that I can't predict from this series. Love it.
To TheGodfather and Zyki: I'm sorry, I lack patience and just couldn't resist.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics