Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.87 - 105votes)

Okujouhime

Alt Names: alt 屋上姫alt 屋上姬alt Okujou Himealt Okujou-Himealt Rooftop Princess
Author: Tobi
Artist: Tobi
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: On his first day of high school, Mayuzumi has a fateful encounter with the President of the Student Council - nicknamed "The Rooftop Princess," a girl who manages to spark his interest the second he sees her. This meeting leads to a series of events which turn Mayu's life completely upside down.
Go to Okujouhime Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

120 Comments

Whoops. Probably should have put spoiler tags on that--wasn't thinking.
Yeah, but you know, I'm less sympathetic to Yuiko-chan than I thought I would be. I mean, so she's loved the guy all this time . . . and? What did she do about it? Nothing. So how much complaint does she have coming? Isn't "never show yourself in front of us again!" a bit over the top given how little she knows about what's going on, and how little she's ever done to make herself a factor?
Was waiting for her to get slapped.
Ah, manga that brings emotion :3
Control my fist..
Do we know for sure that the older guy is her brother? Is that conveyed by the use of "Nii-sama?" If it's her brother, then the most realistic outcome would be that in the end she'll get over it. Though in manga there are sometimes brother-sister love affairs, I don't think many of the Japanese readers ever encounter one, or expect to, in real life.

There are a lot of ways this story can go from here--some of them likely to be gut-wrenching for some or all of these characters. It is a very shoujo-like manga. It promises lots of agonizing about love, and that's the staple of shoujo.
ok, now I oficially hate her
I feel like slapping a psychological tag rather than romance -_-
I don't feel the loveeeee
every relationship right now is really really messed up..
That girl has a lot of baggage. A lot. I wish the main character good luck. Dealing with them is the hardest but at the same time, if you're perfectly compatible with said girl and overcome her trauma, your relationship with her will become rock solid.
Chapter 14 for some reason is appearing between ch 1 and 2
@grandking3 ... You're going "home"?? Where are you right now?? LOL
@grandking3 ... You're going "home"?? Where are you right now?? LOL
Somehow it seems to me that the drawings of Yuiko suddenly got better(more detailed or smth),than they were before. I assume that mangaka intentionally made her look like a "furniture" at the beginning,so that readers do not pay her much attention.
she that her brother didn't look at her so i presume he just look at her as a little sister? no incest?
Fuck this manga and it's brother complex and it's herbevore boys i'm tired of this dull drama shit i'm going home.
Yuiko ; m ;
Yuiko ; m ;
This story has some unnecessary drama... Well, the only thing that annoys me right now is the 'i can't love my bro; life is meaningless mimimi' from the girl.
But I'm interested on this manga.
Spoiler
Whooo boy, that's a whole lot of angst.
another rage manga for me :D
yay updates~

anyway, I think both Okujyouhime and Love Allergen is a shonen, if not a seinen, but its unlikely a shoujo.

the way the story told is really far from shoujo that targeted for younger female readers, but also a bit mature for shounen (not in case with Love allergen though).

I also read lots of shoujo back from 90-ties era until now, but I dont find any shoujo elements both in okujyouhime and love allergen.

people often think that romance story as shoujo, seeing lack of mature romance development as main story in most shonen, while its not that rare in seinen.

they should change the view about romance in shounen that only involved groping, panty shot, and other ecchi things. most of shonen indeed like that, but that's not all of them.
Lol who started the shoujo/shounen debate craze like in Love Allergen?
Thanks for uploading it for me. I completely forgot to do it myself.
man purple you sure did give me a lot to read. there are many seinen that revolve around high schoolers and their everyday lives. The subject matter is not the determinant, it is the lense in which the story is told. The Girl Who Leaped Through Time for example is about a high school girl, but the themes and underlying messages requires an older audience to really appreciate, though i have no doubt younger audiences can grasp most mature concepts i do doubt they really relate to them.

As for the romance focus with not much ecchi, there are many shounen like that. first we have G.E. Good Ending that gets pretty involved in feelings that its rather too slow to my tastes, then theres Tora Dora which gets very involved and even a little philosophical. Theres Canvas 2, but i really think that one is mos def akin to seinen, but point is that it focusses around the idea of romance rather than the lust part of romance

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics