Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 43votes)

Full Ahead! Coco

Alt Names: alt フルアヘッドココalt Full Ahead Coco
Author: Yonehara Hideyuki
Artist: Yonehara Hideyuki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Coco Felkena is an orphan whose ambition is to become a pirate. So, when he happens to get invited to join the crew of his role model, Crazy Barts, he can't help being surprised! As he embarks on a world-spanning adventure alongside Barts and the rest of the misfit crew of the Sweet Madonna, he learns of an old pirate legend about a forgotten civilization and its treasures, as well as his mysterious connection to it all. In this tale of adventure, family, and destiny, Coco faces the greatest question of his life: What kind of man will he become?

Special Volume - http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/full-ahead-coco-bangai-hen-r20368
Go to Full Ahead! Coco Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic thanks a lot! New Window Daygo81
  • 1 Replies
Topic Fan Art WANTED! New Window MinoSpelgud
  • 0 Replies
Topic The Lancott Arc [Spoilers!] New Window VigorousJammer
  • 0 Replies

249 Comments

Thanks for update. Looks like Rogue was third one on that photo that Nose found early in manga.

Well, caught up to ongoing... Now, that was a fun reading. Somehow it gives a vibe of old rpg at beginning, something like FF 1-3, don't know why. Plot with animals/weapons wasn't all that great at start of it, but now it's pretty intresting.

Surprised that here up to 113 wasn't that many shonen battles 1x1, only Barts vs Kamar(l)a and Coco vs Void Mercenary and both didn't get too dragged. 

Now that, 113th chapter really dropped bomb in plot.
Caffel is NOT oldblood, for child to me oldblood BOTH parents must be of oldblood, and his mother is not, unlike Coco's mother who was oldblood.

Anyway, Golden Roze - thanks for translation of this gem! Keep it up guys!

Holy crap. Translator here. Honestly, I've never thought of it that way! I've finished the story and you mentioning that Cafell is not an Oldblood because both parents have to be Oldblood makes so much sense! I do think that is the case. It makes later events a lot clearer.

Anyways, thank you for picking up this series! We hope you continue to read and comment!

Well, caught up to ongoing... Now, that was a fun reading. Somehow it gives a vibe of old rpg at beginning, something like FF 1-3, don't know why. Plot with animals/weapons wasn't all that great at start of it, but now it's pretty intresting.

Surprised that here up to 113 wasn't that many shonen battles 1x1, only Barts vs Kamar(l)a and Coco vs Void Mercenary and both didn't get too dragged. 

Now that, 113th chapter really dropped bomb in plot.

Well he did had relatives on that island alright, alive ones... that's why you should use condoms people, so once you get the opportunity you can blow up a whole island.

I guess this makes Caffel an old blood now, also brother's with Coco... and oh boy this got all messy, i guess now we can get some clues as to why captain Spard dislikes Coco so much.

Caffel is NOT oldblood, for child to be oldblood BOTH parents must be of oldblood, and his mother is not, unlike Coco's mother who was oldblood.

Anyway, Golden Roze - thanks for translation of this gem! Keep it up guys!

the fuck is with this plot twist? was it written by Gori-san or what?

I don't know, but there's a little tomb on that mountain. Maybe some lost child? If that's the case, maybe he will not order fire in respect of his dead relative/s.

Well he did had relatives on that island alright, alive ones... that's why you should use condoms people, so once you get the opportunity you can blow up a whole island.

I guess this makes Caffel an old blood now, also brother's with Coco... and oh boy this got all messy, i guess now we can get some clues as to why captain Spard dislikes Coco so much.

Well, that escalated quickly...

Well, that was unexpected.

Other than plot armor why would anyone NOTmake it rain with lasers?

I don't know, but there's a little tomb on that mountain. Maybe some lost child? If that's the case, maybe he will not order fire in respect of his dead relative/s.

Other than plot armor why would anyone NOTmake it rain with lasers?

man, Dead's pretty reliable huh

Caffel should throw the bat at coco.

He's ALIVE?!

In any other shonen they would have gotten away with it, but not here, in here the kids got their ass kicked, like it should. And now i am worried will we end with peglegs pirates?

For anybody who's interested, I just compiled a list of serialization dates for all of the chapters: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-eFdwMYgvFr5hIzSBS4_MYwvkTsvBpTBVboHiZbA2xY

Links to my sources are at the bottom of the page.
This is really useful information for people looking to read the series in order of release, as the chapters published in "Full Ahead! Coco Bangaihen" (a.k.a. Volume Zero) were all serialized in-between various chapters during the series' run in Shuukan Shonen Champion.
This is also good for anybody who's just curious... or, for anybody wants to make a Full Ahead! Coco wiki, I've done some of the legwork for you here, hehe. :P
Anyway, Hope you guys enjoy this, I'll have another chapter for you on Monday. ^_^

This is far better than I expected it to be. Thanks for the tranlations

Yeah, sure Captain Graff does have a motherly side to him... XD, oh man i wonder if the author was salty when he find out that the 3rd most popular character was the guy he was screwing over all the time.

Captain Graff is the best. He should've gotten Number 1!

Yeah, sure Captain Graff does have a motherly side to him... XD, oh man i wonder if the author was salty when he find out that the 3rd most popular character was the guy he was screwing over all the time.

The prequel was a single volume of the beginning of Barts' journey, each chapter showing how he met a different crewmate. We are slowly releasing it on the side, but it's coming. I think ultimately, VigorousJammer wanted to release it as close to the actual publishing date relative to the main series. As you can see above, we've released 2 chapters so far. 0.1 and 0.5.

The sequel, Sunset Rose, is something I plan to tackle after we finish Full Ahead Coco. It'd be weird to release a sequel until the first series is done, since the very first chapter of Sunset Rose tells you how Coco ended. And the story so far deals with what happened to the world after the climax of Full Ahead Coco.

We have big plans, but if people are interested in helping speed releases up even more - currently the team is averaging 2 chapters a week, which is very respectable - we are in desperate need of cleaners. If you have any experience cleaning manga, we would welcome ANY help.

Otherwise, thank you for reading and keep posting support and comments! It helps motivate us to work faster. =X

oh. THOSE prequel chapters. i thought you mean there is another prequel series lolz =p

The prequel was a single volume of the beginning of Barts' journey, each chapter showing how he met a different crewmate. We are slowly releasing it on the side, but it's coming. I think ultimately, VigorousJammer wanted to release it as close to the actual publishing date relative to the main series. As you can see above, we've released 2 chapters so far. 0.1 and 0.5.

The sequel, Sunset Rose, is something I plan to tackle after we finish Full Ahead Coco. It'd be weird to release a sequel until the first series is done, since the very first chapter of Sunset Rose tells you how Coco ended. And the story so far deals with what happened to the world after the climax of Full Ahead Coco.

We have big plans, but if people are interested in helping speed releases up even more - currently the team is averaging 2 chapters a week, which is very respectable - we are in desperate need of cleaners. If you have any experience cleaning manga, we would welcome ANY help.

Otherwise, thank you for reading and keep posting support and comments! It helps motivate us to work faster. =X

2 chapters a week is not respectable, is incredible!!!

You guys doing great work, regular releases is itself hard work and you doing it 2 time in a week, great job, keep it up guys!

It's called Sunset Rose. It's fairly recent, actually. The author started it in 2012, a full 10 years after Coco had ended. It's still ongoing, actually, with the 16th volume scheduled to be released in August.
It appears to not be a direct sequel, as it features an entirely new main cast... but it does take place in the same world, and the translator for Coco tells me they do reference events that happened in Coco.

checked, it's not on Batoto. no one picked it yet?

And a prequel too, you know...

what prequel?

wait...what sequel?

It's called Sunset Rose. It's fairly recent, actually. The author started it in 2012, a full 10 years after Coco had ended. It's still ongoing, actually, with the 16th volume scheduled to be released in August.
It appears to not be a direct sequel, as it features an entirely new main cast... but it does take place in the same world, and the translator for Coco tells me they do reference events that happened in Coco.

wait...what sequel?

And a prequel too, you know...

Nah, i'm not comparing it to One Piece, although it's similar in many ways. It's unpopular when compared to thousands of other manga. 11 volumes isn't much, MxO had 10 and was axed. Especially when this show wasn't serialized in popular magazine..

Edit: Full Ahead! Coco has more chapters and a sequel so it's not that bad.

wait...what sequel?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics