Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 93votes)

Giant Killing

Alt Names: alt ジャイアントキリングalt 逆转监督
Author: Tsunamoto Masaya
Artist: Tsujitomo
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedySeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In Giant Killing a ragtag bunch from East Tokyo are struggling in Japan's top football league. The team is going through an abysmal spell right now where they are nearing the bottom of the table and have lost 5 matches in a row. The losses haven't done much to team morale, because it was already low. Fan support, on the other hand, is looking bleak. In the world of football, once the fans turn on a team the end is near. Teams don't recover. Coaches are fired, players are sold, and teams drop to lower divisions where profits often prevent them from ever being successful against even mediocre top division teams. East Tokyo United, ETU, can only blame their coach right now. And Coach is ready to give up this next game to prove to his team and fans, that against the biggest club in the nation he can make this team win.

In 2010, this manga received the 34th Annual Kodansha Manga Award for General Manga.
Go to Giant Killing Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 4 Replies

177 Comments

Thanks a lot S2Scans!!!
I really like how this is not your generic sports shonen manga, where they have named special moves, which are of course upgraded (or they develop new ones) whenever they hit a wall (aka: stronger opposition). Really great to find a manga that is not full of this superhero-BS, but actually deserves the tag "sports". TY very much for scanlating and keep up the good work.
Loving the new chapter. Hope the next chapter is just around the corner.
Thanks for the great new chapter S2Scans!!
Just ninth place? Looks like it's a steep climb to the top.
A great new chapter, thanks a lot S2Scans!!!
Thanks s2scans for the newest translated chapter. That was a great match between ETU and the holding champions, Tokyo Victory.

Spoiler
finally!
now i can read 38 chapters in one go, if i counted right
thanks for the new chapter S2Scans!
chapter 80-83 where?
this is BY FAR the best football (yeah, football, not soccer! xD) manga I've ever read, it's a shame that the anime ended when there's more to tell in the manga...
chapters 84-89 have already been scanlated by S2S Scans
There were covered by the anime, but s2scans is slowly scanlating them =)
where are the chapters from 78 to 89?
And Muda Scantrad!
S2Scans!
Ardneh!
Y'all're great!
This manga is the best! Simply marvelous -- awesome plot, characters, dialogue, and art~
Thanks to Chibisuke-Scans!
You don't miss anything really if you watch from ep24 onwards ^^
In the anime, ep 23 seems to cover the latest chapters of vol8 in the manga, only the last few minutes are more then that chapter.
I'd difficulty to get into it, and now I am the chapters are missing... will pouting help? ^^
The art is really good. Unfortunately I'm not into football.
@Expers they use both terms. The national team is commonly referred to as サッカー日本代表 Soccer Nippon Daihyo, but the official association is the Japan Football Association
I may be a bit wrong. However the descriptions accuracy I call into question as the Japanese call it Soccer...
good manga.... great that someone is taking effort to translate all the chapters. Thanks a lot
They didn't do those chapters since it's covered by the anime but i think they are doing it now
no there is a problem as no one has scanned them but i think there i someone doing it now or i would have uploaded them yet

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics