Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 31votes)

Ja Ja Uma Grooming★UP!

Alt Names: alt じゃじゃ馬グルーミン★UP!alt Grooming UPalt Ja Ja Uma Grooming UP!alt Jaja Uma Grooming Up
Author: Yuuki Masami
Artist: Yuuki Masami
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kuze Shunpei, a high-school student, is on spring break going to Hokkaidou when he loses his wallet. Stranded in the mountains with no money and his motorcycle having run out of gas, he passes out in the snow on the side of the road. When he wakes up he finds that he's been saved and brought to the Watarai farm, a horse ranch that breeds race horses. There he meets a host of various people, ranging from stable hands to the owner and his family (which includes four daughters).
Go to Ja Ja Uma Grooming★UP! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

46 Comments

Gotta admit Shunpei's dad has a point.

This is such a great manga! I wish more people appreciated it. Keep up the good translation work!

As more releases are coming soon it should be able to get more attention and therefore more follows. This is a really great story and the art while it has an 'older' feel has a great style to it.

@Jzar:Thanks for the input. My primary concern in typesetting is readability rather than aesthetic.
The thing I dislike about chapter 30's font is the I - it looks similar to the T.

-- edit --

To clarify, I just wanted to state the reason for switching to another font; I have no attachment to either font.

I've posted crude translations for the first 3 pages of chapter 33 in a wikia.
It has the kanji as well for peer translator to verify.
Any help for more precise translation, structure & grammar check, smoother narration, etc will be greatly appreciated.

I think I'll postpone chapter 28 revision until there are more things to fix
seems like deleting and uploading v2, v3 etc is the only way to go
it makes no sense to keep updating with minor changes.

I'm grateful that you've offered to help - maybe we can discuss further privately. 
The font in chpt 30 was better, type I use anime ace for all the

anyone know how to revise uploaded chapter? ( i don't want to create v2, v3, etc if possible planning to revise chapter 28 because 1 the last 3 pages of chapter 27 actually belong to chapter 28 2 change COLT to STALLION in the note page 3 page 138 (3+3) top-left panel, Hizume's sentence from BECAUSE to HEAR THAT (reminding Shunpei not to faint again)   do you prefer additional notes within or as separate note page? do you prefer the font in chapter 31 or in earlier chapters?
The font in chpt 30 was better. The font I use as a redrawer is Anime Ace, if that helps. If you want some help with the cleanup let me know, I've done alot of that kind of work. Notes within are good but if they are long notes then add a page.
anyone know how to revise uploaded chapter? ( i don't want to create v2, v3, etc if possible
planning to revise chapter 28 because
1 the last 3 pages of chapter 27 actually belong to chapter 28
2 change COLT to STALLION in the note page
3 page 138 (3+3) top-left panel, Hizume's sentence from BECAUSE to HEAR THAT (reminding Shunpei not to faint again)

do you prefer additional notes within or as separate note page?
do you prefer the font in chapter 31 or in earlier chapters?

Thanks a lot GangBunTu. I really wanted to read the rest. You are a savior!

This is such a great manga! I wish more people appreciated it. Keep up the good translation work!

Thanks for the updates and keep up the appreciated hard work.

Instant follow, I've not read'em yet....but ...this looks so good.

thx gangbuntu for this chapt, this is truly a gem.

This is great.

I read it in a hour or so but it was refreshing, it got me grinning and giggling. It's a refreshing manga, like the air your breath on the mountains, it fills you up.

In Indonesia. But, now only history, while i go to Jakarta to my first work, my mom throw all my manga collection that strored under my bed. The reason is some of those mangas are hentai XD. I just figure it out a year later. What a lame XD.

Lesson : Never make your mom cleaning your room XD

Finally, some update. Even though I already bought all series, still, e manga still the best. XD

And they are in what language?

Mine in Indonesian - with inferior quality (of translation).
Indonesian title for ch 28 is "Summer Without Wind" while based on this, 風立ちぬ should either be "The Win has Risen" or "The Wind Rises".

The RAW from rawcs.net are blurry - i can't see the furigana. Yet I'm forced to consult the raw whenever I find questionable translations.

Rough translation for chapter 28. Any input for improvement will be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

Finally, some update. Even though I already bought all series, still, e manga still the best. XD

haha thx GangBunTu

its been so long since ive waited for tht series.. this makes me vewy vewy happy :')

An update... Is this real life?

I tried to do chapter 26 here
Batoto should allow blank group / perform validation -- failed to upload twice due to this.

i read this a couple of years ago with no update in scanlation since. rather sad, hope someone picks this up.

Yeah, this is quite nice. It seems like the mangaka learned a fair amount about the setting stuff, it has a realistic feel. The comedy is low-key but good, the pace isn't fast but it sort of rolls along with a slice-of-life feel, never boring. The romance part is understated so it doesn't need a lot of annoying cliches to keep it going. The characterization is pretty good--very "show don't tell".
Gotta say, I enjoyed this very much!
good manga...read it years ago...and Tetsuwan Birdy is even better...

highly underrated mangaka, same as Fujita Kazuhiro

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics