Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 18votes)

Umimachi Diary

Alt Names: alt 바닷마을 다이어리alt Sea Town Diaryalt Umi Machi Diaryalt Umi Machi Diary 1 Semishigure noalt Umi Machi Diary 2 Mahiru no Tsukialt Umimachi Diary IX: Dareka to Miageru Hanabialt Yamugoroalt 海街diary
Author: Yoshida Akimi
Artist: Yoshida Akimi
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A letter comes to the three Kohda sisters in Kamakura, bringing the news of their father's death. A father they hadn't seen since he divorced and left home 15 years ago. Despite feeling indifferent about their father, Yoshino, the middle of the three, and Chika, the youngest, go to Yamagata to attend his funeral on oldest sister Sachi's request. There, they meet Suzu, their young and reliable half sister.

Umimachi Diary won the Excellence Prize for manga at the 2007 Japan Media Arts Festival Awards. It was also nominated for the 1st Manga Taisho, where it came in 3rd place, for the 12th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize, where it came in 2nd place, and for the 13th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize.

Winner of the 2013 Manga Taisho Award.
Go to Umimachi Diary Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

7 Comments

Please someone pick up this manga. I really want to read the rest pf the story.
Movie next year!!!

OMG! I read this before but have forgotten its name.. Thank God I came across it again. *cheers :D

This is good... But it hasn't been updated for a while now. Have the scanlators stopped working on it?

Congrats to the author for this manga getting 1st place for the 2013 Manga Award

After reading this manga...

Well, it's SoL manga with a lot of drama conflict. Actually I don't really like drama because it's boring. But it still 2 chapters, maybe there's many interesting plot later.
"Umimachi Diary won the Excellence Prize for manga at the 2007 Japan Media Arts Festival Awards. It was also nominated for the 1st Manga Taisho, where it came in 3rd place, for the 12th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize, where it came in 2nd place, and for the 13th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize."

Subarasii! This must be a great manga! I'll give a try.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics