Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 24votes)

GIRLS und PANZER - Little Army

Alt Names: alt ガールズ&パンツァー リトルアーミーalt Girls & Panzer - Little Armyalt Girls and Panzer - Little Army
Author: Girls Und Panzer Seisaku Iinkai
Artist: Tsuchii
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedySchool Life School LifeSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In the world, the manipulation of tanks (Sensha-do) is one of the traditional martial arts especially for girls. Miho doesn't like Sensha-do and moves to Oarai Girl's High School. But the chairperson of the student council orders Miho to participate in the national Sensha-do championship.

> Part of the GIRLS und PANZER series
( http://bato.to/search?name=GIRLS%20und%20PANZER&name_cond=c&genres=;e9&genre_cond=and )
Go to GIRLS und PANZER - Little Army Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

26 Comments

Sure, it's not something that will leave a lasting impression like Fate/Zero

Of all of the fate series, /Zero was the one. The reason wasn't the story, it was more like the music.
I even tried making a cover of one of the ED songs.

I find it kind of sad when all a manga needs to get people interested are some "cute girls".

To be fair to Girls und Panzer, this show actually tries (and succeeds) to be more than just cute girls doing cute things. Sure, it's not something that will leave a lasting impression like Fate/Zero, but it's still pretty good for what it is.

And this is coming from someone who absolutely hates K-On and what it brought to the industry.

Oh god, that last chapter, senshakraft izu tanoshii dearimasudesu, hai, lol.
So Maho really was a siscon after all..
Looking forward to see how they end the actual show.
Kahn,

most tanks are not for "defensive" purpose.
if so, then they are "gun battery on wheels/tracks" ^^

however, what distinguish the StuG from other PzKwk chassis is that it was mostly supplied to the infantry units as a support Pz to "assault" enemy positions.
in both tactics and strategy that's a very different kind of tanks than say the Pz 3, 4, Panther and Tiger, which were mostly supplied to independant panzer units for Blitzkrieg.

for example, the earlier StuG had a shorter, larger barrel than the Pz 3 and 4 (meant for less armor penetration and heavier shells), and more HE rounds than AP, because they were supposed to clean infantry dug-out positions, alongside advancing regular german infantry units (not panzergrenadier), not to do a rerun of Karkhov 2 at Prokhorovka.

I think that StuG production accounted for almost half of all german tank production during WW2 (and it kept on with refitting/upgrading til the very end).

Best regards,
The Author said that tanks originated from Germany....

as a British man, i have to put my foot down and say that thanks are a British Invention.

oh, and the STUG 3 ASSAULT Gun was most certainly not made for defensive operations.
this is one of those kind manga that exclaims "f@ck logic!!"
No wonder they're not dying from all these tank battles, HE rounds aren't that great against armor.
Your right it's VI, my mistake.

III was most used, but VI is much more popular nowadays, cause that was the most impressive tank Germany had when US soldiers made their first contacts with german Forces. And let's face it, the US through Hollywood has the biggest influence on what is popular and well known.
I'm just waiting for the main series to make gigantic mistakes about tank so I can go into a rant about what's right and wrong like I did on the spin-off.

Come on, make that mistake!

Propably cause the Pzkw IV version D is one of the most known german tanks. Propably second only to Pzkw V "Tiger". In the first half of the war it was a major part of german tank forces, though pretty much outdated from the start.

On the manga itself, so this is K-ON! with tanks? Will follow to see if it's any good.

The fifth one is Panther(even though it first appeared at the battle later than tiger). I always thought that the most known german WW2 tank was pzkpw III.
P.S. Another small manga about Tiger and tank ace Otto Carrius => http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/otto-carius-doromamire-no-tora-r3559
@rockgollem
Propably cause the Pzkw IV version D is one of the most known german tanks. Propably second only to Pzkw V "Tiger". In the first half of the war it was a major part of german tank forces, though pretty much outdated from the start.

On the manga itself, so this is K-ON! with tanks? Will follow to see if it's any good. :D
I find it kind of sad when all a manga needs to get people interested are some "cute girls".
Why are they using an outdated model of Pz 4 of all. Why not fit/use the more common 75 mm gun?
Hahaha, fucking brilliant. I love the premise.

The manga art is also very nice and pleasing too. I wasn't too attracted to the character designs when I first heard about the anime, but the girls here are cute. This is an instant favourite.
"Panzercraft, along with flower arranging and tea ceremony, is one of the treasured arts of the ideal Japanese woman."

Surreal. All that's needed is a cameo from Ritsuko from Those Who Hunt Elves.
@Pizhhh : Cute girl and Fighter Jets ? We have Strike Witch for that combination my friend.

That aside, thit shit is like K-On with Tank instead of light music. Another thing i can stand for this manga is it choke full of German WWII tank. Where is my Soviet goodness.
... why do I now feel the old tank crew's pain within the cramped, heavily armored vehicle that has a big ass gun and the magazine that stores the rounds behind them?
I was gonna say nuclear submarines, but it seemed to be more blatant, a euphemism.

No. Just no. Cute girls and tanks just don't mix well on my book. Upotte was bad enough. What's next? Cute girls and fighter jets? Cute girls and ICBMs?

Cute girl and an F-35. My mind just imploded. Thanks, I probably won't be sleeping tonight, now.
But a girl and an ICBM? Awkward. I mean, just based on the rough shape of an ICBM, you know... a girl... riding... that shape...
Awkward.
@Pizhhh
Well, Girls und Panzer is getting an anime, just like Upotte.
No. Just no. Cute girls and tanks just don't mix well on my book. Upotte was bad enough. What's next? Cute girls and fighter jets? Cute girls and ICBMs?
@ Road
Unlike most people, I read for the plot for this kind of manga Posted Image
I couldn't agree more, Road.

Although, I think it'll be a few more chapters before I decide if this is worth following or not.

Girls and guns are an odd mix... (can a tank be considered a gun in this case?)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics