Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 30votes)

GIRLS und PANZER

Alt Names: alt ガールズ&パンツァーalt Girls & Pantzeralt Girls & Panzer
Author: Saitaniya Ryouichi
Artist: Saitaniya Ryouichi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this world, Sensha-do (戦車道), the art of tank-combat, is a traditional Japanese martial art for girls. Miho, a girl who just transfered into the Ōrai Girls' Academy in Ibaraki Prefecture, has been ordered by the academy's student council chairperson to join the school team and compete in the national Sensha-do championships.

> Part of the GIRLS und PANZER series
( http://bato.to/search?name=GIRLS%20und%20PANZER&name_cond=c&genres=;e9&genre_cond=and )
Go to GIRLS und PANZER Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Girls und Panzer Anime Rant Thread - Spoiler Alert New Window rockgollem
  • 98 Replies
Topic Girls und Panzer Discussion New Window 5Cats
  • 7 Replies
Topic Anime Discussion (With Spoilers!) New Window 5Cats
  • 0 Replies
Topic Why "Little Army"? New Window 5Cats
  • 1 Replies
Topic Hmm.... New Window ZeKeR
  • 5 Replies

41 Comments

They really should stop peering out of maintenance hatch. The zig-zag formation performed by Pz4 was too tight and versley, impossible. (Once again, even if Pz 4 magically could, highschool girls wouldn't have strength to shift gears and traverse to be able to do that) Also, for those girls to recognize the pattern of the Churchill in one sight, how exprienced does the author think those highschool girls are in tanks? Also, don't put your frikking hands so deep in the breech of the gun, depending on guns, you're liable to have the entire hand cut-off. What can I say about the tacitcs? Ambush was a good idea, but they started shooting too early. The counter strategy is terrible, because if this manga had any logic, all those Matildas would have been knocked out and only tank remaining would be Churchill and even that would be knocked out eventually by tanks shooting at its flank. (Also, they all miss too much)

Unlike prior speculation, it seems that it's not just first hit, but rather first penetration. Also, it seems there is no rule for what you can bring into the field. Otherwise, it would be absouletely be stupid to bring 38t, Type 89 (especially this tank considering it has almost no armour and can't penetrate anything to save itself) and 7.5cm kwk 37 on Pz4. I don't think upgunning is impossible as long as the chassis, turret and historical accuracy can handle it, considering that Stug 3 now has what I think is (can't be certain due to artistic inaccuracy, it could just as well be a 10.5) the 7.5cm kwk 40 compared to what it had in first chapter. So what the hell is stopping them?

Also, my previous speculation that they are using some sort of "live" ammo is correct. (Considering all the explosions and track being destroyed and whatnot) Which brings us to another problem (which was also mentioned), why would it simply raise a flag and how would they ensure safety of the crew and off-handedly, repeated usage of vehicle without costing too much to maintain? Imagine if one of the rounds blew off the suspension or transmission system. Supposedly not caring for crew injury possible from penetration round, what if the penetrating rounds blows up vicinity to ammo storage or engine? Fire starts up and you now have entire crew roasting and panicking to get out.

As I said before, Stug did a fine job of eliminating any advantage it has over other tanks by installing all those flags and paintjob to shout "I'm here, shoot me." Anyways, I'm sure it would make for fascinating and inspiring story and challenge to put crappy tanks against relatively less crappy tanks compared to crappy tank team, but there's only so much they can do with amateur crews and without escaping all logic.

Oh boy, I ranted alot today.
One can only hope, so.

Or maybe there's other rules like tonnage or calibre or speed/maneuverability or armour limitment

Things are so complex when we don't know the rules! X(
"And why are the opponents named after kinds of tea? lol"
Because it's "cute"! That's why! Cute > sense.
I sure hope the "rules" of PanzerCraft include a kill calculation as opposed to "you hit it you win", eh? Otherwise a Pz II would be just as good as a Tiger! Better even! Smaller, faster with a higher rate of fire!
But a Pz II could fire ALL DAY at a Tiger and not harm it...
@ShaiHH

the Matilda Mk II. had a 40mm 2 pounder gun; if the objective in panzerkraft is to hit the target rather than destroy it, then the Matilda II would have a massive advantage due to its rate of fire.
Yeah that Mathilda MK.II wouldn't stand a chance in open combat field, even ignoring the power of the cannon, it's just too slow in comparison.

And why are the opponents named after kinds of tea? lol
@rockgollem

1. the round they use seems to be a sort of powder/rubber round; they wouldn't use a high explosive or AP round for obvious reasons of safety.
2. judging by the vehicles selected, the author seems to have used World of Tanks for a historical reference.....
3. some tanks have a sight independent of the main gun.
4. it appears that some of the vehicles may have been slightly modernized for ease of use; remember that it's not so much serious military drill or training as it is international competitive sports. It appears that Panzerkraft (lit. Armorcraft or ArmorArt) is kind of like competitive paintballing with tanks.
however, you are correct, there are a VERY large number of inconsistencies.
/ak/ has the best marketing department ever.
Not many mistakes in this chapter. At least not enough to rant about.

Though I gotta say, that Stug looks absouletely ridiculous with all those flags.

I'm not going to go into the dimensions, scale, artistic placement, etc because that would make me repeat same stuff over and over again every chapter.

Also not going to go into actual penetration ability, visibility/concealment and whatnot seeing how Matilda won't stand a chance in hell against penetrating Stug in the front, but it seems to be more of game of who hits who first. (Which frankly, the M3 has the most disadvantage)
I'll just wait for the anime this fall
This is so cute & sweet! Like cotton-candy!
I forgive their MANY errors because... ecchi!!
@Rockgollem The insides seem roomy because schoolgirls are smaller than adult soldiers... :) But please keep pointing out the mistakes! It's almost as much fun as reading the manga.
My first comment here! Huzza!
Never. I will be posting every single tank-related mistakes in this manga (for both spin-off and main) in the comments section, so as they say.

"Keep watching the skies"
@rockgollem It's a manga about girls operating tanks as a feminine virtue. You gotta let your anger go, bro, and just enjoy the cute on cute with a side of cute.
yeah girl, be proud of your penetration strategy.
Of course it is; after all is just a manga and its not trying to be "historical or accurate", or did u miss the comedy tag?
Ridiculous. They're obviously using explosive round of some sort, but when it hits the tank, all it does is raise a white flag? Why is gunner and loader peering out of maintenance hatch so much? Especially during motion? That's asking to get hurt. With strenghth of a high school girl, they would be hard pressed to shift gear and traverse, so some of maneuvers they pull would be impossible. Also once entire side of tracks go off on a bridge, you can't bring it back up without towing. Center of gravity shifted, so no amount of driving skill will recover it. Why doesn't the driver pop his hatch when driving over the bridge? Only good reason to pop the hatch and makes more sense than gunner and loader popping maintenance hatch. Also, why is the inside so roomy? Do they think it's a mobile home? Also, showing rear armour, turning turret 180 degrees and shooting at two tanks? If that's real life, that Pz 4 would been blown to bits before they could even turn the turret 90 degrees. Also, how does gunner see the target through the sight before the gun even faces that tank? Why are they thinking that Pz4 has hand-crank turn turret? It had electrically turned turret. Why is the gunner's sigh also blank and so gigantic? The reticle should have lines to denote center and some sort of scaling line. The sigh should also be smaller, it's not a modern sight. This manga is filled with so much inconsistency and lack of all logics.
This shit is like K-on with Tank instead of light music.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics