Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.16 - 31votes)

Boku no Marie

Alt Names: alt ぼくのマリーalt My Dear Marie
Author: Takeuchi Sakura
Artist: Sanyo Goro
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Karigari Hiroshi is a total robotics geek/genius who really likes this one girl, Marie. He's too shy to ask her out, so he becomes obsessed with creating a perfect android copy of Marie. He succeeds perfectly in creating Marie, an android with the intelligence and heart/emotions of a human and who looks just like Marie (though with different colored hair). Of course, Karigari never really considered the implications of such a thing...
Go to Boku no Marie Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

138 Comments

Am I the only person who gets annoyed when Android is used to refer to female robots instead of the correct term (Gynoid)?

Everyone speaking incorrectly shouldn't bother me, but it does. It's stressful.

Blame 'Engrish', if you want.  Every place where you see "android" in the translation, it is アンドロイド (andoroido) in the original manga.  The Japanese think those words are English, when in reality they are Greek, transliterated to the Roman writing system.

Am I the only person who gets annoyed when Android is used to refer to female robots instead of the correct term (Gynoid)?

Everyone speaking incorrectly shouldn't bother me, but it does. It's stressful.

Hiroshi is really kinda a dick. 

Were we talking about Hiroshi being too much of a wimp?  Well how about this: Isn't Marie too human for an android?

She's a manga android.  They all are.  Every single manga android is more human than, say, your average manga non-android expressionless girl.  Even the expressionless androids are more human than the normal expressionless girls . . . 

Were we talking about Hiroshi being too much of a wimp?  Well how about this: Isn't Marie too human for an android?

man, ages that i havent read this manga, thanks!

One thing that was done a little better in the OVA than here in the manga. 

Spoiler

That series got licensed by CrunchyRoll some months back, and they are up to chapter 28 there.

ohh ty man, didn't know

That series got licensed by CrunchyRoll some months back, and they are up to chapter 28 there.

Now I just thought a new chapter of 'Boku wa Mari no Naka' came out, but its just 'Boku no Marie'. What a let down.

Still alive?  It was in cold sleep for over six years, and in hibernation for eight years before that.

The manga series ran 1994-1997, with three OVA anime episodes in 1996.  MangaProject scanlated the first tankobon volume (chapters 1-12) in 2006, and Tripp's did one chapter in 2008.  It looks like they got scared of Hibiki and decided to go no further.

I think that qualifies as "a long long time ago."

Ah thanks for picking this up!

speed scanlation?

Hardly.  The chapters are short, and there's not much redrawing involved. The Japanese isn't too difficult in this series either.  The result: one chapter a week isn't all that hard, even with my work on other series.  I got more work done May 17-26, though, because I was on vacation during that time.  Stay-cation, that is: doing projects around the house.

I own a set of the tankobons, but so far, only two pages have been my own scans: the two page spread in chapter 23.  Everything else came from public raws.

speed scanlation?

End of volume two.  Eight more volumes left to go...

Wow nice. Yeah, I didn't even know a manga existed for this. I remember watching the OVA back in the day. Marie is one of the few roles that the Japanese VA for Asuka from Evangelion ever did after that. For whatever reason she didn't feel like doing more voice work.

The manga came out before the OVA, and the OVA only adapted the first two story arcs (chapters 1-25 of 111).  That adaptation was only in the first two OVA episodes, because the third episode doesn't adapt anything in the original manga at all, but rather takes off with an idea from a classic science fiction story, the Philip K. Dick novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"  That story was also the basis for the movie "Blade Runner."

Regarding the voice actor, it turns out she has contracted a certain disease which affects her thyroid and required surgery.  That surgery altered her voice, which may well account for her inactivity of late.

Wow nice. Yeah, I didn't even know a manga existed for this. I remember watching the OVA back in the day. Marie is one of the few roles that the Japanese VA for Asuka from Evangelion ever did after that. For whatever reason she didn't feel like doing more voice work.

Whoa this is still alive? I remember reading this long long time ago.

Still alive?  It was in cold sleep for over six years, and in hibernation for eight years before that.

The manga series ran 1994-1997, with three OVA anime episodes in 1996.  MangaProject scanlated the first tankobon volume (chapters 1-12) in 2006, and Tripp's did one chapter in 2008.  It looks like they got scared of Hibiki and decided to go no further.

I think that qualifies as "a long long time ago."

Whoa this is still alive? I remember reading this long long time ago.

Some people have made comments about Hiroshi being a weak MC.  I don't disagree.  He's pathetic.  But I am beginning to disagree with the notion that he even is the MC.  The more I see, the more I think that Marie-chan is the main character.

There is no question that in the end, she is the one who develops into a true hero.

Sakura Takeuchi will begin Ushimitsu Inc in May 2 in the site Young Animal Densi.

She is just changing in to her PJs, what filthy thoughts did you guys have!?

I am well aware of the contradiction, but the mangaka works his way around it in the end.  IMHO, by cheating.  The story is fun, but requires a certain suspension of disbelief.

Ah, I see.

Read from the start.... why it has a harem tag........ just wondering

I can guess the reason: Marie-san, Marie-chan, Hibiki and a couple others yet to be introduced but which I have seen by skimming the whole series.  At the very least, an o-jou-sama and a loli.

I think you're missing the contradiction bushwhacker2k is drawing attention to here.

I am well aware of the contradiction, but the mangaka works his way around it in the end.  IMHO, by cheating.  The story is fun, but requires a certain suspension of disbelief.

Read from the start.... why it has a harem tag........ just wondering

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics