Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 69votes)

Hoshi no Furu Machi

Alt Names: alt ほしのふるまちalt The Town the Stars Fall Uponalt 星星的故鄉
Author: Hara Hidenori
Artist: Hara Hidenori
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "The stars that don't shine in Tokyo surely do shine in a different town..."

TSUTSUMI Koutarou, who couldn't be a senior at a college-oriented high school in Tokyo, moves into Himi City, Toyama Prefecture with his relatives and spends one school year there.

"I wouldn't be able to shine for the rest of my life..."

He's hurt, and depressed.
However, his encounter with a girl named Nagisa changes his "tomorrow" little by little.

Now, HARA Hidenori begins "the sweetest 'starting-over' love story in the world"...
Go to Hoshi no Furu Machi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hoshi no Furu Machi: Latest Chapter New Window Azuma
  • 49 Replies

206 Comments

And now the turtling and beating around the bush begins. Kurita will make her move, Ichinose will be jealous and I bet he'll and up with Ichinose in the very end.
I had to take a break and come back to this manga. I couldn't stand the heartbreak a little.
It seems harsh, but Ichinose did it for his own good. Schools aren't so great where they live, and she felt that he belonged in Tokyo. Although we all know how Tsutsumi is--he'd rather gnaw his own legs off than have the next person decide his life at this point.

She claims she has no feelings for him, but this is also a typical character development in romance stories like this one. Kurita will do her job and act as a catalyst for Ichinose's feelings, nothing more. In all likelihood, Ichinose probably won't even realize she's in love until Tsutsumi is about to leave for Tokyo.
Kurita's trying to use him to get out of town, or so it seems.
Tsutsumi only wanted to stay because of Ichinose.
Ichinose just mercilessly shoved his heart through a wood-chipper.

Ichinose has known him long enough to reject him with absolute certainty.
Kurita's true motives can go either way, for now.

I hope for Kurita.
If it's not Kurita then I hope for someone new.
Just not Ichinose.
I'm not a very forgiving person. >.>
This is interesting. How will he be able to pick himself up after this?
That. Hurts. </3
The nails have started bring struck into the coffin.
Ooh, ow, ow, ow! Heart--Rip! Stomp! Trample!
Ahh what's with this cliffhanger. Ahhjj
those words will haunt that girl forever later on.

My heart.

It shatters...
Hell yeah! GREAT manga!
Bam! Great chapter!
A triangle? haha Only in his mind!!

@theroadstopshere we just got introduced a NEW curious girl, that is gluing to the mc... it spelling "rocky road ahead"
@Liar

Not yet. No one likes him. Lol.
Ooh, love triangle.
Maybe you didn't actually spoil too much, but you definitely crushed my hopes that this was headed on a happy road. T_T Now I feel nervous about the next chapters, not excited.
Don't worry, theroadstopshere. I didn't spoil anything.
pizzach: Oh great, thanks for spoiling it, buddy. Way to ruin people's hopes.
Damn it all! You were so close Tsutsumi! The mood was so right! If only you have more confidence, mate!
Oh you guys don't know... Volume 3 throws everything on its head that you've read so far. Volume 4 then turns everything into an emotional rollercoaster. (Volume 4 and part 1 of the story.)

The test will always be a backdrop of the manga, just more emphasized some times than others.
Wouldn't call the test results a cliffhanger anymore, they're more like a dramatic background for the story.

Really like where the last few chapters have taken us. :D Way to go, Ichinose, you're making him a better person day by day.
This manga has so much i could connect to. The chapters scanlated by Hiyoko no GAO had very interesting notes.
Well, that would be nice . . . but how can I believe you ;)

Meanwhile, just how long is the mangaka going to milk the suspense on the test results? You can hardly call it a cliffhanger any more when it's been hanging there for multiple chapters.
[FONT=Cambria]The author of this manga often has short works with a conclusive ending. So... don't worry about it having been axed and all.[/FONT}

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics