Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 69votes)

Hoshi no Furu Machi

Alt Names: alt ほしのふるまちalt The Town the Stars Fall Uponalt 星星的故鄉
Author: Hara Hidenori
Artist: Hara Hidenori
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "The stars that don't shine in Tokyo surely do shine in a different town..."

TSUTSUMI Koutarou, who couldn't be a senior at a college-oriented high school in Tokyo, moves into Himi City, Toyama Prefecture with his relatives and spends one school year there.

"I wouldn't be able to shine for the rest of my life..."

He's hurt, and depressed.
However, his encounter with a girl named Nagisa changes his "tomorrow" little by little.

Now, HARA Hidenori begins "the sweetest 'starting-over' love story in the world"...
Go to Hoshi no Furu Machi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hoshi no Furu Machi: Latest Chapter New Window Azuma
  • 49 Replies

206 Comments

Talk about a foreboding feeling...
If this was a soap opera... I got it!

Nagisa is pregnant and Tsutsumi is the father!

Or maybe Misaki is the father of the unborn child of his ex-girlfriend and he ran away from Tokyo to escape or...

I have nothing.
What a cliff hanger ending that was.
Spoiler
Thanks for the new chapter, so much for the Tsutsumi/Nagisa romance, now she can have who she wanted all along
masaki is such a tool.
Masaki what a tool, had to do the alpha male thing.
Never before have I been so happy to see the infamous "returning rival".
It's Masaki.

I have to say, he's pretty handsome. Even I find myself blushing.
Ooh another guy on the cover.
I disagree.
Nagisa is the best character in this manga
Tsutsumi, Nagisa's first love ran far far away from her and never looked back. I suggest you do the same.
Spoiler
Only love can make a man try so hard.

Koutarou, your persistence is admirable.
Ignoring Kurita for this chick?
Strike three.
FrogKing: The manga used on that page is from this series:
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/sore-wa-totsuzen-unmei-no-aite-ga-r1906

It's quite good, I hope you can enjoy it. :)
In some ways, I think this is the DBZ of high school romance manga. Every topic gets drawn on and on.... and on...
Though I sympathize with Nagisa, I'm getting frustrated as well. Hopefully, Tsutsumi would speak some sense into her.
-.- Is the ice queen act really still necessary? I honestly think Nagisa is about 2 chapters away from a 2-dimensional pop in that smart mouth of hers, if she doesn't knock off being a frigged hag.
Hey not sure if this is the right place to ask but http://vatoto.com/read/_/84391/hoshi-no-furu-machi_v3_ch22_by_village-idiot/2 what manga is that on the village idiots advertisement thanks for the help.
Considering we're looking at this from Tsutsumi's perspective, it is difficult to completely understand Nagisa's motivations and thus she is portrayed in a negative light because of Tsutsumi's frustrations. Nevertheless, I hope he sincerely attempts to care for Kurita. I think she deserves that chance with him. Even if it doesn't work out, I sincerely hope there aren't hard feelings for both of them.
I feel the same way about Ichinose, Jurei. As futile as I'm sure it is, I just can't bring myself to like her.

Spoiler

It's his manga, so he can do that. That doesn't make it any less frustrating.
Yes, I was referring to shounen and seinen manga. I find shoujo has more loyal male characters for the same reason shounen seems to have more moe. Thus, I find it superficial in shoujo. Like an attractive male in a Western romance novel. No offense to fans of shoujo.

I have enjoyed a few shoujo manga in my time, just not often.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics