Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.36 - 56votes)

Biyaku Café

Alt Names: alt Aphrodisiac Caféalt 媚药咖啡店alt 媚薬カフェalt 媚藥咖啡店alt Biyaku Cafealt Cafe Lovepotions
Author: Ukyou Ayane
Artist: Ukyou Ayane
Genres: Drama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSmut Smut
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The aphrodisiac night retreat is a place with no menu, and the tea is made to the customer’s image by the employees. An omnibus story surrounds the overbearing masters, various customers, and the tea!
Go to Biyaku Café Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

59 Comments

Teriguu, WTF?!  

See, this is the kind of reason many women see horrible sexism in places where I might think it's not actually there:  They've been sensitized by all the places it totally is there.

Meanwhile, ch 24 is yet another demonstration that when the person who won't take no for an answer replies to your turn-down with "Well then at least do this"--DON'T DO IT.  It is always a mistake to give them whatever consolation prize they are asking for.  Choke down your guilt and ignore them, or maybe give them something different instead.

Chapter 24....that ending. the feelings are so tense and welling up. I keep hitting the scene on repeat, rereading it over and over again. Phew~things are really serious here. The mangaka's light-hearted-ness towards Shibata at the end there isn't helping either~

Also about this debate that people are having down below, best leave it to the forums no? I don't come to read manga to delve into gender studies. If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't be taking break from studying (which is why I did not want to read through everything). If you think this is bad, remember Gone With the Wind. It's way more popular and praised as a great "epic" cinema despite that scene where there is a clear explicit refusal and forcefulness. I've also read way worse mangas and stopped reading them because of how lightly they play around with merging explicit rape over with romance. I'd say more but I'll leave it here for now since I have more important things to get to. 

@Teriguu, those are some really offensive and sexist comics there. 

One more, Swedish comic:
lina_neidestam_ZELDA_619_web.jpg

Four nuances of menstruation

1. Neutral week

Ah, hormone-free week! Why not assemble IKEA-furniture, call the tax-department and set up a zen-garden?!

2. Ovulation

HEEEERE'S ZELDA!!
- Lock up your sons!

3. PMS
Why does the cat look so angry at me?
I need to move out in the forest.

Do my face look strange when I speak?

No one can understand anyone. We are all so alone.
I need to erase all my social media accounts!
Hashtag: SAD

4. Menstruation
NOTHING PAID?

"A CHANCE TO GET EXPOSURE?!"

TN: This is about how young swedish artist often get offers to participate with their art without getting paid for the sake of exposure

Here I fan translated a comic just for you Gale ;)
Looking for cleaners and typesetters.
10537762_989764344385340_780462644331820
Panel 1:
Everyone hates me, I just know that
Nothing will ever be okay again
Panel 2:
The anexiety, like a black snake through my guts - will it always feel this way now?
Panel 3:
Why do I feel like this, what is behind this guilt and soul tormenting?
Panel 4:
Ah.

The entire chapter is a mire of insults, harassment, and blackmail, punctuated by sex scenes that are aggressively questionable at best. I'm serious, can you point to even one interaction they have in that chapter where she's remotely comfortable, or is there of her own free will?

Hm. Well, going chronologically rather than by page, how it goes is roughly:

Spoiler

Overall, I don't see quite the mire you're seeing.  Some questionable things, but the unrelieved negativity, no.

And while doubtless there are some personal things somewhere behind some of what I say, I really feel, to go English Major for a moment, that my reading is supported by the text.

Re: "Drugging" etc., I find it hard to go along with a formulation of rape that says every bar pickup, ever, was rape.

Okay, I'm totally at fault for getting so caught up in the alcohol bit (which, yes, getting knockout drunk off a few sips of brandy is basically impossible, but seeing how little recollection she actually, literally, demonstrably has of even losing her clothes, just makes me think that it wasn't simple brandy tea that he served her) that I made it look like I only thought that scene was gross and rapey, rather than literally the entire chapter and everything in it.
Spoiler

Just... For fuck's sake, dude. Dust, eye, plank, whatever.

Well.  All highly serious arguments aside, this latest coupla chapters are pretty dashed cute, so many thanks to Mystic Iris and Decadence!

And Merry Christmas to all!

Not a huge fan of original flavored Ramune as well as melon because it's too sweet for me. I usually dilute it with sprite or 7up so I share one bottle with another person. Orange is the best if I drink it all on my own. I haven't tried any other flavors so far. 

Re: "Drugging" etc., I find it hard to go along with a formulation of rape that says every bar pickup, ever, was rape.  I'm not into bar pick-ups myself, but there's whole cultures based around them and I'm not willing to say oh, all of those damn proles are rapists.

So like, "fed a girl 3 mugs of tea with brandy" == "drugged" == "tricking a girl into drinking so much alcohol she falls unconscious" is a problem for me,

Spoiler

As to what rape is . . . rape and rape culture are far too common, yes.  And the traditionalist narrative that used to say basically it wasn't rape unless the victim was half-killed trying to resist was a huge problem and there are those still trying to maintain it.  But I remain suspicious of the counter-narrative that says if there is the tiniest hint of aggression or perhaps even forwardness, it becomes rape.  

Spoiler

Returning to the topic of this manga, I think the first chapter sets the tone very well for the manga as something completely bizarre, over the top and surrealistic.

Where do you see the bizarre and surrealistic in this manga? As It's pretty normal for a shoujou smut manga, and it's no way near the bizarre manga territory.

Haha, so you did/do go to gender studies class.

Actually, to be entirely honest, I never have. I was going along with it for the sake of a line. Even then, my attitude is probably "young SJW" enough that it wouldn't make a difference to you either way.

I'll try to keep this short, since I'm tired of repeating myself and were not even talking about the manga anymore, but here's some unwanted friendly/condescending advice: bringing up stuff like trigger warnings, all by yourself, for the sole purpose of calling social justice types immature and delusional? Doesn't actually make you look cool and realistic, to most people. Kinda just looks childish, and maybe a little obsessive, especially when you're telling me I should stop reading manga instead of talking about it oh gosh jeez, and trying to act like your "first law" is an obvious universal fact I have to acknowledge, rather than a running joke you saw on some blog somewhere. Just a tip/petty insult for you.

Drugging someone and then raping them while they've lost awareness isn't "taking initiative", Jesus Christ.

Spoiler

I'm not saying this story is a crime and it should be taken down and burned and the earth should be salted and argarargha. I'm saying that people should be aware that this manga literally starts with the main character being raped on page 1, and that it's the kind of story where that's played for laughs and used for playful romance. There was literally nothing to suggest that in the synopsis or in the comments until I brought it up. If you're into that sort of thing, great! Enjoy it! If it makes you feel like hiding in bed and crying, well, now you know! Avoid it! Acting like this stuff isn't in the story does absolutely nothing for the people who are excited by it, AND the people who aren't interested in it at all.

And that's why my gender studies class is way more relevant to this conversation than whatever it is you're trying to do here.

Haha, so you did/do go to gender studies class. Well then, I rest my case. No just kidding, but I still think you're reading way too much into this, it's like the whole trigger warning debate where young sensitive social justice warriors claims one should remove certain topics since people who have had bad experiences with those topics might gets PTSD flashbacks. Now that's what you do in therapy isn't it?! Whatever I do in therapy anyway so I can have a nice stay at batoto, I mean this is made in japan after all, you should read Swedish comics if you want to read gender studies-approved stuff.

Returning to the topic of this manga, I think the first chapter sets the tone very well for the manga as something completely bizarre, over the top and surrealistic. I'm not a big fan of shoujo smut but I love this since I can read it as I read ultra heaven or another completely mind bending manga. It's like they add small doses of LSD in that tea, the characters behaviour is just of chart. And the first law of shoujo smut still applies, if it's a bishounen it's always consensual. I've seen much worse examples than this. And oh, it is marked as "Discression is advised", which means something like "it's made in japan and even girls have weird sexual fantasies and/or preferences there".

Gale, you're missing the crucial point here; in shoujo smut mangas, if it's a bishounen, it's always consensual. This is a bizarre female (sexual) fantasy manga, and you're reading way too much into it. With an imaginary character in an imaginary setting, sometimes girls fantasize about alpha bishounens that dare to take initiative. You may apply any theory you got in your gender study class on this manga, but they do not apply.

Drugging someone and then raping them while they've lost awareness isn't "taking initiative", Jesus Christ.
Spoiler

I'm not saying this story is a crime and it should be taken down and burned and the earth should be salted and argarargha. I'm saying that people should be aware that this manga literally starts with the main character being raped on page 1, and that it's the kind of story where that's played for laughs and used for playful romance. There was literally nothing to suggest that in the synopsis or in the comments until I brought it up. If you're into that sort of thing, great! Enjoy it! If it makes you feel like hiding in bed and crying, well, now you know! Avoid it! Acting like this stuff isn't in the story does absolutely nothing for the people who are excited by it, AND the people who aren't interested in it at all.

And that's why my gender studies class is way more relevant to this conversation than whatever it is you're trying to do here.
Gale, you're missing the crucial point here; in shoujo smut mangas, if it's a bishounen, it's always consensual. This is a bizarre female (sexual) fantasy manga, and you're reading way too much into it. With an imaginary character in an imaginary setting, sometimes girls fantasize about alpha bishounens that dare to take initiative. You may apply any theory you got in your gender study class on this manga, but they do not apply.

I'm ecstatic to see more of Kaoru and Kagetsu's story but that cliff hanger...

My mental picture of what the mangaka's trying to convey is something like her being in this state of drunken weariness, him aggressively seducing her, and her going along with it in a dreamlike state, between her drunkenness and a certain fascination with the guy, and then at some point partly surfacing mentally and wondering what the hell she's doing. In this scenario he definitely took advantage of her, and it's kind of skeezy, but it's not rape or knocking someone out and then taking her unconscious.

Yeah, here's the thing. Aggressively seducing someone while they're in a hazy drunken dreamlike state and they aren't aware of their surroundings or even able to remember how things got from point A to point B, and then "taking advantage of them"? That's rape. That's literally rape. Whether or not it's realistic for someone to lose awareness of things after a few cups of brandy tea doesn't matter when that's exactly how she's depicted. She doesn't have to be out cold for it to be rape. That she was vaguely aware of some of the sensations in her body doesn't make it less rape.
Spoiler

You don't know me, but, like a lot of other people, I've come to respect and appreciate your comments and recommendations. Part of that was your willingness to criticise elements of sexism in stories, and praise characters for not being aggressive dickbags. It may not mean much, and you might think I'm just being oversensitive, but I honestly think you're better than this.

I guess most of the chapters are about other things, and they might be sweet enough, but the start is literally the cafe guy tricking a girl into drinking so much alcohol she falls unconscious and then raping her multiple times. 

I'm not at all clear that's what happened.  For one thing, I find it very hard to believe that anyone could be knocked unconscious by three cups of tea with brandy in it.  Not unless it was practically all brandy, and that wouldn't taste like "Oh, what lovely tea".  

In that first chapter, we don't actually have anything to tell us directly how sex got initiated.  

Spoiler

My mental picture of what the mangaka's trying to convey is something like her being in this state of drunken weariness, him aggressively seducing her, and her going along with it in a dreamlike state, between her drunkenness and a certain fascination with the guy, and then at some point partly surfacing mentally and wondering what the hell she's doing.  In this scenario he definitely took advantage of her, and it's kind of skeezy, but it's not rape or knocking someone out and then taking her unconscious.

I guess most of the chapters are about other things, and they might be sweet enough, but the start is literally the cafe guy tricking a girl into drinking so much alcohol she falls unconscious and then raping her multiple times. And it's supposed to be funny or sexy or whatever. It's really, really gross. The idea that there's a bunch of sweet or moving stories after that is kind of sickening, honestly.

Well,you know...giving the key your ex-girlfriend just returned to you directly to your current girlfriend...at least change the keychain or something!

Such surrealistic drama. Does the target market make any sense of this?

they've complicated a very simple, home friendly, already delicious, zero risk recipe like a milkshake with a fate that can easily end in misery for the stomach

What is with these weird Japanese ways of making a milkshake?  Eggs?  Sugar?  Where I come from you need three, maybe two, ingredients to make a milkshake:
Ice Cream
Milk
Whatever flavour stuff you're putting in, if any--chocolate sauce, fruit, whatever.
Blenderize and you're done.  Milkshake!!!

(Ice cream normally vanilla, but chocolate for a good chocolate one, plus I like chocolate raspberry)

Yes!!! Two new chapters, thanks Transcendence Scans and Mystic Iris!!!

Ch 16: Those two are painfully adorable. XD

I have so much sympathy for Tomomi's mindset...

Ah, what a nice pleasurable couple of chapters.  Thanks Mystic Iris and Decadence!

(side note--one of those "help us scanlate" pages said "Decadence is recruiting!" and all I could think was "Ain't it the truth?")

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics