Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 458votes)

Bakuman

Alt Names: alt วัยซนคนการ์ตูนalt バクマン。alt Baku-manalt Bakuman - Giấc mơ họa sĩ truyện tranhalt 爆漫王。alt 食夢者alt 食梦者alt 바쿠만alt باكومان
Author: Ohba Tsugumi
Artist: Obata Takeshi
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Moritaka Mashiro (Saiko), with his superb drawing skill, is invited by his writing genius classmate Akito Takagi (Shujin) to tread the difficult path of the mangaka!! His sights are set on his naive yet earnest joint dream with Miho Azuki, who is aiming to become a voice actress!! Saiko and Shujin team up as writer and artist, aiming to be serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, make a hit, and then release an anime. They bring their manuscripts into editors and set off on the road to becoming pro manga artists!! This is a new-age story of manga success!!
Go to Bakuman Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hiroshi Gamō New Window GASS4N
  • 6 Replies
Topic I don't know about that... New Window Fragile
  • 1 Replies
Topic Bakuman Anime season 3 New Window thorongil
  • 4 Replies
Topic Completed New Window Jonnylove
  • 23 Replies
Topic DEATH NOTE x HIKARU NO GO x BAKUMAN New Window God of TROLLing LOL
  • 3 Replies
Topic Proposal New Window sirilius
  • 3 Replies

358 Comments

An ending just like an ashirogi muto piece - at the height of the action, drawing everything to a close and leaving nothing to be questioned.

The romance was bad, I mean not in mashiro's part because that's the innocent part but in takagi's , they could have make him more of a womanizer , or not a womanizer but that he was actually NORMAL dating more than 1 girl and getting married-.- I would've liked him with iwase ten times better... 

In the end , the romance is so forced...

Just finished it. Good, but not that good. Maybe it's just me, but I was never tense or really surprised. And the humor worked on me just once from time to time. And the character were a bit empty, and some were just dropped along the way.

Yet, I read it entirely and enjoyed it. Mostly for the part were you epxlore the behing the scene. The story itself is not that good.

Well, good read in the end.

"A dream isn't something that someone tells you to go for, It's something you fulfill of your own will"

-Mashiro Moritaka 

Such a great story. That innocent love as well. If there's any real couples who faced such an innocent love story, it will be truly unbelievable. His struggles as mangaka was told pretty well as well. Ah well, can't say any other things. Totally recommended!

Cant believe it has been nearly two years since this ended

Hiramaru and his editor are the best XD Was worth reading even for epizodes with them ^^

Oh! such a long time since the last chapter i was read, i guess it is time to harvest some goods from my stocking golden materials now...

dig dig dig...

geez.... I just wanted to give it a try and after a few chapters i was totally hooked! I have read it all in a two days. It's.... Mindblowing... Hilarious... Nerve wracking...

The competition, the pure love, the tension, the hilarious graphics, the relationships between friends and rivals, editors and all, it's just too good!

Think this is one of the best manga's I've ever read. Even though I've read a lot this manga is defenitly in my top 5.

The anime just ended and the ending was better :l

Well, I gotta say definitly a good read, that also gives you some insight into how Shueisha works.
I can't say I cared a lot about the romance, Mashiro's and Azuki's relationship always felt a bit artifical to me but it's not too bad because it mostly focuses on the manga

Spoiler

One thing I disliked is,
Spoiler

Furthermore,
Spoiler

The above is purely my own opinion and mostly conjecture.

I have been following this manga for years and I was glad when it ended so perfectly. The only thing I would say I was dissapointed with was that we didn't get to see the wedding ceremony, but best not to gild the lily.
very good manga. i really enjoyed it all the way though
i know im late to the party but... in chapter 51, was that the plot for "two broke girls" ?
Time to buy the manga ^-^v
Just finished my dont-know-what-count-anymore rerun, and I really want to read "sunglasses pitcher". As takagi mentioned, there is not much good sport manga these days.
This volume 2 is actually a textbook in one of my college classes.
Chapter 1-176 in one go...

Damn did I actually do anything besides reading this manga today?...

Guess... not...

Oh well

Was TOTALLY WORTH IT !!!
THIS IS SO GOOD. I haven't been this addicted to a manga in such a long time. I was planning to only read 2 ch. a day starting today since I was already on ch. 140 and theres only 176 ch total so I wanted to spread it out to make it last a little longer but...I failed. I finished it.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Makes me feel all happy inside but also sad that it ended.
I was wondering if there were other mangas he/she worked on. There's only 4 on batoto and I already know death note. Otter no. 11 was included in this manga.
So gooood! :)
Man time flies, i remember reading the first 20 or so chapters back in 2009, and now it's already 2013, and it's been over for quite a while :/
When I read the ending of Reversi, I was thinking "Oi Author! Don't screw with me! How can the manga be called a masterpiece if the main character dies? What about all that experience the reader had with them? Are we supposed to throw those feeling out to the river of styx along with the main character? Is this deathnote? Are you the father of deathnote?!"

Then I checked up the author's history... he indeed was the author of deathnote. And for some reason, I feel defeated. Even I have to admit that Deathnote was a masterpiece.
wow this one was amazing
Man, it's been a while since I've gotten so caught up in a manga!
Amazing, read it through in two days. :-)
wintercry Don't bother, I got my answers and I don't have any reason to discuss about this any further.

Plus I don't enjoy your comments, sorry.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics