Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.22 - 172votes)

Idol Pretender

Alt Names: alt จู่ๆผมก็กลายเป็นไอดอลalt アイドル・プリテンダーalt Kargerin len Idolalt Pura-Pura Jadi Idol
Author: Haruse Hiroki
Artist: Haruse Hiroki
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Eita Chinami who aims to be a man among men accidentally drinks a very expensive magical medicine that changes his gender. And the only way she (formerly he) can change back to normal is to buy again that very expensive medicine. And his friend tells him the fastest way to do that is to become an idol.
Go to Idol Pretender Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Has this manga stopped? New Window d4rk
  • 7 Replies

307 Comments

I don't think that the Mangaka would care.
The translators are the ones stealing it, and Batoto makes money from them as well...
The only thing that makes Batoto better than manafox is site layout, and...Actually that's it.
Secundum i understand your ideal and yes most of translator works can be seem as pirate but you need to be clear that they did it for the sake of us who have no opportunity to read these wonderful works at our own countries, they enjoy it and they want to share which is a very beautiful things. However, side like mangafox take advance of this and use it to make money....and that cannot be forgiven. What will the author of these manga think when they see side like mangafox make money out their works and translators are the one to take the blame. Chose your word carefully my friend for you too is a scanner........
Other scanlators and their release terms crack me up.
They're like Team Rocket from Pokémon:

"Hey! That's not fair! We stole that manga fair and square, and now you're stealing it off us!"

Guys, you're f***ing pirates!
Get over yourselves.

[Also, before people start flaming me I'm on a scanning team and have no problem with mangafox etc. taking our manga].
Most of full transformation gender bending mangas I have ever read have something in common: the main character is cursed. They are cursed in extraordinary cuteness, sexiness and godly figure to the point that us reader cannot remain calm whenever we read. In some rare case, the main character is also blessed with extraordinary whoremone in which he can not control.
That is some vicious cicle. Reminded me of the madness in akane-chan overdrive.
Spoiler
>implying Chinami hasn't been cute the whole time.
@last page comment of recent chapter:
because nothing is gay about this, ;D
chinami is becoming ridiculously cute >.<
@ seishi this isn't a shoujo GB manga, if you read those the boy who changes into a girl will eventually fall in love with a boy.
well it looks like Oguri is going to be that strange crush that Chinami will eventually just get over. for the most part, I think that Chinami feelings for was boming from both that he was the only guy around her, and that Oguriis is 100% dependable, also the fact that he is good looking helped to. But in the end Oguri seems quit neutral on having relationships, he probably has a ton of women that he can get together with, and probably values his friendship with Chinami as men over hooking up.
It would be nice to see Chinami take a serious run at Oguri, provided he can ever get his feelings in order. I like how Oguri would probably like Chinami just as much no matter what gender.
To be honest, I don't know, nor do I care either way. I haven't read anything online for several years now, so I don't know how those that do think about it. The fact that MF is even something someone would think about as a place to read their stuff doesn't make sense to me at all.

I do, however, think it'd be best to leave this space for discussion on this manga, so I'll stop talking about this subject now.

I'll be interested to see where this manga takes the relationship between Oguri and Chinami, if it even does anything with it beyond weird feelings.
Whatever. Which do you see as being more likely to attract leechers away from the dark side?

MF has LQ on day 1, Batoto has it a day after everyone else has read it and ceased to care.
MF has LQ on day 1, Batoto has it on day 1 too but in HQ.
@Amplify: A policy is a policy, every group has the right to it if they want it. Just because other readers don't give a crap doesn't mean they should have to change it. It would be nice if everyone would be a free upload at release (barring licensed stuff that they would rather not have put up), but it's something that has to be dealt with, and something that was dealth with just fine until MF stopped caring.
People should just learn patience. You have to wait for the new chapters anyway, what difference makes another day?
Or people could fuck that and just go to any of a hundred readers that don't listen to delays.

For example, Dark Air chapter 14 is already up on mangafox:
http://mangafox.me/manga/dark_air/
and has been for well over half a day. But if people want to be supportive to scanlators and take business away from the likes of mangafox, they'll have to wait another day before it gets released on Batoto:
http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/dark-air-r559
because of the whole release delay thing that only Batoto listens to.

I'd personally love nothing more than people stopping using other sites and come to Batoto and the scanlators sites only, but why would they when they can get all the manga they want over a day sooner by NOT coming here?
@amplify batoto is this way because they listen to those delays, if you want HQ idol pretender, you either have to wait 36 hours or you can go to the scanlators site and download it there (HQ ofcourse)
@Utsnap
I never really understood why groups would have a delay for Batoto too, since Batoto is really the only one that listens to the request, most other sites don't care and would just put it up regardless. It's like spiting only the people on your side.
@Scavenger09: Vexed Scans is labeled as a 36 hour delay, it's already "up" you'll just have to wait until the delay end if you want to read it here. ;)
where is chapter 6?????
I totally support Yuika going for what she wants. :D
I gotta admit it seems like this would be a harem story gotta say it pretty damn funny love that super pervert who really couldn't give a rat ass about the guy turn girl hotness. lol
@RAyman699 Haha, anything in the name of science works ;) . This medicine would be the trolling-king medicine.
Does it count as Shounen Ai if he has a female body? lol
shoujo ai and shounen ai with the same character
are you a wizard
If you enjoy this or any other gender bender manga that does not make you gay especially ones where every aspect of the body changes since he has become a full blown female and you are most likely attracted to "her" body or other traits. now if its cross dressing and you enjoy her femininity that does not make you gay but if you enjoy the fact that he still has a penis and looks like a girl then you might be leaning closer to or bi then straight. even i find her appearance stimulating but i wouldn't say im gay or attracted to guys ;D so brothers you are okay don't be ashamed and show your love!~

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics