Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.35 - 48votes)

Kanchigai Hime to Usotsuki Shimobe

Alt Names: alt かんちがい姫と嘘つき僕alt เจ้าหญิงตุ๊กตากับคนรับใช้อลเวง (Thai)alt 会错意公主和说谎的我alt Kan Chigai Hime to Usotsuki Shimobealt Kan Chigaihime to Usotsuki Shimobealt Kanchigai-Hime to Usotsuki Shimobealt Kanchigaihime to Usotsuki Shimobealt Misunderstand Princess And The Liar Servant
Author: Takamiya Satoru
Artist: Takamiya Satoru
Genres: Comedy ComedyGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: [It's okay to be a servant, I want to be by your side...!]
[You'll treat me really really well?]

Mayuri, a girl who wanted to be acknowledged as herself shares the same room with her senpai, Akira who is the student council president and a beautiful person envied by others. But, Akira has a big secret...?
Somehow, her real self is a "boy"!?
Moreover, he makes a petition of wanting to be Mayuri's servant...?

Thus, the wonderful room sharing life of the domineering (!) beautiful girl, Mayuri and a boy wearing girl's clothes who's also a bit of a trickster (?) Akira starts.

Takamiya Satoru's lyrical love comedy.
Go to Kanchigai Hime to Usotsuki Shimobe Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

19 Comments

This short story took me by surprise. It's definitely refreshing in a un-shoujo like way.

Also, don't expect character growth/development, because the strength of this series is Not about that. The characters are not for everyone though, and only works as a short series tbh.

The beginning with the male character was very typical - so much so that it lulls the female MC and us readers into a complacent mood.

He turns out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing...or girl's clothing in this case.

I really like this series, because how often do you get a female MC that's not a goody2shoes, overly sweet, demure and a crybaby/pushover?

And even if there were manga with such a female MC, she usually gets a 'transformation/change for the better' halfway through.

I mean I like manga with actual growth, development and change, but this manga series was never about that.

I say the two main characters are a match made in heaven.

There's usually one side that is the dominant one, one side that is too nice and passive. One side hits, the other side receives. Its like an uneven seesaw.

But here, you really feel that they both have Sour-ish characters, not sweet or naive nor overly nice and perfect. The girl is funny in an awkward but confident way and contrast her with the guy and the combination works oddly enough.

The guy 'threatens' her by using her middle school secrets, but she never backs down or loses her focus/personality.

She keeps addressing him as a 'servant' and doesn't go down easily to his manipulative ways without a fight.

she keeps on strutting along and believing in herself with confidence, and I like that. It's refreshing in a shoujo that neither character ever truly backs down.

Her character can definitely be annoying in a longer series, because by then, we'd expect some development or growth.

Here, her character is more for fun than anything else. She's not a bad person. She just believes she lives in her own princess world where everyone is her servant.

I do agree with some comments that this manga Could use a little fluff...this manga is pretty edgy and sharp (not sweet) so some readers might not be used to it.

yet at the same time it manages to hold my attention better because there's practically no tropes, plot devices or typical shoujo sparkly moments that is found in every manga.

The romance works for me. Given the time constraint of only 4 chapters, it manages to work the romance without added help from what I mentioned in above paragraph.

There's no"girl trips on air and the guy saves her" or kabe-don" or "random princess carry" etc. You know the ones you see in every manga, done the same way that it became stale.

Here, it's more direct, they kiss often and I almost feel the sexual attraction. It's almost tantalizing, given that there's no actual intention of that.

I'd want or see more chapters just so theyd go 'all the way' which would also be a challenge for the guy. If you read this, you'll understand what I mean.

Most of the time I'm not convinced the girl starts to like the guy because she gets flustered once and she thinks she's in Love, but the narration here somehow makes it believable to start to like him.

Although, I do feel that the manga was cut short a few chapters. Given the girl's "he's only a servant" mantra, it felt a tad too early for her to say "I love you." I wouldn't mind another 2-3 chapters with more of their princess-servant/owner-pet relationship to play out some more.

I mean she's obviously dense in the love department, since she uses the 'he's only a servant' excuse often.

But she does start to notice herself getting flustered everytime he kisses her. There just needs to be a few more chapters of gradually showing her becoming more conscious of him.

Also, the guy's backstory and family was not explored much, which is why I felt this manga was cut short a bit.

I recommend this for those who are tired of predictable shoujo mangas and want something a little different.

Hopefully this mangaka's other works will be just as good.

so awkward, so cute.

its good because its awkward and cute :P

look foward to chapter 4, the conclusion

Is this actually still "ongoing" or was the third chapter the end? I mean the last part of chapter 3 seemed to be a good conclusion point...

Only one volume, can't wait for next chapter! Thanks Shoujo Crusade!

She totally got raise'd

Spoiler

"I want to raise you."

talking to a girl like a boss pokemon
A heartwarming story about a guy and his pet.
well now you know that somebody has been playing too many princess maker games~
Hehehe, "I want to raise you..."
Lol, how cute can he get. xD
aaaawwww super cute!!!! X3
I want a pet like that too.
oneshot??

if not AWESOME HOPe to read more
Haha, it's actually really funny and interesting.
Thanks for the upload, Shoujo Crusade!
aaaaawwwweeesssooommmmeee
What's going on with all the gender bender's lately? Is it now in style for guys to dress up as women now, and for mangaka's to created countless manga with gender bending?
Pretty generic first chapter. The setting is not totally new but not overly used either so I think that's fine. The art is definitely good. Shoujo moments are somewhat lacking, needs a little more fluff in it, or maybe that's just me. Anyway, I think it's worth following for now.
hmm I like the art, don't know about everything else gonna have to wait for more chapters
o.o

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics