Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 50votes)

School Ningyo

Alt Names: alt スクール人魚alt Okuldaki Denizkızlarıalt School Mermaid
Author: Yoshitomi Akihito
Artist: Yoshitomi Akihito
Genres: Drama DramaHorror HorrorShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Two girls go hunting for mermaids to win their true love. Featuring very untraditional mermaids.
Go to School Ningyo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

69 Comments

what if a boy tried to hunt the mermaids hm? i wonder if it would work.

So...Let's start making bets on who'll become a mermaid THIS time....I reckon both the 'E' girls myself.

No wonder none of them could get a boyfriend the normal way, all of them are balls to the walls crazy.

I love this manga.

These are getting weirder and weirder. So now the Mermaids are fully sentient?

this makes me curious if a girl liked one of the mermaids

what.. that was somehow beautiful and sad at the same time :( 

Okay, that is some psyco shit straight here O_o niiice.

I know it's tagged horror, but as in the authors notes, the horror is the human aspect of it, and the lengths that they'll go to. I'm just wondering why all the mermaids started acting exactly like the Rosario + Vampire ones did.

Glad we're finally getting some more dimension to the mermaids, I think this series has some really great horror potential.

I wonder if the mermaids turned hostile just because she was pursuing someone already attached. Up till now though there's been a lot of backstabbing and grabbing at someone elses crush, they've all been currently single. Still I hope for something a bit more complex than that.

First, yay we get more stories after this!

Second...WHOA. WHAT was WITH those Mermaids!?

Well, this manga IS tagged 'horror'.
Oh lol. I remember this. I got it a while ago at my local bookstore, it was on sale.. and when I read it I was like WTF.

so if these were only vol 1, we still have atleast 7-8 chps more right? anyone got raws?

First, yay we get more stories after this!

Second...WHOA. WHAT was WITH those Mermaids!?

Well...This is slightly different to the previous two stories.

Where did the originals come from though?

That's a lot of mermaids. And that means a lot of girls have already disappeared. At the same time the school is like, "meh, so what? +1 or -1 - no one will notice"

Terrible.

I get the appeal of it, but after the first case; the whole story is idiotic. The "characters" are outright generic (the "bad girl" and the "good girl"), the mystery/horror is already revealed (we already know the rules) and the reasoning/motives is so shallow it almost insults the reader (for "love"? Really? Is there a spinoff story where people go around hunting/eating mermaids for "friendship"?)

I just realised...Oohara...the girl at the end...SHE'S THE ONE WHO DISAPPEARED AT THE START OF THE VERY FIRST CHAPTER! The one who the girl was unable to kill in the first story, and the Mermaid that got killed in chapter 3. So this is a prequel. =)

what a wonderfull twist in every possible way :) so glad i kept this on follow after the first three chapters

WOW. I did NOT see that ending coming. Yuri ending FTW!

Well that ending sorta took a big change.

Hah, I had to double check the author name because I wasn't sure but, just from look at the first page I had a feeling.

Same author who did Sisterism. This ought to be good.

B)

So...Which one will become the mermaid this time....?

I know! I know! ...but I ain't telling! =P

So...Which one will become the mermaid this time....?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics