Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 388votes)

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Alt Names: alt เพลงรักสองหัวใจalt 四月は君の嘘alt 四月是你的谎言alt Dustamu di Bulan Aprilalt Nisandaki Yalanınalt Shigatsu wa Kimi no Usoalt Tu Mentira en Avrilalt You Lie in April
Author: Arakawa Naoshi
Artist: Arakawa Naoshi
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn’t touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to.

Nominated for the 2012 Manga Taisho Award.

Winner of the Kodansha Manga Award (2013).
Go to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Highschool New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 5 Replies
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 22 Replies
Topic why did this Manga end so soon? New Window HidekazuX
  • 8 Replies
Topic *SPOILERS* Raw discussion New Window Zortez
  • 15 Replies
Topic Good classical music to read with this New Window RedSaber
  • 5 Replies
Topic Please, translate the manga to spanish New Window Endark
  • 1 Replies

793 Comments

I don't like the Shoujo feeling that it gives, but it's still a good read so far.

The characters seem to be great, with a lot of potential...but there's one thing that I personally don't like, and that is that the violinist girl ( who seems to be a strong female-character, with a lot of charisma ) is after the friend, who is the typical popular/idiot guy with no good points other than his face. That makes her look a little superficial imo.

Thanks for the release.

Life is not so sweet, even in mangas :) She is a normal girl, so it is obvious that she fell for the cool guy. Now it's all depends on the way Arima proceed.( I prefer his friend, cause she resembles the main heroine of the other work by this mangaka)
its actually quite good. May be a bit slow paced, but that's probably b/c I'm used to watching slice of life rather than reading it.
@rc1138 I read that too. But I like Kai more. This is the first update since forever.
I don't like the Shoujo feeling that it gives, but it's still a good read so far.

The characters seem to be great, with a lot of potential...but there's one thing that I personally don't like, and that is that the violinist girl ( who seems to be a strong female-character, with a lot of charisma ) is after the friend, who is the typical popular/idiot guy with no good points other than his face. That makes her look a little superficial imo.

Thanks for the release.
This girl is like Kai from Piano no mori.
I guess he's gonna play the piano again with the girl.
I want moaaaarrr!
this manga is really good, very likeable character.
I'm sensing many people being confused with the yaoi. No one has said this was yaoi, the mention if read properly was of a username. Please try to read the posts more carefully.
wtf! did someone mention yaoi? i was about to follow and then.. :(
I've read up to ch.14, but does anyone know where I could download recent raws?
what part of this is yaoi?
its just the translators mistake of putting "him" instead of "her"
MC reminds me of the protagonist from Sangatsu no lion.
P.S. maybe such heroes are a requirment for this award?
ew did somebody mention yaoi
ew
ew
ew
Interesting. Follow! :D
because a short review from someone who hate romance *cough*minusyaoi*cough*, I open the manga and click the follow button after. this one promising~
yep, i really love it..lets hope Shoujo-Sense will release a lot of chapters xD (dont care if its fast or slow , the release pace..i just want chapters) :P and ..maybe u can tell me some spoilers? xD ty ^^
I normally hate romance of any kind (minus yaoi *cough*) but this... you just have to love it because it's so sweet and lovable <3

read up till vol 3 :D

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics