Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 388votes)

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Alt Names: alt เพลงรักสองหัวใจalt 四月は君の嘘alt 四月是你的谎言alt Dustamu di Bulan Aprilalt Nisandaki Yalanınalt Shigatsu wa Kimi no Usoalt Tu Mentira en Avrilalt You Lie in April
Author: Arakawa Naoshi
Artist: Arakawa Naoshi
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn’t touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to.

Nominated for the 2012 Manga Taisho Award.

Winner of the Kodansha Manga Award (2013).
Go to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Highschool New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 5 Replies
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 22 Replies
Topic why did this Manga end so soon? New Window HidekazuX
  • 8 Replies
Topic *SPOILERS* Raw discussion New Window Zortez
  • 15 Replies
Topic Good classical music to read with this New Window RedSaber
  • 5 Replies
Topic Please, translate the manga to spanish New Window Endark
  • 1 Replies

793 Comments

Chapter 7. 

Spoiler

New chapter. When ._.
My 2c on people complaining about headstrong/selfish/ignorant characters
If you break up with your significant other - which one would make you heal quicker?
Someone who forcefully drag you out or someone who lick your wound?
(Got a friend who recently broke up so I had to play that role)
Well, well, I can sort of understand everyone's annoyances with the characters, whichever one they happen to be annoyed by. And sure, I've seen this kind of thing before. But whatever, somehow the manga puts me in a generous mood about all that. They could annoy me, maybe they should annoy me, but they don't. The cliches should perhaps bother me, but they don't.
Basically, I think it's pretty good. I like the mood, I like the characters for the most part, I like where it's going. I'm a bit iffy about the MC constantly ending up with blood running down his face, doesn't seem to fit, but aside from that I'm digging this.
That was a manly thanks on page 12.
I don't even rememver following this ._.
@skoobidoobie: It's a common fantasy, though. Bored with your life? Stuck in place? No worries, you don't need to start anything yourself. Wait long enough and eventually a quirky girl will enter your life and drag you into her pace until you like it.
and i hate people that get all wishy washy about "feelings" without facing the reality that your feelings dont mean crap if they only hold you back. from personal experience, headstrong people are the ones that help people break out of their shells and face adversity
their*
the only thing i don't like is the violinist girl. i personally can't stand her type. she rushes in to everything and doesn't seem to think about other peoples feelings. like when she decided he was to be her accompanist and calls him pathetic and stuff, then hits him around. i just don't like those kinds of characters who have no respect for other peoples feelings but there own. i pray to god she changes or i'm just gonna drop it
@bloodseed I think it can go either way. Either sweet or bittersweet.
The setup is enough to harmlessly tilt it one way or the other without inducing significant rage.
friendship or romance ??
Anyone else get bad vibes like the girl is dieing or is it just me?
@Seikah there are 4 volumes out right now and we are still on volume 1 here, so there is still quite a ways to go.
Hm. Does anyone know if this is another short piece, like the author's Sayonara Football? End the manga after a single match/recital?
Posted Image In yourself and in the music.
I'd say it's a legit mental condition.Of course he hears the piano, his brain just decides to ignore the sound because of his trauma.
Nothing a good therapy can't fix. :D
@acolyte: It seems "not being able to hear the piano" means exactly what it says. I'd have preferred to take it less literally too because I doubt that's a legit mental condition, but chapter 3's explanation doesn't leave much room for interpretation: he loses his focus and subconsciously ignores the piano because of his trauma.
As for his friend, I'm pretty sure he did lie to cover for him, yeah. And I'm not feeling much "slice of life" either. So far there's no drifting around, the story clearly focuses on romance and music.
Uh wow hasn't seen this since the forever..again.
Hrm interesting. MC is not that gloomy, just given up.
When they say he 'can't hear the sound of the piano', what does that mean?
Do you think it's something like not being able to image the melody etc?
And did he lied to her about Watari?
I also don't feel the 'slice of life' feeling - do you think it's there?
raws up to ch 18
This gets really, really, good.
woww it's awesome I can't wait anymore update :D refreshing stroryline, must bookmark right now
bah! I can't wait for his moment to shine on the piano!!
The romance in this reminds me of Slam Dunk.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics