Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.43 - 35votes)

Sensei!

Alt Names: alt 先生!alt 老师!alt Teacher!
Author: Kawahara Kazune
Artist: Kawahara Kazune
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It's the story of a high school girl, Hibiki, who falls in love with one of her teachers. The two start dating, but run into a lot of trouble (since they have to date in secret). Hibiki's friends cover for her, and part of the story is also about them.

Includes a oneshot in Volume 1:
Tomodachi Nante Iwanaide
A short story about Kumiko's five year unrequited love to Kanata. Kanata has always seen her as the girl who ate a beef bowl and a good friend. Will that finally change?
Go to Sensei! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion - (Too many spoilers on main page) New Window Comadrin
  • 4 Replies

79 Comments

I FINALLY CAUGHT UP!!

(that took wayyy longer than I thought it would)

Can't wait for the chapters to come~~

ok, now I'm starting to feel uneasy....

Thanks for the release ILS!

Thank you for the lovely release ILS, Hibiki looked the cutest with her hair all clipped and tied ^^

You're welcome~ New chap will be up in a while. It's also available in our website for download. :)

Yeah, but I can see why it's hard for her.  I mean, he's older and kind of intellectual to boot.  And it doesn't help that he's pretty understated in how he expresses himself.  She's got an inferiority thing going--like, she's just a kid among all these hundreds of kids, it's hard for her to believe he's really as serious about her as she is about him.  So she wants to be mature, wants to not trouble him, doesn't want him to think she's just a kid clinging on to him.  It's probably counterproductive, and then she can't help it anyway, and then she feels bad about that . . . but, whaddayagonnado?

Itou wants to spoil her but he should tell that to Hibiki.  This relationship lacks communication.. really.

Why do I get the feeling that Itou is going to dump Hibiki? It seems like she is being set up for something to happen with Fujioka. I hope that isn't the case, but there is a sense of foreboding hanging over the last few chapters.

That is something we have to watch out, hehe ;)

Yeah, but I can see why it's hard for her.  I mean, he's older and kind of intellectual to boot.  And it doesn't help that he's pretty understated in how he expresses himself.  She's got an inferiority thing going--like, she's just a kid among all these hundreds of kids, it's hard for her to believe he's really as serious about her as she is about him.  So she wants to be mature, wants to not trouble him, doesn't want him to think she's just a kid clinging on to him.  It's probably counterproductive, and then she can't help it anyway, and then she feels bad about that . . . but, whaddayagonnado?

I agree with you, she is also scared to death that someone might find out, for it might cost sensei's job (even though he himself said that he might want to expose them..) Even so, she should be just A WEE BIT more aware of her position (just like in this chapter when she called him! :D).. sometimes she behaves like a lover, or a girl on an unrequited love, not a girlfriend. She also has problems expressing herself which just makes things worse. (and might be the reason for the way this chapter ended... it's not just about meeting, you gotta share the feelings!!)

Thank you for the lovely release ILS, Hibiki looked the cutest with her hair all clipped and tied ^^

So now she's still nervous

Spoiler

Thanks a million for the releases ILS! On a side note.. I understand how Hibiki might be feeling on not wanting to bother sensei and such.. but he's her bf for God's sake! it's ok to be a bit demanding!

Why do I get the feeling that Itou is going to dump Hibiki? It seems like she is being set up for something to happen with Fujioka. I hope that isn't the case, but there is a sense of foreboding hanging over the last few chapters.

Thanks a million for the releases ILS! On a side note.. I understand how Hibiki might be feeling on not wanting to bother sensei and such.. but he's her bf for God's sake! it's ok to be a bit demanding!

wait. why didn't Hibiki just wait until the guy left school and tail him and get a shot of him without him noticing?? that's the method most would use.
Mmmm a Sensei! chapter. Makes my evening.
just gobble up 20 chapter and good lord its HOT!!
you'd think Kousuke & Chigusa would've noticed the weary state she's in. imo, her expression and actions reflected some instability. as captain, I think Kousuke could've been a bit more perceptive, but in his defense, he was quite busy as well.
Huh! Chii-chan is unexpectedly innocent. So cute. I love the way this chapter ended.
Spoiler
Thank you all for supporting this series!
~ Midori (I Love Sensei!)
I Love Sensei!, thanks for the new chapter. I am really enjoying this manga.
I just read this for the first time the other day, and must say that it is very well written and quite entertaining as well. I also like the characters who are pretty realistic, and not stereotypes.
Three chapters in a month! Thanks much I Love Sensei!
TheShawn, I think that's definitely there, for sure. But it doesn't bother me because the teachers and adults aren't portrayed as being right about it. The attitude is shown, but I think it's criticized, seen as an overcynical attitude that doesn't really lead to happiness. I think that's actually a good message. That's a real attitude that's out there, and I agree with you about it--people who think that way tell themselves it's mature, but it's actually just a kind of giving up.

Some of my favourite stories, rather than either ignoring cynicism or just portraying bleakness, show that giving in to uglier sides of life is an inadequate response which can be transcended. I see a bit of that here in the way the main characters respond; even that female teacher is starting to find her way back from too much defensive sophistication, IMO.
Something has always bothered me about this one, and I think that I've finally pinpointed the source. It's the attitude that the "adults" have towards the kids. It's an arrogant and self-satisfying philosophy of life that they keep pushing. "It's naive and ignorant to think that just because you're in love that you'll stay together; he'll probably get stolen away by a craftier, more adult woman." It's as if the teachers in this one, male and female, are attempting to rationalize their own intense moral failings and emotional weakness by neatly categorizing optimism and conventional morality as kid stuff. The reality of it is that their actions fall more in line with the playground mentality than the behaviors of their students do, with the result being a sort of "the big kid is king of the playground" viewpoint.

I guess it all boils down to the fact the teachers see themselves as being wiser than the kids by virtue of experience. I can't help but see them as big, broken children that learned the wrong lessons.
cover your tracks girl! someone should've taught her how to delete the history
Ah, another chapter of "Sensei!" Makes my day.
@Union-san Interesting take on that, its funny because the social norm is for a woman to marry up in age not down but what ever. What the real talk about is not the age difference because that makes very little difference to be honest. It wasn't until the very late 1800s and early 1900s that the marriage age of woman went up. It use to be 13 was marrying age for most girls and as puritan movements spread in the USA it steadily went up to 18. So thousands of years with people marring and being adults at the age of 13 (even fighting in wars) and then we suddenly decide nope lets make it higher so talking about age diffencrences is very mute.

The big problem with student teacher relationships is the power balance. Which again has seen a might interesting change recently. It used to be that it was looked down upon as the teacher would use his higher social status to force students into relationships (which is why its considered taboo) more recently though it seems to have reversed with students forcing teachers into relationships with the threat of accusation of student teacher relationships.

Regardless still what ever side you take on the debate, it doesn't really matter, if the two people like each other, and like each other enough, then none of the other shit matters. Itou's a prime example hes been ready from like chapter 8 to quit his job and go find other work so he can be with her. Personally I think hes actually quite surprised that its remained this quiet so far.
Huzzah an update! Thanks "I love Sensei!"
By the way, also thanks Electromaster for going and corralling all the earlier chapters so it's all here.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics