Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.45 - 67votes)

Kabu no Isaki

Alt Names: alt 井崎的飞机alt 伊佐木的飞机alt カブのイサキalt Isaki of the Cub
Author: Ashinano Hitoshi
Artist: Ashinano Hitoshi
Genres: Adventure AdventurePsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Living in the boonies, one must give great consideration to how they will get around when they turn 16. Isaki has just turned 16 and his choice of transportation is his neighbor's Piper Cub. It might be old, but it flies well. One day he decides to fly over the 2,000m-high Ogusu mountain range to see the tower his neighbor is always talking about. But for some reason his plane feels too heavy and is using fuel faster than planned. Will he make it to the airport or crash in the bushes? And just what was making the plane feel so heavy?

Originally a one-shot, but became a regular feature in Afternoon due to its popularity.
Go to Kabu no Isaki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter 48: The Cub and Isaki {Spoilers} New Window xsirhc
  • 10 Replies
Topic Chapter 46: From the Roadside New Window wtrmute
  • 6 Replies
Topic Set in the YKK universe? New Window Archmage Lezard
  • 2 Replies

124 Comments

Just give 'em a spin...
You're right. It was hilarious. I really love this manga, with its' slightly wacky premise and unforgettable characters. I also love the artwork of this mangaka, with most of the people drawings rather slapdash, but the ability to convey all kinds of emotions, and the ability to show real depth and grandeur in the scenery.
I thought the miscommunication between Isaki and Sayori while they were flying was funny.
Thanks, Roselia. That was a great chapter. Your group is doing a fantastic job on a great manga.
dont let the assistants do all the work you lazy sensei !!
Thanks, Roselia, for the two chapter introductory offer! Really made my day.
That is a shame, but I hope the other group you mentioned keeps at it. I really love this manga (and anything else Ashinano Hitoshi writes).
Its a shame that dou is dropping this. His/her work has always been superb. Clean and high quality scans. Hopefully the other group that is picking this up would keep that standard.
This would be an amazing game...
dou, thanks for the chapters of one of my favorites.
Relevant to my personal interests and has that relaxing atmosphere that good SOLs have, too.
Stumbled on the piece with same author as YKK, 100% follow.
Two chapters so close to each other? Thanks for the hard work dou!
Tiny number of follows here and on Yokohama page make me real sad
Good chapter, duo. Thanks!
thanks for the hard work guys ! love it soooo much
dou -

Thanks for the scan. I love this manga almost as much as I loved "Yokohama." Ashinano Hitoshi is great with a capital G. Looking forward to more when it comes. You guys rock!
Ashinano Hitoshi is basically the best mangaka -ever-
Any chance on continuing translating it? Pweeeese ^^
Wow! Color pages!

Random fact: Scientists have found at sort of "bug highway" thousands of feet above us.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/06/01/128389587/look-up-the-billion-bug-highway-you-cant-see
jelly time wii~~
YAY!
@flat. Indeed it's one of those you're glad to read and never get tired of. Splendid once again.
From the author of Yokohama, another slice of life gem.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics