Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.41 - 75votes)

Another

Alt Names: alt アナザー
Author: Ayatsuji Yukito
Artist: Kiyohara Hiro
Genres: Drama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: 26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Kouichi Sakakibara transfers to that classroom, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Misaki Mei who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.

Prequel:

- Another 0 (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/another-0-r4190)
Go to Another Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A guide to understand the story New Window gremar
  • 8 Replies
Topic Another is getting live action movie in August 4th New Window Lukis
  • 0 Replies
Topic English translation and changes New Window gremar
  • 2 Replies

54 Comments

@iiyaya: hmm...an editor doesn't have to be fluent in english...I mean he only have to clean and typeset. It is proofreader's job to correct the grammar and mistakes.
Think Misaki lied to Sakakibara?
Spoiler
It might just be me, but does any one else think this reminiscent of Kuroshitsuji (some may know it as Black Butler)? Same dark auora and kid w/ an eyepatch, except it's on the left side (Ciel's is on the right).
@Jack Ryder @Holcrum I was thinking the same thing. What's really unsettling is that they claim to have two proofreaders and a quality checker... Along with the editor you'd expect the grammar to suffer less after being read by four people.
@Holcrum I agree. It's not just some spelling errors. The grammar is atrocious. I can't even make out what they're saying half the time.
I love the series but it seems like the translation quality has gone down recently. I mean thank you for the translating it at all but it's just something I noticed.
Crap.

And Through The Looking Glass We See Shes Painfully Returned

But Now Off With Her Head I Fear Is Everyone's Concern

Akazawa Akazawa Akazawa!!

yeah i can't get enough of her
Cute Akazawa!
The aunt is more sexier in the manga huh.
hmm did i confuss this with other manga?? it is very similar with this one but kinda focus on dolls
i now feel like this is the manga ver. of the sixth sense, so technically all im sayin is that, the main character is the <another one>
I didn't watch the anime, but IMO the reason why the misfortunes continue is precisely because they still continue the sacrificial ritual of a non-existent one.

I was my class's non-existent one but for other reasons for a few years. This reminded me of all the times I cursed the class. If I were some undead spirit plaguing it, I'd relate to the non-existant one and curse it more. -shrugs-
it seem both the character and plot is totally different from the anime
i don't see any spoiler at alll beside some deeping meaning of what thwe manga is based in .... that's like ... epilogue.... not spoiler at all
Just a quick question - people kept referring to the 1997 incident. I read the article in wikipedia, but reading a few chapters into the story they don't have anything in relation.
When they said 'based on', what do they mean? The actual situation, or the concept of alienation?
The 'A guide to understand the story' actually made me more lost.
The spoilers presented here don't ruin the story, especially with the recent updates. The quote that gremar listed doesn't really make sense of the manga it just helps explain where the premise of the story came from. More recent updates show that this isn't about primarily bullying but is simply a convoluted mystery manga that includes bullying. That and its damn awesome.
Yeah. I tried reading it, but I gad already pretty much figured out most of the stuff thanks to the comments, which made this a boring read. I don't see why people keep posting spoilers here, when there's a forum for just that.

For some reason, I kept thinking about The Brown Eye, Blue Eye experiement when I read this. Even though it barely has.. anything to do with it.
It's a fairly mild horror manga, but the suspense is well placed. Some twists and turns here and there, but nothing you can't figure out yourself before it happens.
I mean it would be better to read it over to get a few extra details, but if you don't sweat the small stuff, it ain't necessary.
And by psychological, it really plays on the idea of
Spoiler

@Vigne actually, this is a place that people write their thoughts on the manga/manhwa after they've read it so that people who haven't read it can see if it's their type of manga. Spoilers should have spoiler tags and discussions should be in threads.
@Vay.... trust me ... if u stupid like me ....... you won't even understand much even if u look at the spoiler and the "guide to understand ...." forum topic
Thanks for posting spoilers here. Now I don't have to read this manga at all. It's cool.
ill just wait till the anime comes and watch it.
i feel sad for the nurse.
Mangas like this one where you have to read and re-read it to understand it are quite interesting, but also quite taxing on the senses. Although I am not superstitious and I have no connection to black magic or witchcraft(my family does), I wanted to understand the references in the story. It makes use of real-life incidents, superstition and witchcraft to enhance the story. It's not really weird, but a depiction of emotions and deep hatred stemming from bullying(in all forms). I had to research the name "Sakakiba" to derive where the real-life incident occurred(hint: Sakakibara Seito - Kobe, between March and May 1997), this incident shook the country. This quote, from the incident, should make sense of this manga for you guys "compulsory education that formed me, an invisible person".
confusing is all i can say

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics