Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 116votes)

Moteki

Alt Names: alt モテキ
Author: Kubo Mitsurou
Artist: Kubo Mitsurou
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day, Fujimoto, a 29-year-old temp worker (whose age equals the number of years he’s lived without a girlfriend) suddenly receives a surge of calls and emails all at once from the women connected to his past. That’s right, he’s finally hit popularity, something which comes only once in a lifetime for everyone! Feeling elated, Fujimoto decides to meet them one after the other…or so the story goes.

Nominated for the 3rd Manga Taisho Award (2010).
Go to Moteki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 15 Replies

219 Comments

sorry, I miss up on the spoiler tag. Don't read my post if you don't want get spoil.
@Leo1dg Please post the link to the tv drama or movie.

I hope that it is better than the manga. Whenever I think about this Manga, I have so much rage and anguish.

[spoiler] I hate the slut who slept with his bestfriend. His best friend is a douchbag. I can't believe the MC forgive the slut and his friend. If MC really has Moteki, he should take revenge by sleeping with his best friend exwife. Where is the Moteki?
Those 4 girls aren't in love with him. He is trying to date them but ends up being led around the nose. I hope that movie will get rid of my rage [spoiler]
Posted ImageOmg this chapter hurts so much...
Damn this is going just like in the drama this next girl from chapter 4 is a real whore i wanted to slap her but i wont spoil you guys.
Spoiler
@Leo1dg Yes please, I'd really appreciate it.
Spoiler
    • Eyz likes this
@SenshiDan- Yes both the manga and drama end at the same point. The movie is what happens a year later when he turns 31. The manga also shows this but it hasn't been translated, so if you watch the movie you will find out how it ends. And it is subbed already i can link you if you want.
The moment I randomly looked at the 3rd chapter(never read this series before), I recognized the artwork as the same as 337 Byoushi, which, despite the naivete of Fukuma(?)(the main char), I found pretty enjoyable for the most part. So I started from chapter 1 and finished up to 3, and as expected, I really like it. Actually reminds me of a similar situation I went through, so I get extra enjoyment from that =03.
@Leo1dg
So the drama and the manga both end at the same point and the movie is what happens afterwards?
Now I want to watch it, I'll try to find it subbed.
Revangale- The ending for the drama ends but it shows you the preview for the movie and i liked the movie better than the drama
if you guys really want to dig in more just go for the drama the acting is good so there's nothing to lose. There's 12 episodes of drama and 1 movie

note: after 12 episodes you really have to watch the movie to know the true ending.
Oh more chapter please
Thanks for the chapters
kind of hard to read... all the same.. girls who just want to play with cos they think he is pathetic appear and then dumb him...
@SenshiDan: You got something wrong, you should not view the guy who´s girl got taken away as "you".

The theme is not for you to feel like you lost "your girl" (viewing it throught the guy who´s have a girl). The theme is all about what a lucky bastard the guy is with such a hot girl. So for all those who don´t like seeing them happy, having some other dudes rape her (let´s not mince the word since that´s 90% of the case) makes the reader feel " screw ya dude, having a gal and all, she was a slut after all, trying to makes us jelly.".

So to put it in a easier way, the people who enjoy NTR enjoy seeing other people "happiness" getting molested and used. Simply as that.
Since when do guys want girls to give them the clap?
@Leo1dgI
saw the whole drama, but looked at the ending of the raws. Are the two endings the same?
Fun fact - the mangaka is actually female but goes under male name.

Man Girl mangakas make excellent shounen manga for some reason.
There's a drama for this watch it tells the full story and the check out the movie
Netorare is the feeling of having something you cherish taken away from you and it's not something merely sexual.
But let's leave it at that, otherwise this will turn into a endless discussion.
*"Had the girl"

Sorry, didn´t proofread....
@SenshiDan: Actually, no. You don´t just throw that genre tag around in manga. There´s simply not enough (if there even are) NTR material to warrant that tag in the manga world. It just fall under the label, drama and tragedy.

But, the categorizing of hentai/doujin use it. Maybe that´s where you got it from. Why? Cause it´s a fetish/genre wide enough to make it acceptable.

And just to correct you, the MC never had the taken away from him since they never even "been together".
@SenshiDan its still not appropriate to use NTR for any normal manga, most of us (anyone except you) like me or FakeHero misunderstands :D
@FakeHero Netorare, netori and netoru all fall under the NTR (that means cuckold) umbrella.
When the main character's love interest is taken away by someone else, that's when you add the "Netorare" tag to it.
Spoiler

Its not only a genre of eroge, it also applies for manga and light novels.
@SenshiDan: Do you know what NTR is? Is a genre in eroge games. It does not apply here. Don´t be silly throwing that around.

But I do agree with the joy you have seeing this being picked up by a new group. I read this a couple month ago. Very sweet story, and even thought the author is a girl, she nails a guy´s thought process, give and take some stuff.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics