Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 96votes)

Kiss yori mo Hayaku

Alt Names: alt キスよりも早くalt Faster Than a Kissalt Kisu Yori mo Hayaku
Author: Tanaka Meca
Artist: Tanaka Meca
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After losing their parents, Fumino and her brother hop from one relative to another. Getting tired of all those moves, she finally decides to quit school and work to support her brother on her own. As they sat on a park bench, her teacher appears in front of her and agrees to her demands of marrying and supporting both her and her brother!! Is he serious or just playing around...?!

Spin-off:

> June's Lily Bravado
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/junes-lily-bravado-r12029 )
Go to Kiss yori mo Hayaku Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion (Spoilers) New Window Liar
  • 19 Replies
Topic Is it right to have relation with your Sensei? New Window Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ
  • 7 Replies

50 Comments

Rather...complex feelings on the ending. Overall I'd say 8/10 (pretty much agree with everything Liar has said although I will add one bit).

Spoiler
Personally, I think this series should be read as a whole rather than a chapter-by-chapter basis. Overall, it was a very interesting story that never had me wanting to pull out my hair. I'm actually thankful that the story averted many of the tropes that are often associated with manga like this. This had been one of my favorite manga and I'm glad to see that we have a happy ending.

I rate this as 8/10.
At least this had an good ending. Overall, an 6.5~7/10 manga in my opinion.
i wonder whats gonna happen nxt !!!! >////< me want to know sooooo baddd!!!!!!!!! >/////<
I bet Kazuma will cosplay in front of fumino the last chapter XD
Hohoho, I wonder what's going to happen that night.
Well i think this current chapter (chapter 50) fixed up everything especially after the whole Shouma thing. I seriously felt bad for Megu and couldn't understand why the author made her so impassive, I thought after her introduction she would try a lot harder to get Shouma to like her. So I was glad when they finally gave Megu a scene again.

I just hope after all this development it won't revert back again but that seems unlikely since it looks like this manga is wrapping up soon.
To be honest, I couldn't hack Hana Yori Dango; the same mangaka's Cat Street is waaaay better.
I just dropped this because this manga turn out to be no better than shit after Sensei did that. He only proved that he didn't give a damn about her and everything his brother said about him in this chapter was true. Shouma gives no retarded problems for no reason and actually can say he loves her.

Sensei on the other hand is an stupid character that keeps leading her by her nose. This whole manga was just him doing just that.

Well, I knew most shoujos sucked but after Skip Beat and Hana Yori Dango, I was expecting at least good comedy and drama.
Good chapter I liked the end part after they found teppei. Shouma was being a jerk trying to steal his own brother's girl.
I also agree with comments from purple library guy, she was suppossed to be a tough girl an orphan and a delinquent, she is not some little flower.

Valeria - chapter 48 - well it is 40 weeks. - some cultures see that as 10 months and some as 9. It is probably 10 moons from conception... I have read it both ways in stories and books from other countries and time periods.
Truly, Teppei is the star of the show.
I used to like this manga a lot more when I was a little bit younger, but now that I've read it again it seemed really repetitive. Each chapter ends up with the girl crying and being hugged by the guy.
The story has a good plot idea, but the mangaka wasn't able to develope it properly in my opinion. The fact that they're doing everything backwards is pretty interesting but it got boring since 51 chapters have gone by and I still haven't seen that much of a decent scene. Even Kimi ni Todoke moved faster than this...
The characters are pretty original in their own way and, although I could spot some stereotypes, it was bearable.
The art, as it seems to happen a lot these days, was not my favorite. Though there were some moments I could actually dig up something nice out of it, the style was, generally, nothing that may call for further attention.
Except for the idea, I didn't find anything exceptional in this manga and, although I'll follow it, I can pretty much already see what the ending will be like.
Don't read it if you want a fast paced romance lover or if you hate repetitive scenes in a story. If you do happen to be this opposite, then I totally recommend it for you.
    • You likes this
i agree with purple library guy, not every girl in shoujo manga follow that pattern, it depends on what the author is building her character and the story on, there are a lot of females who dont get their lips stolen from them~
as mentioned by purple library guy, those are some of the examples of heroines that dont follow the so called "shoujo" pattern, actually there are more but i just dont have the extra brain cells to remember them all...however its a shame that my fav. char kyoko from skip beat followed the "shoujo" pattern even though she is the spunky type~
i agree with purple library guy, not every girl in shoujo manga follow that pattern, it depends on what the author is building her character and the story on, there are a lot of females who dont get their lips stolen from them~
as mentioned by purple library guy, those are some of the examples of heroines that dont follow the so called "shoujo" pattern, actually there are more but i just dont have the extra brain cells to remember them all...however its a shame that my fav. char kyoko from skip beat followed the "shoujo" pattern even though she is the spunky type~
Hmmm . . . I'm pretty sure the girl in W-Juliet clobbered a couple of guys who tried to kiss her. But even there, someone might have succeeded.
Then there's Sunako in Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (aka The Wallflower). Normally she doesn't even let the hero kiss her (not that he usually wants to), much less anyone else. And she kicks serious tail!
I'm pretty sure the girls in Kimi Shika Iranai and Monkey High are tough enough to stop anyone who tried to kiss them. And in Othello (there are a couple of "Othello" manga, this one is by Ikezawa Satomi), well, the girl is a wimp, but her split personality would cream anyone who tried anything she didn't want.
@Kna i agree with most of what you said. i understand that most shojou follow a pattern but is it that inconvenient to be different? like why does there have to be another guy like really you couldn't of thought of a better plot twist then that and does every shojou girl have to get her lips stolen by the guy she doesnt like is that really the best you can come up with. and i do agree teru from dengeki is great but even she follows this cycle show me a shojou manga where the girl stops her lips from being stolen if i see that she will be the best shojou female lead
Everything is just like Purple Library Guy said xD
@Soggy Good explanation. I have never stopped to think about lunar calendar and such.
So propably I was wrong then, my bad x-x (to never have this kind of doubt in my life, I'll adopt an already born child u-u)
@BoomSickle hear hear, I guess it's all about "love conquer all" but main couple's relationship was too perfect it's so unreal that's why it start to get boring around chapter 25 or so.
Fumino is just another perfect Mary Sue, just another generic Shojo heroine and I was hoping she'll be someone like Teru Kurebayashi from Dengeki Daisy too... so disappointing.... (just FYI: Teru is one of the best Shojo heroine that I ever read to date)
Spoiler up to Chapter 49

Spoiler
Is chapter 19 missing or are they just named wrong
OK, I see this kind of plot twist a fair amount in manga. And I'm always like
Spoiler
Well, at any rate, it seems like it's moving forward. I like this manga, but for a while in the middle it was kind of going nowhere. Now things seem to have a direction. I suspect the end isn't too far off. (And then they'll finally get to kiss, sheesh)
@valeria It's a funny thing. Woman are generally pregnant for 40 weeks. Following the lunar calendar you get the conclusion that it's 10 months. If you count by Gregorian calendar then (sparing the unnecessary detail) you will count from a particular day (e.g may 15) and count down from it (eg june 15, july 15 etc.) until you arrive at 9 months.

Both aren't necessarily correct so you generally follow the doctor's method. You can read more here: http://www.babiesonline.com/articles/pregnancy/a10monthpregnancy.asp

So it may not be a translation problem. The author may follow pregnancy on the lunar calendar.
But they seriously wrote 10 months of pregnancy in chapter 48? It's not even a translation matter, these people lack common knowledge D:

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics