Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 70votes)

Hyouka

Alt Names: alt ปริศนาความทรงจำalt Hyōkaalt 氷菓
Author: Yonezawa Honobu
Artist: Task Ohna
Genres: Drama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Oreki Houtarou is an "energy-saver" kind of guy, who expends as little energy as possible to do only things he has to. When he starts high school, his older sister sends him a letter asking him to join the Classics Club. The club meant a lot to her, and its number of members has been reduced to zero.

Houtarou reluctantly signs up for the club, only to find that someone else has joined, too! She's Chitanda Eru, a cute, big-eyed girl with an overwhelming sense of curiosity. A mystery crops up that catches Eru's interest, and also draws in Houtarou's friend, Fukube Satoshi. They continue solving mundane mysteries together, and soon they draw in Satoshi and Houtarou's friend, Ibara Mayaka, as well. Mayaka has had a blatant crush on Satoshi since middle school, but he always fends off her advances. Together, they search for the truth in a mystery that involves the history of the Classics Club.
Go to Hyouka Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

74 Comments

Q: What is Oreki looking at in the Cover picture?

A) Chitanda
B) Breasts
C) Chitanda's Breasts
Spoiler
kinda got an Iris Zero Vibe from this
*///* Love his bed hair!
I don't know why but I really like this series (anime). When this was uploaded, I was like....
Posted Image
@harryisme : Oreki translating with his "save energy" thing. lol
THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATES!! 8D
@ Tio Alexander The reason for delay is obvious, Oreki is doing the translations :P
Houtaro 'mehs' too much in this one. Kinda reminds me of someone I know.
THERE'S A CHAPTER!! BANZAI!! \(^_^)/

Posted Image

Thank you, Vistrans! :)
i like oreki too. the anime is cool and from the 1 ch so is the manga. bbut i've always wonder why oreki didn't just said "i don't know" and leave. it would be quite faster that way. i understand that there would be no manga or anime this way but still given his motto he should've done sth like that. but well that's just my opinion as a person that hates doing troublesome things
this is so boring man
this is so boring man
even if there's a 2nd season, it will come out after a long break (most likely longer than 2 years). Why? Because there are only 5 volumes of the light novel and most of them were already covered by anime (4th volume consists of short stories, for example episodes 21 and 22 are from this volume). The only volume left is 5th which is quite lengthy so they may release it as a shorter season (12 episodes or just as ovas). This is just my opinion not backed by any official announcement. Last volume was published in 2010 so maybe next one will come out soon...
Delicious manga, Oreki is my type of main character.
Will there be a second season of hyouka?
I hope someone talked to Kai.
If anyone would like to scanlate this, let me know and I can provide you with HQ raws. Please be a part of a credible group before you message me.
@Tio Alexander thanks, more reason to look forward to season 2, if there is :D
@tranhieu : You mean Eru-chan boobs? Ah, that's because that was cover when they're at Second Year.

Maybe Houtarou massaging them. lol *kiddin*
'they' are a lot bigger than anime's!
Yes, where's the chapter?
Where are the chapters~~ :(
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y1FTEm2g9nc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics