Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.07 - 106votes)

Takamagahara

Alt Names: alt タカマガハラalt Takama-ga-hara
Author: Kawai Juzou
Artist: Kawai Juzou
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Inside of every human lie dormant superpowers. Our main characters is one of the 5 yamada brothers, who are known for their brutal strength. Even though his brothers are strong and seek strength, he, Yamato, has no interest in seeking strength. Yamato wants to draw manga. Later on, his normal life will end on that day by him awakening his hidden dormant divine gift.
Go to Takamagahara Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Time Skip New Window Silent44
  • 2 Replies
Topic What do you think? New Window EndlessNight
  • 5 Replies

238 Comments

CooL !!!!
this manga is great! i'm glad that magico is gone
this manga is great! i'm glad that magico is gone
Looks like one of Sorachi's oneshots, but without gintama style jokes.
this is good but i bet in the end they'll feel like axing this and end a perfectly good manga
That was a really well drawn punch, I really like the face waves that were made
Whoa... sugoi!! Just with one punch Yamada Yamato can reconstruct his enemy face to be the troll face!

Spoiler
haha he reminds me of a Saikou who came in this manga without Index
I... will break that illusion of yours!!
Chaper 2 Page 23 Bottom Pannel is win!
People please, falcon punch has fire emiting from it.
The main remembers me of touma blessed right hand that can pucnh people and knock them out in an instant.
Honestly im surprised this managed to get a spot on jump, not that i think is bad but i can't imagine such a basic plot standing the test of time, people constantly complain about overused plots but special abilities,highschool and upcoming tournament like event feels like an average shounen manga where nothing really stands out enough for it to be unique (compared to countless shounen manga from any number of publishers) in my opinion. Since its only been 2 chapters it's premature to rush conclusions but i really hope we get to see something worth looking forward to, since that is the goal of any series.
At the end of the second chapter, I could have sworn I hear the Imagine Breaker's SFX when Yamato's fist connected with the crazy guy's face.
all guys... all guys... all guys... all guys... all guys... all guys... all guys... all guys... all guys... all guys... all guys...
this shit is a "Weapon production".
The real reason or his divine power:
Spoiler
It's not just aimed at you. It's aimed at a bunch of people. The same thing was said about Ansatsu Kyoushitsu when the first chapter of that was released. To me it sounds like people are complaining that there's a typical Shounen manga in Shounen Jump. I don't like how some things end up getting cancelled either, but it happens. Whatever is low gets axed. I was disappointed before when Metallica Metalluca got axed. I thought it was good. But it wasn't good enough to the majority. It happens. If there were manga's that got cancelled for this and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu then I wouldn't know because I didn't read them. It just shows you that some things come to an end to make room for new stuff. Either way, Bakuman was a great manga that opened my eyes to how jump and manga really works.
@tio alexander
if it's unpopular, it's cancelled. that's how jump works and the reason they stay in the top so far
The power of that right arm. He's been doing late night training sessions, if you know what I mean. xD
@lLuffyl : Sumimasen. I'm not saying JUMP is not good. Many JUMP manga is good and this manga has potential. It's just that sometimes we're mad with the way JUMP looking at the value of manga and suddenly got canceled.
I really don't understand the comments like "Oh it's a typical jump manga." No duh? It's jump; that's what they write and run in the magazine. I like variety too that's why I read stuff from other magazines. That comment just bugs me. Just branch out and read other stuff. No need to sit here and cry about it if you don't like it or want to read it.

Anyway, I liked it. The family is hilarious. I'm hoping unlocking his ability will get him to train with his brothers more and inspire him to write a better manga than the poop that he wrote. We'll see where it goes like with any new manga.
@kaj100 I agree for the most part, but I think the story is not decent, but just has potential. So far the story is pretty typical for a shounen manga.

Hopefully the author uses the main character Yamato's love for manga not as a secondary feature but as a primary feature to drive the story along.
me like much, like a lot much, FIIIGGGHHHTTT!!
Another JUMP kah?

and another manga got canceled for sacrifice.
following.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics