Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.31 - 26votes)

Hana to Harinezumi

Alt Names: alt 花とハリネズミalt 花与猬alt Flower and Hedgehog
Author: Yamada
Artist: Yamada
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tsukasa is the student council president, and he's very attractive. However, while girls love his looks, he's really unsociable. Lately, he's been showing up at school with wounds on his face. One day, Asada Hana, who has a big crush on Tsukasa, decides to follow him. She learns that he is secretly trying to befriend a stray dog he found, and it bites him a lot. Will this shared secret help Hana get closer to her crush?
Go to Hana to Harinezumi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

66 Comments

Is it me or do I get the feeling that her friend would love to see School Days.
questioning it as a shounen is pretty pointless and shooting the magazine for profits is pointless too. usually you DONT do that because it decreases profits, its not set in stone that shounen and shoujo have to be a certain way, it's just what usually appeals to readers. if they want to put these elements into their shounen magazine, that's up to them. if they are getting profits, then they are not forsaking their fanbase apparently. Remember Square Enix is that company that makes all those romancy soap opera games in the first place, so their audience might enjoy romance more.
I think I heard Fujoshi's squeals from afar while reading this chapter...
"They were asking for it", is what I said when they started that little role-playing.
Thanks a lot for the new chapter Seinagi!!
Dafreak....I don't care if they say it's shounen. This is standard bread-and-butter shoujo romance. The kind of stuff I hate from the depths of my soul. If you boys like this, go read shoujo romance.
How in the world is this shounen? This is as much shounen as Kimi ni Todoke. It's just another blunt shoujo manga with the typical cliches just not as bad as they're in most of the other shoujos.
If it's true that the only other work this artist ever did was a bleack yaoi doujin then that lone should tell the reader everything he has to know and it makes me wonder who would try to label this as shounen.

A short check brought up that it's published by Square Enix who a long time ago has forsaken it's former audience and is happily publishing Shoujo, Shounen and even stuff aimed at Fuyoshi in an attempt to maximize profit. Who would've thought?
LOL I love how the author used the meme faces!
Her expressions are priceless
Wow, she trips and the door closes. Bye Bye...
thats an unexpectedly in depth answer library man! though it doesnt mean much since i agreed with you in the first place, i really agree with the way you look at it
Attis: No. Playful, but not sarcastic. And I find it amusing that someone is saying "It's a known fact" about a question of aesthetics and taste. Especially one that's likely to see diametrically opposed opinions between different fan camps.
Hmmm, how to put this? While I agree the men in shoujo are often somewhat stylized, that doesn't mean they aren't well done. They are successfully doing what they're intended to do, which may not be the same as what you'd prefer them to be doing. Still, there's a reason I said "bishies" rather than "male characters".

Thing is, this particular male lead keeps being referred to as extremely, perhaps incredibly, handsome. But frankly, his looks have little impact. When a shoujo mangaka claims someone is incredibly handsome, they do what you should do in that situation: Go a bit over the top, make the person a bit unearthly, a true bishounen. They'd do what this artist would/could not, because "nobody draws the bishies like shoujo mangaka." I suppose the artist could go a different direction, make him incredibly rugged-looking or something, but that wasn't done either--this guy ain't no Viggo Mortensen. Rather, he's someone heading towards a bishounen look who doesn't really cut it.

And really, I'm evaluating the guy characters from a female perspective. My personal feelings about male looks aren't really the issue--I don't swing that way anyhow.
She just got trolled by a subway... I read only to watch the stupid faces she's making
( http://vatoto.com/read/_/118459/hana-to-harinezumi_ch3_by_seinagi/20 )
Thanks for the new chapter Seinagi!
@ Attis
i like how males are drawn in shoujo better, they are more moe -.-. in shounen they are more manly, this is true. but then we can easily switch this around and say females are increadibly sexualized and cutified in shounen -.-. ah how the human eye loves eye candy
Aww, she's so young! I can't wait to see what kind of adventure she'll get herself in next.
@Attis

WHUT?
This girl is stupid. She holds his secret so why can't she just blackmail him into becoming her lover, or even better, force him to let her play with his cawk. Easy cake, man.

@ Purple Library Guy

lol is that supposed to be a sarcastic comment? "nobody draws the bishies like shoujo mangaka"? Give me a break, it's a known fact that most male mangaka draw better looking men who, well, actually look, and behave like men compared to their female counterpart.
Aw, c'mon, TheRater, don' be so harsh on it. The girl's turmoils are fairly turmoily; she'd fit right into a fairly comedic shoujo. The guy . . . OK, I'll admit for a guy who's supposed to be megahandsome he's, well, nobody draws the bishies like shoujo mangaka. And his broodingness is distinctly unconvincing by shoujo standards. But still, I think it's pretty fun.
no offense but dont compare this to shoujo, i love shoujo, this does not live up to the great stereoptypes of shoujo. where are my over flowery backgrounds, inner turmoils of a young girl, and most importantly, the handsome male lead?
I love the drawings! but... I wish the plot was as good....
This would a be a great shoujo comedy, I feel like it'd really appeal to that demographic. I have no idea who's idea it was to market it as shounen, because most dedicated shounen fans won't like this.
Ohhh Megane Guy
To be honest I didn't like the first episode that much... but the second episode was hilarious.
Genres: Posted Image ComedyPosted Image RomancePosted Image School LifePosted Image Shoujo
Fixed?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics