Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.89 - 54votes)

Cyber Alice and Inaba-kun

Alt Names: alt Cyber-Alice and Inaba-kunalt Dennou Alice to Inaba-kunalt 電脳アリスと因幡くん
Author: Kusaka Shinya
Artist: Fujinari Takumi
Genres: Drama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShoujo ShoujoShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shuuichi Inaba is a student of a special high school for young prodigies and one of the users of the newest and most popular application called 'Alice in Cyberland' - an app with an AI that enables its users to talk to them as with any other human. When some of the students of his high school start to get attacked by a mysterious culprit, Shuuichi is determined to find out who it is. In his investigation, he stumbles upon 'Alice' - a special kind of program, which, in return for helping him with the case, demands only to know something he would usually never tell anyone - his biggest and deepest secret.
Go to Cyber Alice and Inaba-kun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

83 Comments

What a shock and delusion to found out that "Alice" is a guy...
I think that the author must redeem himself so that later you discover that the real Alice is a girl, possibly as beautiful as the avatar of "Alice"! (maybe exactly as her!).
Otherwise it would be an absolute waste of such a beautiful character design (Alice) and - IMHO - this manga would drop a lot of interest ..

It would make more sense, and be more shoujo, if Alice was some hot naked prince... Oh, Wait....

all shoujo means is that its target audience is girls... which by the way, isn't restricted to high school romances. this is nowhere near dark enough to warrant itself any other tag, and the art style definitely caters to girls rather than to boys. by the way, kaori yuki stories are infinitely more graphic and mature than this series, but they are still shoujo— simply because they're aimed at girls. just because archetypes exist within the shoujo genre doesn't mean that's all the tag is applicable to. 

This. I haven't even read this manga (was just checking for how well it was received before starting to read), but the magazine its published in strictly determines the demographic. The art style, the "dark" story and other stereotypes regarding certain demographics are trivial matters.

all shoujo means is that its target audience is girls... which by the way, isn't restricted to high school romances. this is nowhere near dark enough to warrant itself any other tag, and the art style definitely caters to girls rather than to boys. by the way, kaori yuki stories are infinitely more graphic and mature than this series, but they are still shoujo— simply because they're aimed at girls. just because archetypes exist within the shoujo genre doesn't mean that's all the tag is applicable to. 

Somehow, I doubt gouging someone's eyes out and solving murders falls under the 'shoujo' category, lol. Just because something runs in a shoujo magazine, doesn't mean it must automatically be turned into a shoujo series.

>Anything else?
>Nope

*shoots*.

Oh Alice.

2ryna86.gif

There is actually shoujo with this kind of stuff. It isn't a lot but it has its stable fanbase I guess. The thing is that the publisher must have thought that this manga was more suitable for shoujo than for shounen readers and thus put it in Asuka magazine. So the question is if you go by the target demographic of the first magazine it's been published in or the new magazine to categorize what kind of manga it is. I'm not gonna change the demographic myself but it's a valid question to think about imo.

I still can't see it as shoujo, though; it simply doesn't have enough elements to fall under that category. The only thing remotely close to it would be josei then. Like 'Are You Alice?' manga for example.

Somehow, I doubt gouging someone's eyes out and solving murders falls under the 'shoujo' category, lol. Just because something runs in a shoujo magazine, doesn't mean it must automatically be turned into a shoujo series.

There is actually shoujo with this kind of stuff. It isn't a lot but it has its stable fanbase I guess. The thing is that the publisher must have thought that this manga was more suitable for shoujo than for shounen readers and thus put it in Asuka magazine. So the question is if you go by the target demographic of the first magazine it's been published in or the new magazine to categorize what kind of manga it is. I'm not gonna change the demographic myself but it's a valid question to think about imo.

somehow, Lily <3

Since this is now running in a shoujo magazine, shouldn't the genre be "shoujo"?

Spoiler

He totally FUCKING CALLED IT.

Nooo,  Don't pick her!

Since this is now running in a shoujo magazine, shouldn't the genre be "shoujo"?

this chesire guy looks like the guy from catherine/katherine.
Ah that face was just freaking cute.

"Thank you".

My heart.
Friend request Denied!
Spoiler
What a shock and delusion to found out that "Alice" is a guy...
I think that the author must redeem himself so that later you discover that the real Alice is a girl, possibly as beautiful as the avatar of "Alice"! (maybe exactly as her!).
Otherwise it would be an absolute waste of such a beautiful character design (Alice) and - IMHO - this manga would drop a lot of interest ...
This definitely needs more "I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids" if this is going to be a mystery manga.

Spoiler
Kurose isn't being fooled. I think it's because Lily's reason for working with the malware isn't malicious. (Just wants to be with MC). So she's being left alone.
Spoiler
@elfadas I don't think it's that far >.> Alice is an increasingly used story term for depicting a foreign existence in a foreign world o.o
I think the gender bender tag is a bit unnecessary.
I cant believe
Spoiler
the moment i realised that alice wasnt real i cried
Wow this kind of went down hill with how they caught the perp.
*Sign* Disappointed.
What!?
NO!
WHY?!
Lily, I hope she isn't a naughty program and hopefully ends up helping Alice.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics