Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 249votes)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood

Alt Names: alt ファントムブラッドalt ジョジョの奇妙な冒険alt Η Παράξενη Περιπέτεια του JoJoalt JoJo no Kimyou na Boukenalt JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Phantom Bloodalt JoJo's Bizarre Adventurealt JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Jonathan Joestar: His Youthalt JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Bloodalt JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Parte 1: Phantom Bloodalt JoJo的奇妙冒险alt La Extraña Aventura de JoJo: Sangre Fantasmaalt Le bizzarre avventure di Jojo: Phantom Bloodalt Phantom Bloodalt مغامرة جوجو الغريبة الجزء 1: دماء الشبح
Author: Araki Hirohiko
Artist: Araki Hirohiko
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A series spanning generations, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure follows the Joestar bloodline as they punch through the dangers of the world.

Heading off the series we're introduced to Jonathan Joestar, the son of an aristocrat whose life is suddenly turned upside down by the arrival of a mysterious new boy - Dio Brando. An instant rivalry is formed between the two as Dio's wide ambition in societal life dwarfs over Jonathan's.

An immensely popular series, JoJo is notorious for its liberal gore, high fashion and mentalistic characters.

Part 1 of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series.

Part 2 - Battle Tendency: bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-2-battle-tendency-r5538
Part 3 - Stardust Crusaders: bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-3-stardust-crusaders-r6268
Part 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable: bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-4-diamond-is-unbreakable-r6269
Part 5 - Vento Aureo: bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo-r6270
Part 6 - Stone Ocean: bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-6-stone-ocean-r6271
Part 7 - Steel Ball Run: bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-7-steel-ball-run-r6272
Part 8 - JoJolion: bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-8-jojolion-r4880
Go to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Wallpapers and high resolution artworks New Window Gappy
  • 0 Replies
Topic Further Links and Information New Window Orthio
  • 0 Replies

42 Comments

Where are the chapters? I signed in like people suggest but how do I access the actual manga?
The first and last manga I will read on batoto
Gosh it's been so long since J read something in the style of these old comics. Its tendency to explain every situation, and make everything to be as dramatic as possible, is something I enjoy on a more relaxed level. It isn't the greatest manga written, but damn if it ain't enjoyable and a wond full child of its time.

Great manga ^^

Ugh stop saying part 1 ripped off FoTNS. The setting, characters, plot and premise are all different. The only thing similar to FoTNS is Jonathan's design and some aspects of hamon.

There are a LOT more than that. A LOT. Fucking plottwists and quotes are from there. Same with part 2 (esp Caesar's death) and even part 3.

this is my least favorite part of JoJo, but it's still really interensting

To everyone that knows they have 5 fingers in each hand on this comment section

what did you expect about the internet?

they don't even know what their name is, how could you expect them to difference Phantom Blood from Hokuto No Ken? Of course, they are c o m p l e t e l y different. You could differ people who genuinely don't like it from morons by the classical "it's generic it's a rip off of x". 

Now, from someone that is up to Jojolion, this is my favorite part, if there is a completely new reader here or someone that simply wanted to see the manga, prepare yourself and enjoy every last bit of it. (Jonathan best Jojo)

please remove color sections! take forever to load

Spoiler

Yea man, phantom blood is at least the 8th best JoJo part.

Well, you're not wrong.

Would like a way to skip over the colorized chapters...

Great banter

This have not aged well at all. Go and watch the anime instead, it´s filled with manliness.

Old as hell comment but I can't help but marvel at how stupid it is. The anime is the exact same story and characters.

Ugh stop saying part 1 ripped off FoTNS. The setting, characters, plot and premise are all different. The only thing similar to FoTNS is Jonathan's design and some aspects of hamon.

No Jojo will ever be as noble and pure as Jonathan. Or as ripped.

How do you read it? I'm on an iPhone if that makes a difference but I can't find where to read the comic

Make sure you are signed in to an account. Then click on the name of the chapter you want to read.

How do you read it? I'm on an iPhone if that makes a difference but I can't find where to read the comic

Kaneda: Really?! As I thought, my interpretation was correct.... (laugh). So, Dio originally liked Jonathan, right?

Araki: Ah, did he?! (Laugh)

Kaneda: Jonathan Joestar was a man that had everything he didn't, so Dio felt that he wanted to make Jonathan his. That sort of thing. He couldn't allow Jonathan's first kiss to be with Erina, so he did it to Erina himself.

Araki: Uh, it kinda sounds comedic if you're gonna go that far (Laugh).

Kaneda: No, but Dio thought about Jonathan seriously, but at the same time homosexuality was a serious crime in England during that era, so Dio had to hide his desires for such a future deep inside.

Araki: Uh, I guess that could be.

Kaneda: And those feelings he'd suppressed so long finally resulted in him taking over Jonathan's body.

Araki: I see. Well if you look at it at that angle, it gives the story a fresh feel, I suppose. (Laugh)

Kaneda: Dio, someone so dirtied, wanted to profess "I like you" to Jonathan. But he was unable to and then Erina took Jonathan, so through bitter tears at the end he took Jonathan's body. "Now we've finally become one, Jonathan." That sorta thing. If he'd had time to smooth his words over a bit more, he would have said that he wanted to be part of Jonathan's bloodline.

Araki: That kind of sounds like the movie "Purple Moon".

Kaneda: He wanted to become Jonathan. But I think in the end, he lost track of whether he wanted to become Jonathan or he wanted Jonathan to become his. With his noble soul that harbored such sorrow, there were men showing up that loved Dio one after another. Like in Part 3, Vanilla Ice and N'Dour and those guys. Particularly in Part 3, whenever was mentioned, they talk about his almost-transparent white skin and his bewitching charm that made it hard to believe he was a man. Even Avdol felt dizzy the first time (laugh). Even Avdol, that macho guy that liked peeing outside was attracted to Dio. So he really had an aura that attracted all types of men.

Urgh, I know that mangaka generally have a cringeworthily tiny grasp on non-Japanese history but this ... this is too much. History does not know the cause of Darnley’s death? Hah, yeah right!

Why is it too much?

That's a very low thing to do. Changing what people say because you can't accept it. It's something a child would do.

Well I'm a kid anyway so 

┐(・﹏・)┌

FTFY

That's a very low thing to do. Changing what people say because you can't accept it. It's something a child would do.

There is no way Phantom Blood could top Vento Aureo

FTFY

Spoiler

I'd say 4th

(There is no way Vento Aureo could top Phantom Blood)
Spoiler

So many complaints about bad art smh. I withstood the HxH scans so it can't be that bad.

It's honestly really sad to see so many people are saying this arc is the worse one and how it rips off Fist of the North Star and Jonathan is a Kenshiro clone. I'm really confused because Phantom Blood doesn't even come close to ripping off FotNS. Phantom Blood is definitely one the best parts of JJBA and Jonathan was great too

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics