Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 872votes)

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There!

Alt Names: alt เกท:หน่วยรบตะลุยโลกต่างมิติalt ゲート 自衛隊彼の地にて、斯く戦えりalt Gate - Au delà de la portealt Gate - Jieitai Kare no chi nite, Kaku Tatakaerialt Gate - Where the JSDF Foughtalt Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!alt Gate: Where the JSDF Fought
Author: Yanai Takumi
Artist: Sao Satoru
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSmut SmutSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day in the 21st century, a gate opened in the middle of the Ginza district of Tokyo. Out of the gate poured soldiers and strange creatures, and they soon made Ginza look like an image of hell. The gate apparently connected Japan to another world, a world with a militant empire and many supernatural creatures. The Japanese Self-Defense Force decided to send a small group, led by a soldier who's also an otaku, into the other world on a reconnaissance mission. They're meant to learn what they can about the empire (and its plans), the world, and the people.

They're hardly in the world yet, though, when they come across a village destroyed by a giant fire-breathing dragon. The only survivor is an unconscious elven girl they find hidden in a well. Now they feel like they must warn the nearby towns about the dragon, and do what they can to help. On the way, they'll meet more magical, female companions, and learn more about this dangerous new world.

http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/138000030/

adapted from the web/light novel series of the same name

Spin-offs:
Gate - Order of The Rose Knights: Piña Colada age 14.
Gate - The Starry Heavens
Go to Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gate released chapters discussion. New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic Gate - JSDF Introductions & Discussion Thread (May Contain Spoilers!) New Window Tio Alexander
  • 93 Replies
Topic What technology would you like to see on the other side? New Window nininga
  • 3 Replies
Topic What if a gate appeared in your country? New Window remmy
  • 43 Replies
Topic Web/Light Novels New Window Alchaeus
  • 3 Replies
Topic Changed the title due to English license of GATE New Window rtwpsom2
  • 1 Replies

3422 Comments

Hey Bram, it reminds me a lot of Those who hunt elves Anime. MInus the near constant stripping of elves and mid 90's references.
One day a monster and roman-like army invade Ginza and killing everyone in their way,
"In the name of his emperial majesty molt, declare the conquest and dominion of all these lands!"
with all glorious start and iwo jima-look alike picture, those army seems powerful and scary.

Only for a moment before they got a taste of apache's missiless and tanks bullets. owned!

even though the first pace quite rush, but the mixed of fantasy-modern world made this instant fave, gimme the links to chapter 7! ;A;
Chapter 7 has finished being translated, it was dumped on a thread on 4chan.
Emperor: "Burn the villages, poison the wells, salt the fields. Scorch the land so the invaders run out of supplies."
Modern Military: "Uhhh, we've got convoys and forward supply bases."
Awesome :D
Then hope that the radio works and call in air support.
I realize that they're not stranded and there's a base but I'm just saying, this group is supposedly scouting behind enemy lines, and driving as fast as people walk atm. I'm just saying, what happens if, for whatever reason, they run out of something while out there.
They aren't trapped in the fantasy world. It's a proper expedition with a supply chain.

The fact that the gate is in Japan and countries like China, America and Russian would like a bigger piece of pie, is a major plot point.
You don't run out of ammo or gas unless you have a huge battle, theres a base and a gate to resupply them.
I wonder what happens when they run out of gas/ammo/something else you can only find in modern the modern world... ?
Instant Follow,
Yeah, the Earth characters react kind of the same way about Piña's name.
This ... IS FUCKING AMAAAAAAZING!!!! This is so fucking cool. I've always dreamed of this shit.

"Wouldn't it be awesome if those weak ass, sword and board, magic and dragons, third world country, manga fantasies tasted some Apache, F-15, fully automatic, artillery, modern world military beat downs? HERE IT IS! ENJOY!" Whoever made this deserves my purchase, although I doubt I could find it translated.

Who do I thank for this shared masterpiece?! I owe them soul!
lol the dragons face, i can totally see the MC telling the dragon U mad bro?
Piña Colada? For real?

I don't think I can keep reading this from that part onwards.
Proper entry in MU?
Then don't scanlate on /a/....
I asked swiss guy, and this was the response:
"As the one who bought, scanned, and translated most of it so far: I don't really care. I would have preferred a proper entry in Mangaupdates or something."
Since when was 4chan's /a/ against online manga sites?
I thought the scanlating group does not wish for their work to be uploaded on online manga sites. Or has they changed their policy?
Looks good, I really dont think they can win i mean guns vs swords, just plain suicide if you ask me unless Magic comes to play and just blows everyone to pieces...
Currently being scanlated as part of the /ak/ scanlation project. Chapters 1-3 were done by someone else with webraws, but 4-6 were done on 4chan.
Not yet scanlated, but you can view chapters here.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics