Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 109votes)

"Bungaku Shoujo" to Shinitagari no Pierrot

Alt Names: alt "A Literary Girl" and a Clown who Dreamed of Dyingalt "Bungaku Shoujo" to Shi ni Tagari no Doukealt "Bungaku Shoujo" to Shinitagari no Pierrotalt สาววรรณกรรม/ปริศนาตัวตลกผู้สิ้นหวังalt “文学少女”と死にたがりの道化【ピエロ】alt Book Girl and the Suicidal Mimealt Bungaku Shoujo to Shi ni Tagari no Doukealt Bungaku Shoujo to Shi ni Tagari no Pierrotalt 文学少女与想死的小丑
Author: Nomura Mizuki
Artist: Kousaka Rito & Takeoka Miho
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The "mysterious school comedy" centers on the unusual members of a high school literary club. Tōko Amano, a high school senior who calls herself the "literary girl" as the club president, is actually a supernatural creature (yōkai) that devours stories — she tears pages from books to munch on them. Her club subordinate is Konoha Inoue, a second-year high school boy who writes stories every day for Amano to eat. He once wrote an award-winning novel, but he wrote it under the penname Miu Inoue so readers thought the author was a mysterious 14-year-old bishōjo novelist. The stress from the novel's fame and its movie and television drama plans turned Inoue in an introverted recluse.

adapted from the "Bungaku Shoujo" series of light novels

Sequel:

> "Bungaku Shoujo" to Ue Kawaku Yuurei
bato.to/comic/_/comics/bungaku-shoujo-to-ue-kawaku-yuurei-r6832

Side Stories:
> "Bungaku Shoujo" to Koisuru Poet
bato.to/comic/_/comics/bungaku-shoujo-to-koisuru-poet-r11639
> "Bungaku Shoujo" to Oishii Recipe
bato.to/comic/_/comics/bungaku-shoujo-to-oishii-recipe-r11640
Go to "Bungaku Shoujo" to Shinitagari no Pierrot Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Wonderful TOTALLY WOnderfull!!! New Window stukov
  • 2 Replies

26 Comments

It's very good! Didn't expect it, really. Tbh, up until half of the series, I thought Tooko is literary literature-eater-ghost who possessed the club.

Spoiler

the mystery is who is the suicidal clown and the answer is

Spoiler

10/10, best mystery manga I've ever read in my entire life! :D

(even though a the mixing between reality and perspective and letter content confused me a LOT in the beginning, it wrapped it all up at the end. Makes for a VERY touching story.)

It's a fairly good read. I enjoyed the numerous references to different authors, both local (Japanese) and foreign (the Gallico reference tickled me silly because he is one of my favorite authors). The drawings are kind of raw, but it's okay. I enjoyed some of the whimsical sequences and the sudden changes in perspective...but on occasion it could be jarring and confusing. Perhaps it is the style of the author, but I believe it would have been better had she alternated the

Spoiler
That way the flow would've been smoother. Another issue for me is the fact that all that after all that build up, the plot turned out to be incredibly simple in the end...so simple it was almost fantastic. Even the supposed climax ended too quickly, almost with a razor-knife precision.

The main characters themselves aren't as fleshed out as I wanted them to be. So much mystery remains regarding the 

Spoiler
These characters though interesting remained raw uncut gems, and so it was quite difficult to get emotionally invested in them and in the story. 

Overall, though, it kind of reminded me of a less polished version of H. Murakami's works. I appreciated the artists portrayal of a psychopathic mindset though, and of depression, and how old seemingly thoughtless actions can lead to so much regret. 

Rated 3/5

This manga's really nice, but I'm not that big a fan of the art, and the original novel is better. This seems a bit less serious than the novel, and Konoha seems kinda different in either form.

It's still Bungaku Shoujo though, so I can't really complain. ^^

an amazing read, don't pass on this one!

The manga doesn't go in any direction you might think it would go based on the introduction. It seems chaotic and random until the end, and even then feels a bit unsettling.

tehehehe... i don't know whether to laugh or be sad... but i guess laugh won.. cause i LOL'ed anyways... thanks to Tooko senpai!! hehehehehe

Haha, it was interesting. I couldn't stop midway and read throug the end in one full swep

It's hilarious because I had a friend named S too.
I'm actually at a loss for words to describe how much I enjoyed this. It is quite an incredible story and I hope that it continues for a very long time.
This story is so incredibly Japanese, boring into the very soul of those tormented teenagers. There really is a culture gap - and mangas allowing to cross that gap aren't numerous.

I'm glad I read it, basically :)
Hopefully sequel gets translated completely soon. This feels unfinished, as it doesn't tell anything about Konohas past.
Ok, I'll admit that the mystery itself lost my interest at some point. It in and of itself was nothing special.
But the characters here were amazing. Surprisingly rich and deep characters, with brightness and intensity to them. They sucked me in and trapped me in their personalities. I couldn't stop reading.
Wonderful stuff.
sequelineedsequelwhereisthesequeldamntellmenowgoddamnitandthefuckinprequeltoo.
Awesome story is awesome
interesting, surprising twists.
Thank you Random button for bringing me here.
Alot of wasted potential.
The Movie is awesome and so are the OVAs
Great read. Gotta love that Random button! XD
So much wasted potential :<
Unexpectedly good mystery, I got lost a few times in it. Just needs more "Would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!" lines.
When is the sequel going to be translated? Aw its gonna be so sad. T_T
Yey finally complete. Thx FAD2Raptor. Will wait for the sequel then.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics