Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 274votes)

3-gatsu no Lion

Alt Names: alt 3月のライオンalt March Comes in Like a Lionalt Sangatsu no Lionalt Un marzo da leonialt Мартовский лев
Author: Umino Chica
Artist: Umino Chica
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kiriyama Rei is a 17 year old professional shogi player and very good at it, but in real life, he has nothing. Quiet and not very social, Rei has no family, no friends, and he doesn't go to school. He is acquainted with a neighboring woman named Akari who is single-handedly raising her two younger sisters, Momo and Hinata.
This is a slice-of-life-ish seinen manga, with strong monologues and reflections by Rei.

Nominated for the 2nd Manga Taisho Award (2009) and the 4th Manga Taisho Award (2011). Winner of the 35th Kodansha Manga Awards for Best General Manga with Uchuu Kyoudai
Go to 3-gatsu no Lion Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed 3-gatsu no Lion New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies
Topic Who do you want Akari to end up with? New Window RaRaRasputin
  • 20 Replies
Topic Episodes Discussion New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 9 Replies
Topic Spoilers thread New Window RaRaRasputin
  • 10 Replies
Topic Almost in a Class of its' Own New Window Comadrin
  • 36 Replies
Topic Made a TV Tropes page for this series New Window Vance Finiraldi
  • 4 Replies

614 Comments

It looks lighthearted, but it's actually deep. And the characters are really lovely~! (The cats are hilarious!!) I can't help but to feel sad for some instances, but ultimately smile at the heartwarming scenes. It's just bittersweet. Gah!! My feelings... it's complicated.

I really hope to see more of this manga!!
cute drawings.
:3
It's funny that something with this quality has so few chapters compared to what was already released, and most generic ecchi stuff is given another treatment. It makes me sad.
Eatcake: That's not a big surprise, what with "Honey and Clover", which is godlike.
. . . I just hope the main character gets a happier resolution in this one.
<3 Akari, shes so strong
Call me shallow, but my most favorite characters are the cats :3
great, new chapter. i love this manga. thx
If you stay with this manga, it will has some of the best character development and storytelling you've ever read in any media
gatou looks like the crazy guy from baccano, amazong manga why has this not been made into an anime yet.....sigh
awesome...
poor man, he have serious issues
the chapters are just too short...
There are very few series as good as this.
simply breathtaking, the narration is really good, and the art matches the feelings trying to be transmited by the narrator. though it says this is about shougi, it's not. you can apply this story and the characters situation to any kind of world, be it competition or daily life or fantasy or sports. a really good story about life and the author succeeds completely in telling it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics