Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 240votes)

Shi ni Itaru Yamai

Alt Names: alt Death to diseasealt 死に至る病
Author: Asada Hikari
Artist: Seguchi Takahiro
Genres: Drama DramaMedical MedicalMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This is the mysterious story of Futaba Kazuma's first patient. At 18, Futaba Kazuma went to school to get his qualification in clinical psychology. While attending school, he boards at a creepy mansion, which even has a butler. Also living there is a strange young woman called Emiru. She is suffering from a terminal illness of the heart --- despair. This deep psychological problem has eerie physical effects as well: her hair has turned white, her body temperature is well below normal, and her blood pressure is also bizarre. No psychologists or counselors have been able to help cure her of this problem. Will Kazuma be able to determine the cause of Emiru's despair and save her before it's too late?
Go to Shi ni Itaru Yamai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic sth weird New Window veraya
  • 0 Replies
Topic So, the ending... [spoiler] New Window Cake-kun
  • 4 Replies

106 Comments

@ Whatever_
Spoiler
usually i understand a ending easily but.... did she die because of her disease? was she to weak? and who is that girl from the end of the last chapter ( its not here yet ) ? is it her form after finding happines ?
it was a good read
Well I guess everybody can disregard my last post this story kept bothering me so I went ahead and read it all I hadn't realized it was already finished and now I can honestly say this manga was stupid....but in a good way.
Can someone please explain what this is about? i'm like 4 chapters in and it doesn't really seem like its going anywhere or atleast I dont understand it.
I just realized that there actually IS one more chapter. Looking forward to it!!
Just finished the last chapter. Was only going to read a couple tonight, but I ended up reading the whole thing in one sitting, it was that good. I recommend this. It's heartwrenching at times, but not always in a sad way.

I just wish there was one more chapter, to wrap things up a bit better. The ending was okay as-is, but it's not my style of ending... I like a bit more shown of the aftermath.
Hm, this is really good.

I just hope it updates...
I remember a similar dilemma at manga "Enchanter" and somehow recalled a visual novel " Saya no Uta"(probably because of the monster reference).
P.S. I think the conclusion of this drama is already shown, so what we see is basically a very long flashback.
the MC has some balls deciding to murder the 4 years old emiru haha
a nice story but I can't see a happy ending for our MC, he'll be alone for baby sitting I think
1 more chapter to go...
I haven't found this to be all that sad yet, I see it as more of a happy story then a tragedy but, it's undeniably a great manga to say the least.

Although I said it seems to be more happy then sad(in my opinion), it is quite pitiful that such a girl could be that unlucky. I look forward to seeing the conclusion to this story.
finished reading all the latest chapters and, omg this really pulls on you.
and im reading in the dark and i think if i turn around that monster will be on the wall T_T
I haven't felt this emotional over an anime/manga since AIR. Though sad, it's a truely moving piece of work.

y u tug on my heart strings like this, Asada Hikari? Q_Q
@pointy

When you mean worst possible time do you mean that
Spoiler
Spoiler
when reading the Description, i thought '' SHE'S A ZOMBIE ''
it took me 14 Chapters to get it, then I feel like crying all of the sudden T.T
I'm on Chapter 8, but I really must say this. I feel that the text in each bubble is detailed, but the bubble isn't really cramped or filled to the brim.
Some manga just have a lot of detail and sometimes I just get lost
Wouldn't it be weird and considered child molestation if for some apparent reason, while they are doing it.. Emiru switches personality of a 4yr old?
Really good.
Oh damn I think I know whats going to happen

My prediction:
Spoiler

Would make my heart churn, it would.
One of the most captivating mangas i've read recently... awesome
Oh, man, I thought I'd lost this one! Read some of it before and then forgot the title, you know how it is. But now I found it again!
Of course, as I recall it's pretty depressing so maybe it's a case of "be careful what you ask for". But it is pretty good.
Shame she had to go bye bye.
She looks like a vampire from the picture.....so i guess she is..........this is just a guess.....

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics