Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.29 - 21votes)

Bara no Tame ni

Alt Names: alt Bara no Tamenialt 薔薇のためにalt 蔷薇之恋alt For The Rosealt For the Sake of the Rosealt Güllerin Hatrınaalt Hoa Hồng Tóc Ngắnalt 장미를 위하여
Author: Yoshimura Akemi
Artist: Yoshimura Akemi
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After being dumped, followed closely by her grandmother's sudden death, the chubby Yuri is left broke and homeless. That is until she discovers that her grandmother had been lying to her for years. Her mother is not dead, but is in fact a famous movie star, and very much alive.

Upon arriving at her mother's house, she meets her three new beautiful siblings, all from different fathers. Her new-found family is filled with hilarious oddities, ranging from laziness to drunkenness to gay incest. She is constantly antagonized by her brothers Sumire and Aoi. And her sister Fuyou does little to help. And thus Yuri becomes little more than a maid in the household, catering to her siblings needs while her mother travels the world. But as Yuri's warmth fills the house which before had been so cold...what will happen between her and her brothers? Can they come to see each other as siblings before it's too late?

The series received the Shogakukan Manga Award for Shōjo in 1994.
Go to Bara no Tame ni Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

38 Comments

At the hint of a request from a very respected member of this forum, I got ahold of the tankobons for this series and scanlated the next chapter.  The printed books were rather old and yellowed, and this shows in some smudging towards the edges of the pages.  I do what I can, but often cannot see everything that needs fixing until it is posted here on Batoto, since Batoto uses a white background for its normal pages.  Photoshop does not, and so the problems are less visible there.

Anyway, enjoy!  I hope you will find my work up to par.

Do my eyes deceive me?  An update!

It seems one comes every time I despair of ever seeing another chapter.  I must work on despairing faster.

Thanks for the update, missed this.

Didn't expect much at first - actually I did think it was going to be weird - and thought I was going to get annoyed fast. But at some point when I was reading I realized all the characters had grown on me quite a bit. I...am proudly Team Fuyou. She's my fave.

That main romance now has my chest tightening every chapter. Been a while since I've read something so bittersweet.

Dunno about this. Every chapter seems to be more of the same circle-jerk.

Those Guys are annoying me, especially Aoi is annoying as hell.

Yaay! Let the joy overflow my mind :) Thanks for the chapter

Ah, another great chapter.  Thanks Drop3njoy and, um, SweetSense if you're still out there.

Darn it! I just chanced upon this after a really long time and was happy thinking it was being actively scann

Scratch that, I just saw the Drop3njoy website and am happy again. :3

I hope Drop3njoy continues this series, now that SweetSense is inactive.  :/

So beautiful.

Mmm, some updates.  So good.  This manga deserves a way, way bigger following.  Thanks for uploading AnpanMayo!

Hum, that is, to clarify, some of the earlier chapters had poor raws and clunky translations. Which is a pity, because actually I quite like the art, which is rather different from the average.
This is actually one of my favourite manga. It's strange, if you read the description it sounds like a melodramatic mess, or maybe a bizarre, surreal study in darkness.
It's nothing of the sort. Oddly down to earth, with touching emotion and hilarious character-driven comedy, I just can't get enough of this one. Hardly any of the characters really fit any typical manga archetypes--they're all very much their own people, including the main character, who comes alive despite being a pretty middle of the road person, not extremely bubbly or extremely quiet or extremely spunky or extremely wimpy, the mangaka builds her personality the hard way rather than hanging out a couple of dominant traits. She's also, refreshingly, not particularly good looking. You know all those girls in shoujo who think of themselves as average and maybe the hottest girls or the prince guys call them average, but looking at them they're obviously totally cute? She doesn't look like that. She's not ugly, but she's a bit plump and has a kind of round, plainish face and what attracts me to her is just that she's a pretty likeable person.
A couple of times it's been dropped and then picked up, or left alone for a long time, and I keep on checking religiously hoping for an update, so I am very grateful to SweetSense and Drop3njoy for the new update. For those of you new to Bara no Tame Ni, I'm telling you: Take the trouble. Go find the earlier volumes. Suffer through poor raws and sometimes clunky translations, and read it anyway. You'll thank me later.
Vol. 01 - 06 can't be hosted here due to JanimeS' policy.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics