Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.45 - 85votes)

Last Ranker -Be the Last One-

Alt Names: alt Last Ranker - Be the Last Onealt Last Ranker -Be the Last One
Author: Ueda Satoshi
Artist: Ueda Satoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Bazalta is a combat association, in which the combatants, or Rankers, are ranked according to their strength. The higher rank you get, the more wealth, fame and power you get, and you may even get the ability to change the world. In short, in Bazalta, "strength is everything".

Zig, a young boy from Cantalera, a wandering tribe where fighting and wanting to become stronger is prohibited; after his father fell victim of some monsters, decides to train against the tribe rules, and seeing how despite his training he couldn't save the inhabitants of the tribe from the monsters, he decides to set off on a journey to join Bazalta and make his way to the top.

-Based on a video game published by Capcom and developed by Imageepoch Inc.
Go to Last Ranker -Be the Last One- Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window TiM
  • 2 Replies

107 Comments

@Grim : It is already finished in its country of origin and has three volumes.

The country was getting translated in September 2010 but seem to have dropped after. The group that had previously been translating it had been closed down by its own leader.

Seems like Utopia (which is a Spanish & English translator group seems to have taken it back up)
is it weekly or monthly manga?
THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Woah this is freaking sweet, the action is superb, the characters really do leave a good impression and really no over edge cliffhangers.

We NEED MORE OF THIS, LOTS MORE
Seems interesting, I see that people compare it with ToG and fair enough, there are ressemblances but I doubt it will go the same way at all. Followed because I'm interested in this manga, hope it won't disappoint me but I doubt so.
It's been a while since this was last updated
Why do I get 404 error on chapter 3!!
To the people saying it's cheesy: There are a lot of cheesy manga, but not many that actually continue to be good. Hopefully this one will keep it's current pace and not go for the money-making, overly stretched storyline. I kind of like it right now.
I'm loving this manga so far, you got action, romance and a kick ass MC. MORE PWEASE
who could it be?
The man with the long hair?
Certainly not the OTHER guy with long hair in the chapter,
He was a dick.

...Things like this are my guilt pleasure.
Even if the protagonist is named Zig.

...follow...
You can't judge such a story with only 3 chapters. Followed.
Great art but the story is so cheesy and rushed.
i hope this get updated everytime, LIKE! more please! XD
Too stereotypical shounen that it's cheesy...
@azrith Rpg scenario?? Last ranker is an RPG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Ranker and the manga is made later... =.=
well personally when i am making a walkthrough for this game... the story actually quite good ,while well.. the missions somewhat annoying since it uses some repetitive area to clear a mission (like FF7crisis core) but over all it's an great game even tho it doesn't have a replay value(unless you wanna try and take different strategies and Weapon/skills combination). and i think the story is too short ~_~ if just the story is longer it would be better.

and well about the rank system? i forgot if it's the same or not with the game(since it's been a long time i play it). well, there is a requirement to defeat a bunch of rankers to challenge a higher ranks and zig will got like a skill chip. and the difference must not be far than 5000(or i dunno how much kinda forgot) to challenge someone from the higher ranks.. except they're the one who challenge you. since well the rank proof that you're strong enough to challenge them and not wasting their time fighting against a bunch of noobs... somekind like that. and I agree with defry lol

. jumping over the heads of 300 seniors by completing single quest, wth?<=== emm... well it's quite valid since well... imagine if all of lower ranks take a tough quest... not all of them will be able to reach the boss right?, if someone good enough to finish that quest, it means that they are stronger than a bunch of people who take that quest right?(even tho may be they are 300 rank higher than you are) so 300 rank is not much from 95000. You can say it's like a survival of the fittest.. because u're not the only one taking the quests right? and actually there is a limitation of ranks to take a quest... (not sure tho it's written or i remembered it wrong). There is a quest you can only take if your rank is D and there is a quest you can take if your rank is B... somekind like that. so you can say quests is to find the strongest one from the group, and he will achieve C rank :)
Well, its realistic for warriors not to accept duels from lower rankers. I mean, if you join the ranker system for a stable life or rich or other motivation, then you're not interested in the goals of a warrior or the goals of becoming strong, you won't have the pride or that sort of determination.
It's realistic this way I think.

Anyway, I think this manga has allot of potential... plot wise but if they improve a bit the combat mechanics or if the draw the actions a bit better, it would become a top manga.

I don't think it's deja vu or copied of ToG, it does have similarities... though most mangas have some similarities if we examine them, it's all about what attracts people and what makes things interesting.
hmm i kinda dont like how high ranked warriors dont accept low ranked warriors challenges, but i guess if you call them a chicken they would accept so the main character is an idiot
the plot is too cheesy... meh.
Cool game turned manga.... I hope the game creators would release it in english.....
I was thinking this reminded me of FLAGS, though the two are vastly different, so I checked the author/artist. Sure enough, same person. Fortunately, I liked FLAGS. I was sad when it was cancelled. I hope this series is seen through to a proper end.
story itself isn't bad, but ranking system seems invalid. jumping over the heads of 300 seniors by completing single quest, wth? obviously reward should be not rank, but some sort of abstract merit points.
anyway, isn't rpg scenario a bit overused recently? i hardly see difference with sword arts online, for example.
So happy this is being picked up againPosted Image
An androgynous female named "Yuri", that's subtle (it really is not).
Some1 already uploaded and chapter 1. Looks good so far :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics