Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.23 - 121votes)

I, The Female Robot

Alt Names: alt Female Robotalt I the Female Robotalt I, The Female Robotalt I, The Female Robot 2alt I, the Female Robot 2alt Wo, nĂ¼ jiqirenalt Wo, nĂ¼ jiqiren 2alt 我,女机器人alt 我,女机器人1+2部
Author: Wang Guo Qiang & Wang Le Yang
Artist: Wang Guo Qiang & Wang Le Yang
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaSci-fi Sci-fiTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Since she was young, Qi Qi has been burdened with an incurable disease that will cause her death before the age of 20. Despite this, she uses her genius intellect to develop robotics in order to defy her fate. However, she is inevitably unable to create a robotic body for herself before her time is up. As her vision darkens, she is not satisfied... Only to awaken again?

Original Webcomic: http://www.u17.com/comic/3420.html
Go to I, The Female Robot Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

462 Comments

I haven't decided on my opinion on this story yet, but the fact that there is a mysterious 3rd faction that is trying to assist Qi Qi's escape is interesting. It obviously wasn't her that created the fake virus, falsified the ship's surveillance cameras, and is now preventing the people from escaping the ship. So who is?

Isn't it her doing it accidentally? As well as the robot body seems to be able to do a lot of these things subconciously.

I haven't decided on my opinion on this story yet, but the fact that there is a mysterious 3rd faction that is trying to assist Qi Qi's escape is interesting. It obviously wasn't her that created the fake virus, falsified the ship's surveillance cameras, and is now preventing the people from escaping the ship. So who is?

I like it, thanks for the translations.

This looks like something that Ben Dunn drew when he was a toddler...

and you sound like crap

I'm not sure them being bonkers helps :)

I'd forgotten about the Zeroth Law . . . I haven't read much later Asimov, was that a later-on thing?

The Zeroth law came later when the robots in Asimov's stories decided that compared to protecting human life, an even more important goal was protecting "humanity" itself. Thus, they could harm people if they concluded that it would benefit humanity as a whole. Humans did not program in the Zeroth law, the most intelligent robots came up with it on their own. In Asimov's books the robots continued to act benevolently although there were some moral grays in their blatant manipulation of humanity. (For example, the robots decided to slowly render Earth uninhabitable to persuade people to leave a stagnant culture and immigrate to space. Although it's implied this turned out well for humanity in the long run, the people living on Earth at the time weren't too happy.)

This looks like something that Ben Dunn drew when he was a toddler...

Well, the ones that broke the laws tended to go absolutely bonkers. And then you have the Zeroth Law.

I'm not sure them being bonkers helps :)

I'd forgotten about the Zeroth Law . . . I haven't read much later Asimov, was that a later-on thing?

Well, yeah, but we've never seen whether those laws are feasible in real life or whether contradictions would hobble performance.  Or whether it's even workable to have something both be a truly sentient intelligence and completely governed by such prime directives.  Even Asimov's own stories were often dominated by flaws in the Three Laws that caused robots to go off kilter, although not in murderous ways.  Eventually in the Susan Calvin stories he had sentient computers quietly take over, "for our own good".  On the plus side, they did a really good job.

Spoiler

Well, the ones that broke the laws tended to go absolutely bonkers. And then you have the Zeroth Law.

And no one has ever heard of Asimov's Laws. Um, hello, those are supposed to prevent things like robot wars.

Well, yeah, but we've never seen whether those laws are feasible in real life or whether contradictions would hobble performance.  Or whether it's even workable to have something both be a truly sentient intelligence and completely governed by such prime directives.  Even Asimov's own stories were often dominated by flaws in the Three Laws that caused robots to go off kilter, although not in murderous ways.  Eventually in the Susan Calvin stories he had sentient computers quietly take over, "for our own good".  On the plus side, they did a really good job.

Spoiler

Ugh, its like the author has no concept of what AI is.

And no one has ever heard of Asimov's Laws. Um, hello, those are supposed to prevent things like robot wars.

I'll have to give you a hardy thank you for keeping the series in mind all these years. With Japanese manga you can assume it might get licensed and the number of places to purchase it is high, but manhua are still rare in the English community so I though I'd never see this again. I wish you and the new translator good luck, and all of my thanks.

same i saw the first chapter on MR.net when it was first put up, and was upset when a potentially interesting story never got continued by the translators (i know hey had their reasons)

there are lots of manga but not all of it is good (my opinion only) but finding manhwa/manhua, either chinese or korean is much rarer (usually its just romance stories and i havent been in the romance phase for a few years now)

Ugh, its like the author has no concept of what AI is.

We have found a translator and his name is Fancy-Pants-Mcfancy (I mean Accretios) - All positions have been filled and now we can begin scanlation production on chapter 5 for "I The Female Robot".

For more information, head to our main website: http://archangelscans.tk

• (Snippet of CH-5 included in the featured front-page, as promised) which gives a quick look at a new font in use for future chapters.

*Edit* - As of 1/27/2015 we are now recruiting a secondary team - If you are interested in joining, please head to our recruitment station page in the link above. (More information in the link) ((Editor, Typesetter, Translator, Proof-reader, Quality-Checker)) all open for now.

I'll have to give you a hardy thank you for keeping the series in mind all these years. With Japanese manga you can assume it might get licensed and the number of places to purchase it is high, but manhua are still rare in the English community so I though I'd never see this again. I wish you and the new translator good luck, and all of my thanks.

i am Ashley Spencer the lead for AS. i created this group in 2014 and posted chapter 2 of ITFR the same day we formed. when we launched it was me and CT niw. translating and editing it it took so long for chapter 3 because CT joinined the singapore military and chapter 4 because he is in universaty right now.

we currently have another translater gundamnexus undergoing testing to join AS(we do not take anyone without them proveing they can contribute to the group) by translating chapter 5 and if higo approves the job he has done i will sned him an invite and we will beable to begin regular updates.

Translation efforts aside, this is a very weak story. It feels like the author is following some casual reader's notes on what they thought made a popular manga in the 80s. Clumsy and naive protagonist, humans-vs-robots, irrationally violent people, comedy mixed in with over the top violence, etc.

"I The Female Robot." has been on the rise since early 2011. It has over 100-chapters untranslated and has quite the chinese fanbase going for it (And a growing fanbase over here of course). It's honestly way too early to judge this manga based on these few released chapters in my opinion. Unfortunately the current translator is only offering basic translations, and dedicated only small increments of his/her time. I think our translators first language may be ENG - We're currently looking for a dedicated Chinese>ENG translator to release higher quality scans. You can expect better quality translations, and much higher overall quality in CH.5 of 'I The Female Robot.' I decided to join Archangel-Scanlations only recently; and chapters 2-4 were redone by yours truly: I'm not too happy about the quality but its too be expected as I did all (3) chapters in one day. (It was quite a long motivational day) and I was truly excited to be apart of the team to offer my talents. I'm here to offer and dedicate all of my time for "I The Female Robot." CH.5 will have almost no foreign letters and will be properly typesetted and edited/proofread. English manga readers will recieve the highest quality that most come to expect these days from manga groups, although we are small and new. We will do our absolute best.

• Trivia: Chapter-4 was the first chapter that was worked on (For me personally) and experimental fonts were used;  Although it was all a rush-job to catch-up (At the time of Redoing the chapters- I was not apart of the team and was being interviewed/tested for my skill/capabilities on working with manga, I can honestly say I was put to the test.  Although I wouldn't of thought my work would've been put out like this, I'm nothing but short of honored. (Although; as a PR person; I had to send it in;)
  • Trivia: Did you know? - I The Female Robot's CH.1 was released April, 27th, 2011. No other group looked at "I The Female Robot." and small upstart group "Archangel" picked up ITFR and began translating the chapters after the manga remained almost dormant for almost 4-YEARS! W0H!

I'm considering using traditional manga fonts in chapter 5. Perhaps I will stick with the bold font that was used in chapter 2/3 - Before the release of chapter 5!  I'll ask and see if I can get a couple of pages done and release them onto our website and get input from "I The Female Robot" fans. (Could potentially have a private forums in the future as well) or perhaps even here if we would have a sub-fourm opened. We're honored to have our group name established at bato.to - Although today is the first time iv heard of this site, it withholds quite the ITFR fanbase. Bato.to is now on the top of our watch lists (at least for me personally now) Our goal is to bring ITFR every two weeks and we're currently going through the gates of hell to snag & chain down a translator for this manga. We want to see it come to a brighter light! we believe this will be the next big manga on english-manga readers watch list every two weeks (That is the dream goal- not the realistic one)

As of right now we are on pace to release chapter 5 - sometime in april - If anything changes; we will post it on our website at http://archangelscans.tk to those who are interested.

Translation efforts aside, this is a very weak story. It feels like the author is following some casual reader's notes on what they thought made a popular manga in the 80s. Clumsy and naive protagonist, humans-vs-robots, irrationally violent people, comedy mixed in with over the top violence, etc.

it says "translator needed", but you found one right?

Archangel Scanlations has a chinese translator since (July, 2014) hence the creation of the three chapters. Translator situation is [1/2] We're on the lookout for another chinese>eng to fill the open slot. However we're looking for a dedicated and reliable translator that can work with us to possibly bring a new chapter for "I The Female Robot." to english readers every two-weeks minimum.

These chapters were released to gain new attention towards ITFR, also too advert and potentially chain-down....err...work with.. someone who has the required skillset to fill the position. Our first and most important goal is to get this manga released faster to ENG-Manga readers who want 'I The Female Robot.' now. We're currently contacting other teams who might have a Chinese>Eng Translator to work with us on a JOINT-OPERATION for 'ITFR.'

We are a new; small but very determined and (capable team)(Launched in mid-2014) that is prepared to launch up with "I The Female Robot." As our leading project. Currently we are interviewing two new translators; so a potential two if they manage to fit- in we'll be sure to let anyone who is curious on current news regarding 'ITFR' on our newly launched website.

As of right now with our current translator; you can expect the next chapter (CH.5) due sometime in april

For more information: Head to our newly recently launched website: http://archangelscans.tk

Archangel-Logo2.png

Followed. Sadly, the comments suggest that it isn't going to see any updates any time soon.

It's not completely hopeless, these 3 chapters being released means it gets some desperately needed exposure and if anything the comments just go to show that people haven't forgotten about it and haven't given up on it :)

Followed. Sadly, the comments suggest that it isn't going to see any updates any time soon.

dear lord. it lives! i never thought i'd see the day.

This is awesome. I want more. Let me know if I can help.

it says "translator needed", but you found one right?

Why use another site when you can find OFFICIAL ones at http://www.u17.com/comic/3420.html ? There're more than 150 chapters out already..

Because I don't speak a single character of Chinese thus I had to ask the original scanlator where she got it from? My Google-fu isn't good enough to lead me to entirely Chinese speaking sites or anything like that.

Also, holy shit yes I've been trying to find a group for this for 3 years now.

It is indeed manga worth of reading. I'm following it !

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics