Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.25 - 539votes)

Medaka Box

Alt Names: alt めだかボックスalt めだか箱alt Medaka Kutusualt 最強學生會長alt 最强会长黑神
Author: Nisioisin
Artist: Akatsuki Akira
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kurokami Medaka, a first year, is elected as Student Council President, and the first thing she does is establish a suggestion box. Since she was just elected as Student Council President, she's holding all the Student Council's responsibilities, and wearing their armbands.
So, she asks her childhood friend Hitoyoshi Zenkichi, for help.
Go to Medaka Box Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Worth the read? New Window aznb0y1113
  • 24 Replies
Topic why the **** does all their blood type AB ??no one ever questioned this ?? New Window Jauhar Zahari
  • 4 Replies
Topic Romance? New Window cofi023
  • 3 Replies
Topic Should there be another series of medaka box New Window Fenrir98
  • 2 Replies
Topic Nothing but Kumagawa New Window dustiler
  • 10 Replies
Topic [Spoiler Discussion] Good Loser Kumagawa - Final Chapter New Window rglkvdwv
  • 3 Replies

1848 Comments

finally the shitty battle manga is over :D, now the shitty comedy is gonna start wiiiii~~~ xD
Chapter 126. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.
cover of vol 13 is up...Kuma is just too awesome!
You should read the release from Beyond Retarded Scanlation. CxC beat 4chan this time, but at the price of quality.
updated the volume cover...gawd I want vol 13 to come out...wanna see more of Kumagawa on the cover
YEAH GO 4CHAN. SCREW THAT CXC SCANS! 4CHAN ALL THE WAY!
What a revelation. to bad it's to short ...
acolyte, I don't see how you could come to the conclusion that Zenkichi wants to be the antagonist. Zenkichi has always been the protagonist in Medaka Box. That much has been clear as day since chapter 1.
The current chapters have even gone as far to say that
Spoiler

Just to make things more clear, this series uses literary terms to describe it's own characters. It plays on literary devices used in manga. It blatantly makes fun of other series for not being original. To even further clarify, it makes fun of series like Bleach and Naruto, which you hate.

Also, if you want to further discuss this, I suggest you make a new forum topic.
I know the manga has been a twisted logic since the start, but the latest arc makes it all seems forced. There's no development given to Zenkichi that leads up to this arc and all of the sudden he seems to want to be the antagonist, and then even with this arc there's not much development on him also, more of the people around him.

Thunder Wolf, I've ran out of mangas to read. I've been reading mangas since 16 years ago but it's about time I ran out of decent reading material.. And if I want the 'pwn every monster every chapter' I'd have read Bleach/Naruto, which I despise.
CXC, what happened? Did your usual Proof Reader or TL leave? I mean, the cleans were great as usual, but the content was sub-par when compared to your usual work.
There are so many grammatical mistakes. Here's just one example: "In the end, without using all of your powers, might be left with nothing in the end." - Chapter 123, page 16.
If you think Medaka Box doesn't make any sense, please read more manga. Medaka Box is rather cerebral and consists of Meta-humor.
Basically, Medaka Box makes fun of other manga and how their plots work. Medaka Box parodies other series plot devices and makes them into something intelligent and workable. If you actually pay attention, there is character development and every arc up until this point has foreshadowed this arc.
Hopefully, you all weren't like, "derp derp, Medaka will always pwn every monster of the week and return the status quo." This isn't Power Rangers.
It actually makes perfect sense, the author is pointing out the flaws of his characters and having them confront them. Zenkichi seems to have gotten fed up with Medaka's constant treating of her friends like trash, and honestly I think he's got the right attitude. I'd like to say I'm rooting for her to beat Kamome somehow... but I hope he beats the ever-living hell out of her. At the beginning of this series I liked Medaka, but as the story has meandered I've come to dislike her. She's no better than Anshin'in in my eyes, and deserves to be put in her place. She seems to think she's a god as of late and its rather stupid. The only reason she's even gotten as far as she has is thanks to her friends' support. Especially Zenkichi. So I'm pulling for Zenkichi. 100%.
Do you think ANY of the arc makes sense? I follow this manga for the twisted logic lol
The direction of this manga is failing terribly. Pitting Zenkichi vs Medaka serves no purpose. Its like the author is reaching into a hat for ideas on tabs of paper written by 4th graders.
Mangaka should just conclude this series or make a new interesting arc. The current arc makes NO sense to me.
But I assume many are still interested =s
Which faction should I pick?
The obvious choice is the Naked Apron Alliance!
All Hail the Naked Apron Alliance!
oh dude they have to love ru darkness here but if your going to read it read to love ru first
haha i jst googled to love ru darknes and square manga...
I'm liking where the series is headed now, it's interesting to see how the story seems to be breaking the third wall all the time but still manages to keep the story in the manga. I knew Zenkichi would have a star role eventually since they totally left him out of the previous arc. The tower arc was good to give Kumagawa and Kouki kun the spotlight though :P
lol i just noticed he wasn't present 4 the last 1-2 months

gud twist Nisioisin, gud twist ind33d ^_^
what are they planning to do with Zenkichi
hope to see zenkichi in the upcoming chapters soon ^_^

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics