Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 39votes)

Meiji Hiiro Kitan

Alt Names: alt A Scarlet Romance of the Meiji Eraalt 明治緋色綺譚
Author: Rikachi
Artist: Rikachi
Genres: Historical HistoricalJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It’s the middle of the Meiji Era and our heroine, the little Suzu, is sold to the red lights district. However, the rich heir of a dry goods store Tsugaru buys her freedom for no apparent reason. She is deeply grateful for being saved, but she doesn’t understand why he paid so much money for her and the only explanation he offers is “we have a bond.” She tries to unravel the mystery of his feelings and gradually grows from a little girl to a young woman, always by his side. A gentle and slow-paced love story set in the Meiji Era.
Go to Meiji Hiiro Kitan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 2 Replies

44 Comments

I cried. I could have killed him. The poor girl... ;_;

Wow, four chapters of this great manga inside of a week.  Thanks a lot, Evil Flowers and Aerandria.  Your groups do incredibly good work.  (Good grammar in translation, as well as great scanlation).

I'm torn between loving it, and wishing she was 10 years older.

Great story. Anxious to read the next chapter...
I should have closed batoto and do my prezi but this... a beautiful read ^^
Great series.
i have to say that this manga is one of the interesting shoujo manga campare with other shoujo. and to Tsugaru, your denseness really suprising for shoujo MC.
wow her past is painful ...
Thanks, Aerandia and Evil Flowers. This is a very imaginative and well-written historical manga. It also has a lot of social commentary about the way people think, with Tsugaru definitely NOT thinking like a normal mercantile son of his time. A good part of the background makes me think of the films of Kenji Misoguchi, a film and literary tradition little known outside of Japan, but very valuable social commentary, both then and now.
This is so cute :-)
at the end of chapter 8, page 37. It looked like the foreshadow of an antagonist.
It's so heartwarming, and poetry just made it more awesome:)
@Serafita

Oh, I asure you, I didn't forget. Can't forget with Meiji in the title, after all.

Ah, yeah, the Hikaru Genji Plan (or Wife Husbandry), but inverted (at least for now). Suzu's feelings are obvious but Tsugaru's a little trickier, even after chapters 6-8. I don't think the HGP was a strong motivator for saving Suzu, but that he just had good intentions. We'll see, though.
Don't forget to take into account this takes place in the past where marriage and such at early ages even with large age gaps were more commonplace.

And I can't believe you're forgetting the Hikaru Genji Plan. :D
This is good so far. Well executed and likable characters. Little mysteries to solve every chapter.

Although that age gap between Suzu and Tsugaru is kind of big. Suzu can't be any older than 10 (and that might be pushing it), while Tsugaru's at least in his late teens to early twenties, since he seems to be out of school already.
A time skip at some point would be nice. Though it would be also interesting to see it happen in moderate jumps. So a year or two every ten chapters or such.
Yea this is cute, hopefully there will be a time skip somewhere though it would also be kind of sad since I'm really liking the little Suzu.
Lmao, "when I'm older I'l become a beauty, I think you should decide quickly". Haha, poetic, smart and funny.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics