Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.21 - 28votes)

Natsu no Arashi!

Alt Names: alt 夏のあらし!alt 夏之岚alt 夏日風暴alt 夏日风暴alt Summer Storm
Author: Kobayashi Jin
Artist: Kobayashi Jin
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In an old town coffee shop, a boy met an older high school girl. From there...

an unforgettable summer began.
Go to Natsu no Arashi! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Incredible! New Window Comadrin
  • 9 Replies

52 Comments

Yayoi seems so innocent that I cannot help but be very worried about her :3

Chapter 27 should be up soon. Following chapters will be a joint with McDonald. We'll also join our forces to scanlate the rest of Ichiro Heian.

Thanks, SRF.  Another great chapter in a really unique manga.  

School Rumble, thanks for another chapter! :-) 

Thanks, SRF.  Natsu no Arashi has to be one of my all time favorites.

huzzah for reverse traps! 

=D

I haven't even read the update yet, but I'm totally excited and think I'll open a bottle of wine to fully enjoy them.  Thanks, School Rumble Fantrad, for two chapters of one of my absolute favorites.

Could it be?  AN UPDATE!

/me runs around celebrating

Nice, an update! Thanks SR Fantrad!

Yay, 2 chapters in one go! Thanks SRF for keeping on with my favorite manga. And yes, fresh is a great description. I've never come across another story quite like this.
Keeps on exploring different elements, different characters; this manga stays very fresh.
Girl looks pretty hot.
Feels a lot like Doraemon, for some reason.
Thanks, SRF. Another great chapter.
UPDATE!! YES!!
Well, question answered. I like the way the tone shifts--there's some great pathos but also some great comedy. Ch. 19--bwahaha!
Still only at ch 5, seems good so far. So I have this feeling Kamigamo's actually a girl. Amirite? Has it come out yet in the chapters up to 19?
wooh, SRF still alives ? and still doing Natsu no Arashi ? this turn out to be a good day indeed
aw~ tell me you guys still have plenty of this?
School Rumble Fantrad,

Thanks for another chapter of my favorite manga. This manga has it all for me: humor that pulls the rug out from under me, romance, character growth, characters that could only be thought up by a genius, and a message that isn't shoved in your face, but entwined into the plot so that you almost don't see it. I already remarked about Kobayashi Sensei's use of art styles, so I won't go into it again, but it blew my mind. This is a really great manga.

P.S. I want to know: is Kobayashi Jin a descendent of one of my favorite artists, Kobayashi Eijiro? I have several of his works from the 1920's, in the Shin Hanga style. If anyone has the mangaka's contact information, lemme know so I can ask him!
Really strange story~
So happy School Rumble is TLing this manga.
I really like this manga. The plot is interesting and pretty original, the characters are pretty three dimensional, and the humor is definitely different (especially since Yayoi and her pal became part of the menagerie). One thing that amazes me is the art. Kobayashi Sensei uses different styles to great effect. On the one hand, we see the color illustration of the coffee house, done beautifully and carefully. Then we see the characters, often done with attention to expression with little regard for real anatomy. The part that really affected me was when the mc was pushing Yayoi in her wheel chair through the street in the past and they ran into the woman and little girl. Yayoi looked at them and saw bad children's drawings. I thought that was a REALLY powerful use of art to express pathos. I was really impressed. I am definitely hoping we see more chapters.
i've read this manga until vol 6 (manga with local language)

things just got serious on vol 6 yet the anime ended at vol 5 -_-
such a mediocrity

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics