Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 102votes)

Liar x Liar

Alt Names: alt ライアー×ライアー
Author: Kindaichi Renjuurou
Artist: Kindaichi Renjuurou
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day, on a whim, twenty-year old Minato decides to walk around the city dressed in her friend's cute high school uniform. To her horror, she ends up running into her stepbrother, Tooru, who is actually only months younger than her. Since he's cute and a notorious player, Minato has had to deal with constant jealousy and suspicion from other girls throughout her entire school days.

Amazingly, she manages to convince Tooru that she's actually someone who just happens to look a lot like his stepsister. He is so convinced that he starts trying to date her and, for various reasons, she goes along with it. What started as a simple joke is now evolving into the biggest lie Minato has ever told!
Go to Liar x Liar Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

310 Comments

Theory (clichéd as it may seem):
Tooru has repressed feelings for Minato; he liked Minato when their parents were not married yet. When Tooru realized that he and Minato would be step-siblings, he became the guy he is prior to meeting "Mina"; he dates other girls because he knows he can't be with his sister.

However, when he sees Minato as "Mina", he thinks this is the closest thing he'll get to a relationship with Minato.

Tooru's kind of enigmatic, but he keeps tabs on his sister when she goes to the gokon and when Karasuma brings her home -- basically whenever she's interacting with other guys. I find that a little suspicious. The jury's still out on whether or not he knows Minato = Mina, but I'm leaning towards him knowing.
Well, it's good . . . but the situation's getting kinda painful. Poor bro . . . whether he sees through the lie or not, he's trying really hard.
I think the brother loves her and is doing this to get closer to her.
This is really good! I have a ton of stuff to do and meant to read just one chapter to pass the time while I was eating. Well...I couldn't stop...one hour later...that plan didn't turn out so good...haha...
@Cydric I also suspect the brother is playing along. Seems like they are both lying to each other - the title is Liar x Liar, after all :)
@stunfire well the author makes Seinen and Shounen as well like Million no Spell and Nicoichi
Its finally up! Thanks Tea123 for the upload =D
Even though this manga is quite good, I am always nervous about reading the next chapter. Like a time bomb that is about to explode but I can't stop reading V__V.
@ Cydric That's what I'm hoping for!! the writing style is not very shoujo-like, it's more like josei
This manga is enjoyable but I don't think that the step brother is that stupid and is just playing along. Posted Image
please ruin this manga for me and spoil me the end(and if is still going on, then spoil me the last vol) xD
I hope the author continues this series. This has been out for a year already.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics