Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 157votes)

Sekirei

Alt Names: alt セキレイalt 鶺鴒女神
Author: Gokurakuin Sakurako
Artist: Gokurakuin Sakurako
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In Tokyo in the year 2020, Minato Sahashi has failed the college entrance exam twice, is awkward around women, and he's unemployed. He could never stand up to his mother or little sister growing up, a trend that continues to this day. In reality, Minato is extremely intelligent, yet his inability to cope under pressure results in his constant failure and he has been branded an idiot and loser by many as a result. One day, Minato meets a girl named Musubi, who literally falls from the sky. Minato soon learns that she is one of the "Sekirei" and he is her "Ashikabi", a human with special genes that allows them to "wing" (form a contract with) a Sekirei. This binds the Sekirei to him and allows them to use their full power in the elimination battle with other Sekirei. Made up of cute girls, buxom women, and bishōnen, the Sekirei fight in a dangerous and sometimes deadly competition known as "The Game" or the "Sekirei Plan" organized by Hiroto Minaka, the chairman and founder of the mysterious and powerful MBI Corporation. Minato soon learns that being the partner of a beautiful girl is not all fun and games, especially when he discovers that an Ashikabi can have more than one Sekirei partner—and that's where the real trouble starts.

Spin-off: 365 days without her
https://bato.to/comic/_/kanojo-no-inai-365-hi-no-koto-r22363
Go to Sekirei Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Ending (possible spoilers alert) New Window GodricKharg
  • 2 Replies
Topic Differences between the manga and the anime New Window Jonky
  • 3 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window KidCongo
  • 6 Replies

131 Comments

what happened to ch. 166? 

is the manga currently on hiatus? or is there no scanlation group atm?

i miss this series so much

yeah ... wow is batoto WAAAAAYYYY far behind on this series ... I have up through ch 161

I'll try and figure out how to submit ch's

volume 16 cover looks awesome

Volume 16 cover:

Spoiler

145-152 is up now, translated by the  A Team scanlators

I know what you mean, Sekirei is tied (with Umi no Misaki) for my favorite manga, but I get so confused every time a new chapter is released that I have to start the manga all over again from chapter 40 or so just to remember who is who and what's going on. On that note, why does it skip from chapter 119 to 144? The group that scanlated volumes 13 and 14 not allow it to be posted on Batoto? 'Cuase that'd be really strange considering most groups that care about that don't want their scans anywhere but Batoto.

They don't, here's a link to their site though, they just did Chapter 146. http://www.ipitydafoo.com/ They've done the entire series so far. They used to be under the name kmts.

I forget why it was they didn't want it hosted even on Batoto.

I really liked this manga, but with updates so few and far between, I'm losing track of who's who and the overall story. x_x

I know what you mean, Sekirei is tied (with Umi no Misaki) for my favorite manga, but I get so confused every time a new chapter is released that I have to start the manga all over again from chapter 40 or so just to remember who is who and what's going on. On that note, why does it skip from chapter 119 to 144? The group that scanlated volumes 13 and 14 not allow it to be posted on Batoto? 'Cuase that'd be really strange considering most groups that care about that don't want their scans anywhere but Batoto.

I really liked this manga, but with updates so few and far between, I'm losing track of who's who and the overall story. x_x

@MrAnarchist

I'm not pushing a religion here; this is a manga and I gave my brief and concise critical thoughts on the series, and after that I gave my opinion for recourse.  It's completely up to the individual whether it is taken seriously, and to decide if they care at all about a few critical thoughts of another individual as with any review.  I like to believe that many people aren't simply sheep. Also, I like hearing other peoples thoughts on things all the same assuming it isn't with spiteful hostility.

I can agree about Twilight though, especially if it's the movies...

I lol'd at the name of the Contributor.  BeeTeam

@Xenire Letting others know your opinion is fine, but I feel like you think the opinion and likes of others don't matter; like what you think and like is what everyone should like and think. Give others a chance, let them decide if they want to read it or not. Pushing your own beliefs is rude and annoying. It's fine to express your opinion, but be mindful that not everyone thinks like you do and doesn't want others to tell them what they want to read or not. Actually, the only time that's TRUELY accepted is when we're talking about the Twilight Saga *cringe*

I don't think anyone gives a rat's ass what you say. Otherwise they wouldn't be here reading the manga, right? Sort of like if you think it's this bad than why are you here other than to troll?

You caught me. I'm just some petty Internet troll here to shoot down your precious ecchi manga. Replying with hostility definitely makes a bold statement about not caring.
I'm up to date on this series, and my opinionated comment was obviously not directed at people already reading this series who like it... who would have guessed?

@Alrei
It's not the greatest that's for sure, but I still think it's pretty decent far as harem series go unless you're looking for one that's more focused on ecchi or the cliche scenario-by-scenario stuff.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr sucks, sorry.

And it's good seeing this back here, but the ch 143 wasn't translated anywhere yet ):

This series is just ridiculous. I've heard from many that they believe this series is above average for an ecchi series or that it has a good plot among other things. I've only read a few volumes but I can safely say from what I've read that it is certainly not even close to being a good series or even above average. The plot is petty and lacks weight, the characters are very shallow, the action is downright weak, and the ecchi is (too) ample but is hardly even mediocre in quality; the series really doesn't seem to have any redeeming traits.

If you're considering reading this series I'd recommend Black God over this one, it has a very similar type of plot, but everything is far better than Sekirei other than maybe the ecchi because there isn't much of that in Black God. If you're looking for a harem try Gokukoku no Brynhildr instead since that's also vastly superior to Sekirei in every way.

In the end it's all just my honest opinion so take it as you will.

I don't think anyone gives a rat's ass what you say. Otherwise they wouldn't be here reading the manga, right? Sort of like if you think it's this bad than why are you here other than to troll?

This series is just ridiculous. I've heard from many that they believe this series is above average for an ecchi series or that it has a good plot among other things. I've only read a few volumes but I can safely say from what I've read that it is certainly not even close to being a good series or even above average. The plot is petty and lacks weight, the characters are very shallow, the action is downright weak, and the ecchi is (too) ample but is hardly even mediocre in quality; the series really doesn't seem to have any redeeming traits.

If you're considering reading this series I'd recommend Black God over this one, it has a very similar type of plot, but everything is far better than Sekirei other than maybe the ecchi because there isn't much of that in Black God. If you're looking for a harem try Gokukoku no Brynhildr instead since that's also vastly superior to Sekirei in every way.

In the end it's all just my honest opinion so take it as you will.
The A-team is still working on this manga its just not updated here anymore.
@Maou-sama, they don't update it here due to A-Team not wanting any work uploaded though I'm not sure if they even are working on series this anymore
@Maou-sama: Yes there are several chapters released, it's just that I don't think they updated it here anymore. The latest chapter is 135.
Aren't there already several chapters out for sekirei?
Every time I see Uzume's pained smile, I feel so sad...

(re-reading :P)
    • Ncf likes this
Flying Island FTW
why are the chapters getting shorter? I´m worried the author doesn´t like to do this series since all of her other work are about Yaoi however i do hope she likes to do it so we can see many more volumes in the future
sadly you all are way behind on updating this!
boobies
Sekirei is one of those few great Ecchi series that have a good plot with sexy gals

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics