Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 182votes)

Sakamichi no Apollon

Alt Names: alt 坂道のアポロンalt Kids on the Slopealt Wzgórze Apollaalt Склон Аполлона
Author: Kodama Yuki
Artist: Kodama Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaJosei JoseiMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Nishimi Kaoru has moved from city to city and school to school because of his father’s job. So the first day at his new school was just routine for him. Being intellectual and the new transfer student, he has always been seen as an outcast and all Kaoru had to do was bear it until the next time he moved. But things were slightly different this time. First, he started to get close to the class president, Mukae Ritsuko, and, secondly, unlikely as it seemed, grew closer to Kawabuchi Sentaro. Sentaro was infamous for getting into fights, skipping class and was an overall bad boy. Strangely enough, the three of them find common ground in music, namely jazz, and Kaoru finds himself actually enjoying the new town.

It won the 57th Shogakukan Manga Award for general manga.

Volumes 1-6 contain unrelated oneshot extras at the end.
Go to Sakamichi no Apollon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

95 Comments

That color picture at the end... I stopped breathing for a second. Gods, what a beautiful end to the series.
Truly brilliant masterpiece. One of the best I've ever read.
Kaoru, Sen, and Ricchan's friendship is forever.

...Now leave me alone and let me cry and pick up the pieces of my heart that broke after realizing that the series ended.
This was a really good read, am sad that it is over now.
Damn, now it's over. That was one of those types of endings that makes you wish for more, but at the same time makes you realize that we don't need more, as that was the perfect ending.

I love this manga. <3 I can't believe there's only one volume left! Hopefully the mangaka didn't screw up the ending...

I think it's now safe to say he did not.
What a masterpiece. Now that I have finished, I understand why this series won the Shogakukan award for general manga. I have to say that Kodama-Sensei has to be one of the best mangakas I have ever come across. She has a unique style, balancing great plot, wonderful character development, and the ability to convey emotion like I have rarely seen. I watched the first episode of the anime, and was immediately drawn into Sakamichi no Apollon. Ever since, I have patiently awaited manga releases to what has become one of my favorite series of all time. Thank you to Sukikatte Scans for taking the time and effort to bring the english translation of Sakamichi no Apollon to the fans.
best manga in my lifetime. no other josei i know of can match the amount of "to heart" moments in this manga.
This was a true masterpiece.
great end, but I wished for more.. :(
I love this manga. <3 I can't believe there's only one volume left! Hopefully the mangaka didn't screw up the ending...
Well my lacrymal glands surre works a lot these days...
What a wonderful volume, this manga goes crescendo in term of drama.
Ahhh. My feels while reading this. T____T
Can't wait for the final chapters!!
I think I might cry when it all ends.
can't wait for the last volume! :D
thank's a lot to sukikatte group who brought this up and nicely done. :)
Oh my god, the author is such a troll...
Spoiler

I freaked out.. oh lordy
Thanks for the translations, they have been really fast last couple of weeks.
wow latest chapter made me tear up a bit. (sniffle)
This manga is so refreshing in so many ways. I really love the friendship the characters have, and all the characters are likable and relatable. I just find myself smiling in most of the chapters.
volume 7 chapter 35 page 13 --ROFL
Didn't like this volume as much as the earlier ones, because it was was more building up to the end. Kaoru and Ricchan getting closer, Sen's dad coming back etc.

I expect some crazy development from here on. Also: Thanks sukikatte for the fast volume releases with great quality.
Spoiler
Just had a thought...What if Sen-kun became a priest?
The church has always been his primary support next to Ri-chan. (The rosary and mantias makes it clear they are Catholic.) He wouldn't have to give up his drums.
Not sure how I'd feel. I'm Catholic, so I was raised to think a macho guy becoming a priest is sorta cool. (before the incidence of pedophilia became a hot topic) But, I want him to have "true love".
Love that Jun finally accepted Yurika, but now we need to find a girl who's just right for Sen-kun.
I do wish they spent more time with the music. But, I hate that Kaoru hates rock. Rock was influenced by jazz, country, blues, big band, and everything else that came before. The guys, like John Lennon, who appreciated all those roots, were the real music pioneers. Being open to new influences, is what keeps modern jazz so vibrant.
this series is getting better and better!!!
love it
I hope the format holds.
[spoiler]Fangirls->Kaoru -><-Ricchan-(family zone'd)-Sen-(?)Yurika -><-Jun-nii
^ ^
| |
-----------------Bromance---------------[spoiler]

I love every character.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics