Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 295votes)

Waratte! Sotomura-san

Alt Names: alt ¡Sonrie! Sotomura-sanalt ยิ้มหน่อยน่า! โซโตมุระซังalt 笑って! 外村さんalt 笑一个吧!外村桑alt Smile! Sotomura sanalt Сотомура-сан, улыбнись!
Author: Minamori Minamo
Artist: Minamori Minamo
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedySchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sotomura is a high-school girl widely regarded as a delinquent, feared and avoided by many of the school body. From her light-brown hair down to her long skirt and harsh manner of speaking, she completely seems the part. But after Sotomura rescues a girl named Haruno from some bullies, Haruno decides to try to get to know her better. Haruno is surprised to find out that Sotomura isn't a delinquent at all and is, in fact, just a very socially awkward girl who is bad with words and wants to make friends. She enjoys cooking, handicrafts, and hitting the supermarket sales. She also loves cute and fancy things, but she tries to hide that fact because she feels they don't suit her image. Haruno's first step in helping Sotomura is to try to teach her how to smile, because whenever she tries, it ends up as a scary grin. Thus begins the story of Sotomura's attempts to make new friends.

Note: 4koma
Go to Waratte! Sotomura-san Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime? New Window Ne0spartan
  • 2 Replies

1160 Comments

oh god the blood help somebody please plug my nose
Lol, the changing panels.

She gets cuter every chapter. -_-; So many smiles in this one.
@Liar

You're right..but you're wrong!?

I kinda think that we are not the target group for this manga.. try to knock off a few years of your age? (how I'd like to do that for mine...)
So adorableeee...
As part of the target demographic of this manga, I am deeply enchanted by Sotomura. We university-aged males wish we had a sweet girl like her...
@misskristinrachel That's because it's the target demographic. Just because it's cute doesn't mean that it can't be aimed at university-aged males. (K-on, for instance, is another example of such a manga)
why is this marked seinen? its way too cute and innocent for that!
This is bad, at this rate i will die because Sotomura-san's cuteness!!!
Christ this is adorable.
Never judge a book by its cover! Except... Sotomura's is an especially intimidating one...

But I love her nonetheless! ;_;
Spoiler
ch.8 page 4, left panel.
I almost felt from my chair laughing.
THAT CUTE LETTER!
SOOOO ADORABLE!
@MelisaArtemis

It's especially sweet when you're used to her looking like this~!

Posted Image
@Aquinox She already can smile naturally.... just not when people are around. And its REALLY sweet smile

Sotomura makes me want to hug her so baad >w<
Ok, I've decided. I going to marry Sotomura-san. I'm going to marry a fictional, 2D character because she is simply THAT FUCKING CUTE.
Oh god, this manga needs to be read with a shot of insulin nearby
Wait... If that delinquent face is her "smile" and "angry" face - then what kind of face is her real smile???
It's cute, but because I'm a sucker for romance, I wish there's a guy who would approach her.. Too bad it'd be too cliche and I guess the author uses a girl instead, otherwise it would be too similar to Yandere Kanojo >.<
She's so cute I feel like my heart is going to tear.

D:>
Oh look new chapter let's see the first page....
Spoiler
reminded me to angel densetsu... lol
@Expers You're thinking of Kimi ni Todoke. It's basically a drama-fied version of this with romance.
Sotomura looks more dignified with her long skirt. The ones the other girls wear are way too short. Is it normal to have skirts that short?
My heart can't handle someone that adorable

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics