Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 34votes)

Hotaru no Hikari

Alt Names: alt 小莹的青春alt ホタルノヒカリalt Glow of the Firefliesalt Hotaru no Hikarualt Hotaru's Lightalt It Is the Only Little Light in My Lifealt 호타루의 빛alt Light of the Fireflyalt نور شبتاب
Author: Hiura Satoru
Artist: Hiura Satoru
Genres: Josei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: 27-year-old Hotaru would rather sleep at home than seek romance, but due to unforeseen circumstances, suddenly she’s living with her boss, Takano. What’s more is that she now has a budding relationship with Makoto, who’s younger than she is. Like a dried fish thrown back into the ocean, can she learn to swim again and rediscover the ways of romance?
Go to Hotaru no Hikari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 22 Replies

80 Comments

It's not easy to find a really good manga and this one is a really good one. I feel the need to thatnk everyone who has helped me to be able to read it; mangaka, publisher, scanner, cleaner, translator, site staff and...

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Thanks, J-Sis and Arusiasotto.  I've been missing Himono, and that was a really nice chapter.  I've always thought that their taste in women was a foolproof method of telling the men from the boys.

Yay, an update!  Many thanks J-Sis!

Ho letto il primo capitolo che avete tradotto e mi piace moltissimo! Spero che continuiate a tradurlo. Grazie infinite :)

Grazie a te! Con l'arrivo di agosto dovrei velocizzare un pochino le uscite :D

Ho letto il primo capitolo che avete tradotto e mi piace moltissimo! Spero che continuiate a tradurlo. Grazie infinite :)

When I saw the new chapter in my follows list, I was surprised at how pleased I was.  This series has grown on me.  I've become fond of the characters, and something I once considered a fairly forgettable, middle-of-the-road manga is probably one of my favourites now.

Thanks for the release!

Thanks, J-SiS, for a great chapter in a great manga.  I just hope we've seen the last of the pre-pubescent heartthrob.

Thank you for the update, J-SiS!

Now that THAT is over, she can move on to Buchou!  Heck yeah, aim for a bigger fish!

While I agree with Purple Library Guy, the fact remains that Makoto had problems and was concerned, but never vocalized anything, ever. If you can't communicate, you can't have a relationship. He is a very immature person.

While it's true she should have told him the living situation, obviously this is not the west where it wouldn't matter you have a male roommate. She thought it would just be temporary and she could get out of it easily, but that didn't happen. Both of them together makes it a powder keg for discontent.

Well, well, you may have a point.  That kind of thing is bound to break down in the end, and she was at fault for concealing who she really was.

But it's hard to argue that her instincts were wrong, either.  Would he have stuck with her this long if she'd let him realize from the start just who she was and what she was like?  I don't think so.  Frankly, it doesn't feel to me like either of them really loved each other.  They had a thing for something they saw, something they admired, some facet of each other.  They were building a story more than a life, and for both of them the story was about as much about who they wanted to be as about the other person.  She suspected as much but she really liked the story so she did what she could to keep telling it, he was oblivious but it definitely seems to be the story he wanted.

In the end something like that isn't meant to be, no matter whose fault it is when the house of cards collapses.

Most people aren't pissed that he dumped her. It's why. If he had drawn the line at living with Buchou, I would have seen it as harsh, but understandable. He drew the line at her having a topknot...

He didn't though; during their last couple of interactions, he began to realize how she acts around other people (including her boss), and she never acted that way around him. She's never really shown her actual personality to Makoto until recently, and his comments are basically that he would have been fine with it had he known before.

It's not that he found out, it's that he found out this late into the relationship.

Most people aren't pissed that he dumped her. It's why. If he had drawn the line at living with Buchou, I would have seen it as harsh, but understandable. He drew the line at her having a topknot...

I find it hilarious that everyone's mad at Makoto, who got lied to throughout the entirety of the relationship, but not one person is mad at Hotaru, who was never honest with him. Which is why they broke up. But Makoto's a dick. LOGIC!
Makoto is such an ass. He has been so wishy-washy and uncommunicative about everything this entire time. He didn't deserve her one bit, I'm glad she's free to have someone who will appreciate her entire personality, not just how she looks at work.
Those aren't marriage papers, they are actually the family registry, which she removed herself from.
I'm a little confused and if someone can explain, that would be great.

Spoiler
And shallow it was, so she didn't have courage to show you her lazy side yet, big deal idiot.
Dammit Teshima...
Indeed. Can he handle the real Himono? The full dried-fish-woman monty?
lol, how can she run around like that in a hospital?
But now let's see how deep Makoto's love really is.
Happy New Year
Yay! Thank'ee indeed and happy Christmas!
Arusiasotto, Thanks for the Christmas present. Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics