Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 32votes)

Asahinagu

Alt Names: alt Asahi Nagualt あさひなぐ
Author: Kozaki Ai
Artist: Kozaki Ai
Genres: Action ActionAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Everyone wants a fresh start in high school and that applies ten fold for Toujima Asahi. She hopes that she can create a new image of coolness at Futatsuzaka High School; a school that used to be all girls until recently, which explains the female population being 5 times that of the male and the extracurricular activities being female oriented. Change isn’t as easy as Asahi thought, but then she is introduced to Maharu, a strong minded girl, and to Naginata, a sport similar to kendo. Asahi realizes that Naginata is what she needs in order to become a new person, as the sport allows those who are not the most athletic to shine even on a national level.
Go to Asahinagu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

51 Comments

Thanks for picking this up. Just please don't quit at 3 like the last scanlation group did... <.<

Nice.

THE BUTTON IS ON THIS PAGE!! OH MY GOD!! THIS IS SUCH A REVELATION TO ME!! I WAS LOOKING FOR IT AT THE GROUP'S PAGE!

okay, chapter 1 is uploaded now.

lolwhut, btw thanks a lot dude mmm...~!

Indeed.

9TZSGqY.png

THE BUTTON IS ON THIS PAGE!! OH MY GOD!! THIS IS SUCH A REVELATION TO ME!! I WAS LOOKING FOR IT AT THE GROUP'S PAGE!

okay, chapter 1 is uploaded now.

strangely

Indeed.

9TZSGqY.png

Press "Add Chapter" button.

strangely, I can't seem to find it. I only see "follow", "edit", and "older releases" buttons

okay, so... I've added a new group here: http://vatoto.com/group/_/b/bamboo-sword-scan-r6863

but I don't know how to add a manga there.

can anyone help? thanks.

Press "Add Chapter" button.

okay, so... I've added a new group here: http://vatoto.com/group/_/b/bamboo-sword-scan-r6863

but I don't know how to add a manga there.

can anyone help? thanks.

Hi guys! Do you see my comment down there about me saying that I can help in translating this manga?

well, I did. With the help marigold (the typewriter, or typesetter, I'm not sure what do people call that job, lol) we've finally translated the first chapter!

it's over here right now: https://bambooswordscan.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/asahi-nagu-first-chapter-released/

we're still not sure how to publish to batoto, but we're working on it :)

FYI guys, if you want to translate this manga to English, we are Russian translators, so please feel free to ask questions (I think we can help a bit if you will make a mistake, can't speak for translator though (I'm just a typer and barely know Japanese and English), but whatever, you're doing God's work.) 

Also: school name is Futatsuzaka, not Nissaka (info straight from Kozaki-sensei).

Anyone willing to help with translation I've got the first volume raw and willing to do all the other work to get this out there!

I know Japanese, if the kanji had furiganas (or the ones I'm familiar with), I can help with translations. I've never done this before so I'm not sure how good I can help.

Anyone willing to help with translation I've got the first volume raw and willing to do all the other work to get this out there!

Ah, another interesting manga with only russian scanlations...

What a pity.

Hmmm hmm... intriguing...

Yeah, a manga about strong and independent women only seems to be popular when said women are libertine, player types or man-hating female chauvinists.  Really sad that normal and imho totally cool girls like these apparently fail in the popularity test.  I started following this when it first appeared over four years ago and was really saddened that it pretty much disappeared off the manga-site radar.  I sure wish someone had kept up with the scanlations.  

You could curse the darkness or you could light a candle.

1. You could keep complaining.

2. You could make the effort to learn and do it yourself.

Please, someone translate it into spanish! Or at least into english!

Isn't there like 18 volumes or more of this series out in Japan?

I hope someone picks this series up, there needs to be more female-led sports manga that aren't full of fanservice.

Yeah, a manga about strong and independent women only seems to be popular when said women are libertine, player types or man-hating female chauvinists.  Really sad that normal and imho totally cool girls like these apparently fail in the popularity test.  I started following this when it first appeared over four years ago and was really saddened that it pretty much disappeared off the manga-site radar.  I sure wish someone had kept up with the scanlations.  

Wait, this is a manga about a school that's 90% girls and its NOT about some guy getting a harem? Is- is that even possible?

That is manga about strong and independent women. I guess it's too hardcore even for femenazi lol

Damn this manga is like a drug. Couldn't stop until I had read all 13 tankobon volumes available in legal electronic form, then hunted down magazine raws and now I'm experiencing harsh withdrawal syndrome being unable to find any way (legal or otherwise) to get my hands on last magazine issues... and that damn cliffhanger! Argh, it's driving me mad.

Any kind Santa with latest weekly big comic spirits issues?
    • Ada likes this
@Gypsy-dono

A naginata is more like a glaive than a spear, so naginatajutsu isn't quite a sport that utilizes spears. Spears would be soujutsu... but I don't think they have a sport like this.
Wait, this is a manga about a school that's 90% girls and its NOT about some guy getting a harem? Is- is that even possible?
Folks, try Bloody Maiden. It also features a female naginata club, but much more, say, hard core.
Naginata FTW!
I want so much a crossover with Kurogane D:
a sport that utilizes spears?!?!? do want in the U.S.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics