Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 131votes)

Wandering Emanon

Alt Names: alt さすらいエマノンalt Emanon - Sasurai Emanon Episode: 1alt EMANON さすらいエマノン Episode:1alt Emanon's Wanderingsalt La Errante Emanonalt Sasurai Emanonalt Sasurai Emanon 2
Author: Kajio Shinji
Artist: Tsuruta Kenji
Genres: Drama DramaSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In the sequel to "Memories of Emanon," our eponymous heroine continues her journey through time, carrying with her 3 billion years of memories. When Emanon reunites with her long lost twin brother, confessions are made and secrets are revealed that will make her question her way of life and the very nature of her existence.

The first half of the volume is the colored chapters "Wandering Emanon" (published before as Emanon Episode: 1). The second half is "Wandering Emanon '67" which is set before "Wandering Emanon."

Sequel to Memories of Emanon (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/memories-of-emanon-r3447)
Go to Wandering Emanon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

79 Comments

Every time I read this my heart breaks. (She looks a bit like someone)

Anyway, I get the feeling that the writer/artist is in love with his character lol 

It would suck if she has amnesia because she already gave birth and the next incarnation just got separated from her. Assuming she isn't just delusional in the first place.

I'm very happy to see more of this series.

This chapter kind of disturbs my picture of Emanon.  I mean,

Spoiler

I really do not want this story to be complete. Un-complete yourself, please! : O

. . . How did you do that?

I really do not want this story to be complete. Un-complete yourself, please! : O

I changed it to ongoing since there's currently a second volume. Looks like there'll be a third volume, too.

I wonder how she reproduced when she was still an unicellular organism because mitosis produces two cells that are exactly the same. Which one receives the memories ?

Random

I wonder how she reproduced when she was still an unicellular organism because mitosis produces two cells that are exactly the same. Wich one receives the memories ?

same as when she had a twin, that power only went to one of them. Also, maybe that other cell had some pyrokinesis power?

I wonder how she reproduced when she was still an unicellular organism because mitosis produces two cells that are exactly the same. Wich one receives the memories ?

Don't be an asshole - it's MAGIC! :)

Beautiful. Definitely in my top favorites of all time.

Page 188

I CANT STOP LAUGHING

Edit:

So that's what guy in the prequel meant about her lineage giving birth to the next steps in human evolution once they've reached a certain point?

"Profound"? Oh you mean "DEEP"? YEp, very "deep" my friend

that boy was near a beautiful naked woman and no boner was seen? He gay? and that girl too, being comfortable with nakedness is one thing but walking around naked at times when she can put at least a t-shirt on is another thing. I feel like the author just really wanna draw nekkid women for the hell of it... beautiful art but derp story

What the hell does that have to do with the story?

Yeah, I thought it was trying a little too hard to be deep. But seriously- what are you even talking about. Some people are just comfortable being naked. That occurs for people even when they don't have god like mental ages. 

I had been considering debinding my copy of the manga to TL, and suddenly saw that someone already beat me to it. And did a good job!

I also own the next two volumes, in novel form (there is a fifth and final one). Haven't started on the third yet, but I'm willing to bet there's a theme of remembering (preservation) versus the brother's power of destruction, which kind of suggests that this series identifies with the cosmic idea of destruction and rebirth.

that boy was near a beautiful naked woman and no boner was seen? He gay? and that girl too, being comfortable with nakedness is one thing but walking around naked at times when she can put at least a t-shirt on is another thing. I feel like the author just really wanna draw nekkid women for the hell of it... beautiful art but derp story

Villages are very different from cities, and bathing naked in the river is not that weird. Also, the boy was used to see naked women, since he was the one in charge of the bath.

Seriously, there are worse things to point out (specially that "you are pyrokinetic?!" part) but, all in all, the plot was pretty consistent and the story was quite good.

so, what happen if she doesn't have a child? 

im confused ><
Was very interesting to read, but that ending felt like a damn cliffhanger... kin'da wish there was more.. alot more.
Although in many ways the whole thing doesn't feel very Japanese. I don't think it was actually done that long ago, but it's very deliberately a product of the 60s/70s hippie culture and Golden Age SF, and I really get that feel from it, with their odd mixture of a very specific, unique vibe and strong aspirations to universality.
I think the casual nudity is more of a hippie thing here than a Japanese thing. And of course it's her--she doesn't care about any particular culture or its taboos, and she kind of sweeps people into her pace.
There's also the factor of culture. In Japan they're much more open about nudity.
Nah, I read the prequel so I know about her "memory" but still, even if she's been living for centuries she should at least retain some common senses... as for the kid, at his age, I might get some "funny" reactions if put in his shoes so different biological perspectives, I guess...
Well, he's just a kid, so it's understandable. As for the girl, well...without spoiling, you'd need to read the prequel to understand her mentality.
"Profound"? Oh you mean "DEEP"? YEp, very "deep" my friend

Nudity ≠ Ecchi, so anyone hoping for the latter will be sorely disappointed.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics