Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 131votes)

Wandering Emanon

Alt Names: alt さすらいエマノンalt Emanon - Sasurai Emanon Episode: 1alt EMANON さすらいエマノン Episode:1alt Emanon's Wanderingsalt La Errante Emanonalt Sasurai Emanonalt Sasurai Emanon 2
Author: Kajio Shinji
Artist: Tsuruta Kenji
Genres: Drama DramaSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In the sequel to "Memories of Emanon," our eponymous heroine continues her journey through time, carrying with her 3 billion years of memories. When Emanon reunites with her long lost twin brother, confessions are made and secrets are revealed that will make her question her way of life and the very nature of her existence.

The first half of the volume is the colored chapters "Wandering Emanon" (published before as Emanon Episode: 1). The second half is "Wandering Emanon '67" which is set before "Wandering Emanon."

Sequel to Memories of Emanon (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/memories-of-emanon-r3447)
Go to Wandering Emanon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

79 Comments

Little does that guy know how privileged he is.

If by priviledged you mean that his wife will eventually lose her mind and functions until she becomes a complete husk after giving birth to a daughter that will probably vanish afterward....then yes...he is quite priviledged.

Please Emanon, be mai waifu

Privileged? She's going to rip his heart out.

Nah, he makes all the reader jelly, so there is gonna be a retaliation.

Spoiler

I thought the name said Eminem, I'm really disappointed. Bye

Wait, you're missing out!

I thought the name said Eminem, I'm really disappointed. Bye
Be sure to check out the works of igarashi daisuke if you like this.

Weaper: Holy shit, five?! I'm going to enjoy translating every word.In fact, when I become an actual media translator for a real publisher, this is the first series I want to work on, if nobody's on it yet by that time. (Novel or manga, either would be wondrous)

Doesn't real publishers make it slower?

I'd really wanna read all of it :D but I've seen novs and mangs being completely dropped due to actual publishers picking up only to say 'not much viewers/ buyers meh' ... then due to the law being how it is adds risks for free translators picking up, which ultimately disables the chances for readers to get more releases.

Even the note at the head of the title page that purports to explain the intended order of this material just confuses me more.  Could anyone please say what volumes of this series were published when--and, more importantly, does that represent the order the volumes are supposed to be read in?

The series is originally a set of novels, which are actually still ongoing. A bit like Diane Duane's Young Wizards series, in a sense--it started in the 80s and the most recent installment was released last year.

The story is essentially told in a sort of in-medias-res, in that the story of Emanon herself is billions of years old. For our purposes, though, it really doesn't matter that much.

Here are the novel titles, in order of release:

-Omoide Emanon (Memories of Emanon)

-Sasurai Emanon (Wandering/Wanderer Emanon) [this has been split into multiple manga volumes; the second is the most recent manga release]

-Karisome Emanon (From here on, I'm not going to decide how I specifically should TL the names; it's ambiguous in English)

-Maroudo Emanon

-Yukizuri Emanon

-Utakata Emanon

........Just read Memories of Emanon first and then read this, in chapter release order.

Weaper: Holy shit, five?! I'm going to enjoy translating every word.In fact, when I become an actual media translator for a real publisher, this is the first series I want to work on, if nobody's on it yet by that time. (Novel or manga, either would be wondrous)

I have this strange longing for Emanon.

2. But I can't.  Even the note at the head of the title page that purports to explain the intended order of this material just confuses me more.  Could anyone please say what volumes of this series were published when--and, more importantly, does that represent the order the volumes are supposed to be read in?

The '67, '73 and so on represent the years. ie: '67 means 1967

that way it shows a chronology of Emanon's adventures.

There are currently only Memories of Emanon and Wandering of Emanon volume 1 and 2 published but I believe reading somewhere that the artist was aiming for a 5 volumes story for the wanderings

1.  This is just about my favorite manga. And I love it for the reason someone said earlier:

"Every time I read this my heart breaks. (She looks a bit like someone).

Anyway, I get the feeling that the writer/artist is in love with his character lol."

Emanon, with her always-composed manner and lithe body, always makes me think of a particularly slim, elegant girl I had a crush on in high school.   And I would bet anything that she was based on someone who became an even sweeter memory for the mangaka -- that is, she was someone whom he had, or almost had, a relationship with and afterwards could never forget.  "Memories of Emanon", which seems to be a quite realistic fragment of the life of a sensitive young man in which he meets and loses contact with an enigmatic young woman, strongly suggests that.

And the drawings of Emanon naked here in "Wanderings" seem to me to be full of memories of desire and/or love--and particularly of the worshipful regard that desire can sometimes rise to. I believe the complex and grandiose storyline that the mangaka is trying to tell about Emanon here also arose from the intensity of his attachment to the memory or the girl she's based on.  I just wish I could understand that story!

2. But I can't.  Even the note at the head of the title page that purports to explain the intended order of this material just confuses me more.  Could anyone please say what volumes of this series were published when--and, more importantly, does that represent the order the volumes are supposed to be read in?

Awsome! I kind of feel there are pages missing (like where did that brother go?), is this intentional or is it a mistake of some kind?

I don't think there are missing pages. Regarding your question about the brother, do read my post. Hope it helps, or please correct me if I'm wrong.

Posting this to help clarify things as I see some people might be confused, since I was a bit confused myself after reading all the releases the first time.

Spoiler

Do correct me if I'm wrong :)

I'm not sure, as we're following the Emanon from 1973 , the one that encountered her brother was Emanon in 1990

Considering they look the same without having aged, the Emanon of 1973 is the mother of her 1990 version (that we have read the wandering in previous arcs) and mother then of that strange brother.

I wonder then if that guy is going to be the father.

Hm... sounds plausible. Also, was there a character who seemed to go along a parallel time line in there somewhere, or did I hallucinate text again

Ah yes, you're right, i remembered that page wrongly on the previous arc about the next meeting of Emanon and the other time wandering woman

http://vatoto.com/read/_/86463/wandering-emanon_v1_ch7_by_gantz-waitingroom/4

i remembered the 1990 but they were not talking about the time they were in, but their next meeting.

so basically that part of the story was in 1968

I'm not sure, as we're following the Emanon from 1973 , the one that encountered her brother was Emanon in 1990

Considering they look the same without having aged, the Emanon of 1973 is the mother of her 1990 version (that we have read the wandering in previous arcs) and mother then of that strange brother.

The first volume is Emanon from 1967, not 1990.

And it's pretty normal for us not to see Emanon past in the current story as she herself doesn't remembers it (ie: she's amnesic)

romance in the air?

Ema has been a mother in past lives, so it's not terribly hard to see happening.

true. probably has something to do with  her  brother though, doesn't it? 

This chapter kind of disturbs my picture of Emanon.  I mean,

Spoiler

true. probably has something to do with  her  brother though, doesn't it? 

I wonder how she reproduced when she was still an unicellular organism because mitosis produces two cells that are exactly the same. Wich one receives the memories ?

probably just happened at random tbh

Awsome! I kind of feel there are pages missing (like where did that brother go?), is this intentional or is it a mistake of some kind?

Every time I read this my heart breaks. (She looks a bit like someone)

Anyway, I get the feeling that the writer/artist is in love with his character lol 

I think I am a little in love with her as well haha

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics